Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4889 replies to this topic

#2711 AudEv2012

AudEv2012
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

Wow Avens, thanks so much for the post, your wedding looked beautiful!  It's nice to see another Western Canadian bride on here.  Our wedding is on April 12th, and we are getting really excited!

I just found out today that the photographer who was coming with us from Canada is no longer able to make it.  :(  So, we are now going back to the drawing board and trying to find a photographer.  I think we have settled on Claudia Rodriguez, so if anyone has any experience with her let me know, or if you have any other recommendations that would be great!

Also, if anyone has a list of the menu options that would be really helpful.  We would love to have the surf n' turf but are worried it may no longer be available. 

Thanks again for all of the info ladies, this site is incredibly helpful!   

Originally Posted by Avens 

centrepieces.jpg

These are the centerpieces I had for the guest tables.

flowers.jpg

DSCF2789.JPG

#2712 Brenners

Brenners
    • 807 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

AudEv2012, we are going with Erick Rodriguez from Claudia Rodriguez photography - he is actually her brother.  Claudia was already booked for our wedding day.  We will be posting a review after our wedding.

Originally Posted by AudEv2012 

Wow Avens, thanks so much for the post, your wedding looked beautiful!  It's nice to see another Western Canadian bride on here.  Our wedding is on April 12th, and we are getting really excited!

I just found out today that the photographer who was coming with us from Canada is no longer able to make it.  :(  So, we are now going back to the drawing board and trying to find a photographer.  I think we have settled on Claudia Rodriguez, so if anyone has any experience with her let me know, or if you have any other recommendations that would be great!

Also, if anyone has a list of the menu options that would be really helpful.  We would love to have the surf n' turf but are worried it may no longer be available. 

Thanks again for all of the info ladies, this site is incredibly helpful!   

#2713 mrssemenuksoon

mrssemenuksoon
      • 37 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

Avens! Welcome back, and congratulations!!! Sorry to hear of your few bumps...Your wedding looked beautiful! We are on the final countdown now...:) 

#2714 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
        • 389 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

JoanneIreland thanks so much for answering, I surely do appreciate every single person on here giving their tips.. SO very helpful!

#2715 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
          • 389 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:34 PM

AudEv2012 , check out Juan Navarro for a photographer, his packages are quite reasonable in my opinion and I really enjoy his work! Once we can work out our date we will be booking him!!

#2716 kisekae

kisekae
            • 28 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

Ohhh good!! I can't wait to see your pictures! You must be getting soooo excited for your wedding day :)

Has anyone had experience getting flameless candles or maracas while in Mexico before the wedding? We've heard it's better than packing it all there, but I have no idea where to find such things, and don't want to get ripped off!!

Also, does anyone know if there are options for chairs WITHOUT chair covers? And what the cost would be to do this. 

Thank you all soooo much, I love hearing from all the other brides, this site has literally saved me

x

#2717 Hrcahill

Hrcahill
              • 18 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

Has anyone had their reception at the Mariachi Grill?

#2718 Avens

Avens
                • 576 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

We used Sascha Gluck.  We had him booked for one night, and my wedding coordinator said that if anyone asked, he was one of our guests.  No one asked any questions, and we didn't have to pay the outside photographer fee, or for a second night.  I don't know if we just lucked out big time - but I think being very courteous and polite and gracious to your WC makes a big difference.  They are super busy, and there might be someone of a language barrier, I think some brides might get impatient and demanding.  This is their job, and I really think they are doing the best they can!

#2719 ANGELA2013

ANGELA2013
                  • 312 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Avens 

centrepieces.jpg

These are the centerpieces I had for the guest tables.

flowers.jpg

DSCF2789.JPG

Wow everything looked beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing, it definitely helps to put my mind at ease :)

#2720 ANGELA2013

ANGELA2013
                    • 312 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by kisekae 

Ohhh good!! I can't wait to see your pictures! You must be getting soooo excited for your wedding day :)

Has anyone had experience getting flameless candles or maracas while in Mexico before the wedding? We've heard it's better than packing it all there, but I have no idea where to find such things, and don't want to get ripped off!!

Also, does anyone know if there are options for chairs WITHOUT chair covers? And what the cost would be to do this. 

Thank you all soooo much, I love hearing from all the other brides, this site has literally saved me

x

We are thinking about doing the same thing with the maracas too, We thought it would be easier then worrying about customs. Does anyone know that best route? we too are worried about getting ripped off or having problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users