Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4889 replies to this topic

#2451 june11bride

june11bride
  • 304 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:54 AM

The rose pedals are $5 USD a bag! :)

You can just buy them when you get to the resort?

Happily married on June 11th 2011 to the best husband in the world!

#2452 April28thBride

April28thBride
    • 10 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by june11bride 

Quote:
      Originally Posted by April28thBride 

The rose pedals are $5 USD a bag! :)

You can just buy them when you get to the resort?

Yep! My WC just asked me if I'd like to have rose pedals for the ceremony during my meeting with her. If you want it she will just add it to the bill with your wedding package. I asked for 2 bags (1 pink and 1 white) and had her scatter them all down the 'aisle'. There were rose pedals from where my dad and I started walking  all the way up the gazebo. Here's a snapshot of it...

17 (21).jpg

#2453 Rose

Rose
      • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:17 PM

Our daughter was married in a non-legal ceremony at the Barcelo on April 30th (she and her husband were married in a civil ceremony before they arrived in Mexico -- none of the guests knew that they had been married in Canada). They chose a "justice of the peace" for the wedding, and the ceremony was lovely.  No one knew the difference.  The bride and groom signed a "certificate" in front of everyone and the guests just assumed it was the marriage certificate.

#2454 Rose

Rose
        • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:19 PM

I recommend the saxophonist - he's a brilliant and very talented musician.  Our w/c asked what type of music we wanted, and we said something with a Latin/Mexican flavour, and he played lots of great tunes.

#2455 Meggers7484

Meggers7484
          • 315 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:19 AM

We had the saxaphonist play at our cocktail hour instead of the ceremony, I was taking pictures so I didn't hear him, but if you get him make sure you suggest some songs for him to play. I didn't and apparently he played the same song over and over!

#2456 Brenners

Brenners
            • 807 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

Ok, I know I have seen this on here before but cannot find it now.  Were any of you brides upgraded to a stay at the Palace free for having your wedding there or because you booked a certain number of rooms?  My TA is telling me that we can get this in the contract but could not remember if others were able to do this or not...

#2457 CarlaN

CarlaN
              • 26 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:24 PM

Question. Has anyone heard if La Luna photography is banned from the Barcelo Mayan Resorts?

#2458 michelle2011

michelle2011
                • 1,301 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:03 AM

Hi girls we're back from our lovely stay at the Palace. We had a horrible check in so i would recommend you email ahead if you want a particular room/building etc. Also be prepared for things to change when you get to resort. Victoria was our WC and she did mess up a little but it all worked out in the end and we had a great stay and wedding there :o) just getting over the jetlag :o)

#2459 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                  • 860 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:05 AM

Michelle you are back!! Sorry about the hiccups but glad to know it all worked out well. Recover quickly from the jetlag and get back online and give us all the details!!

#2460 Avens

Avens
                    • 576 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:06 AM

Yay Michelle! I'm glad it was good. Can't wait to see pictures and review!

Originally Posted by michelle2011 

Hi girls we're back from our lovely stay at the Palace. We had a horrible check in so i would recommend you email ahead if you want a particular room/building etc. Also be prepared for things to change when you get to resort. Victoria was our WC and she did mess up a little but it all worked out in the end and we had a great stay and wedding there :o) just getting over the jetlag :o)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users