• Please log in to reply
4889 replies to this topic

#201 Houserhead

Houserhead
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:03 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by harv0136
    Does anyone have any pictures of the banquet rooms at the palace? I am hoping I can do the coral grill but was told that the prices would be increasing 10%. I'm not sure I can afford that with the amount of people I have coming.

The new photographer policy is super frustrating. They originally told me day pass and now it's $300! They should offer the price they told us when we put our date on hold.
    I toured the banquet rooms at the Palace and they are nice, just not my idea of a cool Mexican wedding. There was a wedding going on while we visited the resort and they had their reception in the large banquet room. They looked like they had a blast. The banquet rooms have no windows just like most rooms of the sort

#202 harv0136

harv0136
    • 137 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:56 PM

Has anyone done the cocktail hour? If so, which package did you choose? Do you know which food options are the best? Thanks!

#203 BethBride1

BethBride1
      • 106 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 1, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:57 PM

Hey Cara! I'm getting married at the Palace too! Our day is July 1, 2010. We are in the process now for booking a site visit this June...so if you want me to find anything out or take any pictures when I'm down there, let me know!

#204 Sandra&Mario

Sandra&Mario
      • 336 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:28 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by BethBride1
        Hey Cara! I'm getting married at the Palace too! Our day is July 1, 2010. We are in the process now for booking a site visit this June...so if you want me to find anything out or take any pictures when I'm down there, let me know!
        We're not having a site visit unfortunately...so feel free to take LOTS and LOTS of pics!! We decided on Barcelo because of all the wonderful reviews! So we don't mind reading another one! Can't wait to hear and see all you bring back! Good luck :)

#205 Sandra&Mario

Sandra&Mario
        • 336 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:18 AM

So, a couple of months ago we booked our stay at the Palace directly with them for $4,500 for the dates of 1/4/10-1/11/10...so thought the price was high, but went ahead with the reservation as we needed it to proceed with having our wedding date reserved with Claudia...today I decided to check prices and almost fell off my chair!!!! It's not $7,000 for a week!!! What is going on?!?!?!?! These prices are OUTRAGEOUS! No way are my guests going, LOL! We can barely afford it ourselves! Does anyone know what is going on? Have you ladies booked your stay? Was it an astronomical amount of money?! This is scary! Yet, flights are $260 which is fantastic. If we were going next week it would cost $2,000 for both of us for a week. I know with the whole flu thing going on and I know that January is peak time...but OMG!!! That is a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee difference! What should I do? I contacted a family travel agent and she said there are no deals going on right now with Barcelo and we should wait. I need a new travel agent. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#206 hazzardl

hazzardl
          • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:01 PM

We just booked our package to the Palace for 10 nights, 4/19 to 4/29/2010 (wedding on 4/24) and it cost us $4200 and that included our travel insurance and non-stop transfers from the airport. $7000 for a week doesnt sound right at all even if it is during the high season. We actually went for a week during high season this year (first week of March) and stayed at the Palace and paid the same as next year's 10 day trip ($4200). I would definitely get a second look at those prices before you book anything. good luck.

#207 Sandra&Mario

Sandra&Mario
            • 336 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:25 PM

Thanks Hazzardl!! When we booked our stay it was $4,500 and that's only 7 nights and doesn't include airfare or airport transfers. Is your price including your airfare also? Did you use a travel agent? We don't know an agent well, so we just called a friend of a friend who ended up giving us the same quote as Continental for our flights and said the hotel wasn't running any specials know and it was the same price as when we called the hotel directly! What exactly are travel agents supposed to do? I'm so confused!! I wanted our families to proceed with their arrangements...but these prices are alarming!

#208 harv0136

harv0136
              • 137 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:27 PM

I'm getting married in January 2010 and my travel agent said to wait until July/August to book for the best prices. I think it's still too early, the hotel seems pretty expensive still. I know it's hard to wait but I think you only need to book 5 months in advance to keep your date!

#209 amynjoe

amynjoe
                • 178 posts
                • Wedding Date:February 25, 2010
                • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace, Riviera Maya

Posted 31 May 2009 - 05:39 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Sandra&Mario
                So, a couple of months ago we booked our stay at the Palace directly with them for $4,500 for the dates of 1/4/10-1/11/10...so thought the price was high, but went ahead with the reservation as we needed it to proceed with having our wedding date reserved with Claudia...today I decided to check prices and almost fell off my chair!!!! It's not $7,000 for a week!!! What is going on?!?!?!?! These prices are OUTRAGEOUS! No way are my guests going, LOL! We can barely afford it ourselves! Does anyone know what is going on? Have you ladies booked your stay? Was it an astronomical amount of money?! This is scary! Yet, flights are $260 which is fantastic. If we were going next week it would cost $2,000 for both of us for a week. I know with the whole flu thing going on and I know that January is peak time...but OMG!!! That is a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee difference! What should I do? I contacted a family travel agent and she said there are no deals going on right now with Barcelo and we should wait. I need a new travel agent. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                we just booked out trip thru apple vacations for $1060pp for 5 nights, 7+ nights were maybe $1500pp. you may want to check there

#210 BethBride1

BethBride1
                • 106 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 1, 2010
                • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:25 AM

Sandra- I will definately take lots of pics! Also, we booked through Apple too. Our prices weren't quite as good as Amy's...but they were pretty similar. I would definately call several travel agents and Apple. Be up front- tell them that you are shopping around and the best price will get your business. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users