Jump to content

Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4889 replies to this topic

#2061 michelle2011

michelle2011
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,301 posts

    Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:07 PM

    Hello lovelys, can anyone help me on this one? I have read on some of the other forums that you can't have family/relatives be your witnesses. Is this the case at the BM Palace? I thought we could have anyone and we have asked FI's brother and sister and then two friends. I have emailed Victoria and waiting for a reply. Has anyone else had family as their witnesses? Many thanx



    #2062 emily41242

    emily41242
    • Site Supporter
    • 7 posts

      Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:11 PM

      We are planning to do the Mint Breeze package.  Does anyone know if the actual meal lasts for three hours??  If our wedding ceremony is at 4:00, what time do you recommend for dinner?  I'm hoping to also have a dance part to the reception, any insight?



      #2063 Sarah_2011

      Sarah_2011
      • Newbie
      • 4 posts

        Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:56 PM

        Hello Ladies!

         

        My name's Sarah (I'm a newb) and I'm getting married at the Barcel³ Maya Palace on February 21, 2011!

         

        I'm wondering if anyone has the contact information for Adrian Guerra for hair and makeup?  I’ve read that he is highly recommended but I can’t seem to find his contact information.

         

        Thanks :) 

         



        #2064 mexico_2011

        mexico_2011
        • Newbie
        • 82 posts

          Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:03 AM



          Originally Posted by emily41242 

          We are planning to do the Mint Breeze package.  Does anyone know if the actual meal lasts for three hours??  If our wedding ceremony is at 4:00, what time do you recommend for dinner?  I'm hoping to also have a dance part to the reception, any insight?



          I don't think the actual meal lasts for 3 hours, so you would have time for some dancing after you eat. You can also add on extra hours to your reception (I think it's an additional $12 per person per hour) We are having our ceremony at 4:00 and our reception at 6:30. I am hoping this is enough time for pictures in between, but it will also be getting dark at that time. Hopefully this helps!



          #2065 june11bride

          june11bride
          • Jr. Member
          • 304 posts

            Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:23 PM



            Originally Posted by michelle2011 

            Hello lovelys, can anyone help me on this one? I have read on some of the other forums that you can't have family/relatives be your witnesses. Is this the case at the BM Palace? I thought we could have anyone and we have asked FI's brother and sister and then two friends. I have emailed Victoria and waiting for a reply. Has anyone else had family as their witnesses? Many thanx

            I asked my w/c and she said it can be anyone over the age of...18 I think? I asked if it could be family and she said yes
             


            Happily married on June 11th 2011 to the best husband in the world!


            #2066 michelle2011

            michelle2011
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,301 posts

              Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:16 PM



              Originally Posted by june11bride 



              I asked my w/c and she said it can be anyone over the age of...18 I think? I asked if it could be family and she said yes
               


              Oh thanks so much. That is really helpful :o)
               



              #2067 FutureMrsG

              FutureMrsG
              • Newbie
              • 23 posts

                Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:55 PM

                Does anyone know which beach is the best location for a beach reception?  Does anyone have pictures of the options?  I have called Barcelo twice and e-mailed Karen (who apparently is on vacation) 7 times without getting anywhere.  I talked to Shaid as well as Victoria on the phone, both of which told me they would e-mail me the pictures of the various beaches right away and I have not gotten them.  I even stayed on the phone with Victoria until after she hit send on her computer but I still have not gotten the photos. I am extremely frustrated because I need to order invitations for my January 7, 2011 wedding ASAP and Barcelo is making it very hard for me to get the necessary information together to get this done.



                #2068 nmurch

                nmurch
                • Jr. Member
                • 396 posts

                  Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:23 PM



                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by FutureMrsG 


                  Does anyone know which beach is the best location for a beach reception?  Does anyone have pictures of the options?  I have called Barcelo twice and e-mailed Karen (who apparently is on vacation) 7 times without getting anywhere.  I talked to Shaid as well as Victoria on the phone, both of which told me they would e-mail me the pictures of the various beaches right away and I have not gotten them.  I even stayed on the phone with Victoria until after she hit send on her computer but I still have not gotten the photos. I am extremely frustrated because I need to order invitations for my January 7, 2011 wedding ASAP and Barcelo is making it very hard for me to get the necessary information together to get this done.






                  Hey sorry to hear ur having all these problems the beach Is called playa azul and it's at the far end of the barcelos on the beach side of things ( they take a trolly thing to get u there ) anyways I don't have any pictures but if u go to google and type unofficial barcelo Maya fourm there's a wedding section that has alot of pictures ! With this location I know the use kim03 had her wedding there and her pics were amaZing ! Good luck hope this helps
                  jan 11 cant come soon enough...

                  #2069 alib0160

                  alib0160
                  • Newbie
                  • 13 posts

                    Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:41 AM

                    My mom and I were talking just yesterday about how hiring Adrian Guerra was probably one of the best decisions we made. You underestimate what the humidity will do and he uses an airbrush makeup machine that makes your makeup stay on all day and night. Adrian's makeup will also photograph much better than the average stuff you use. And he will do a trial run with you, so you know exactly what will happen on your wedding day.

                     

                    Here is Adrian Guerra's contact info:

                    adriang1224@gmail.com

                    http://www.stylingtriorivieramaya.com/

                     

                     

                    Quote:

                    Originally Posted by Sarah_2011 

                    Hello Ladies!

                     

                    My name's Sarah (I'm a newb) and I'm getting married at the Barcel³ Maya Palace on February 21, 2011!

                     

                    I'm wondering if anyone has the contact information for Adrian Guerra for hair and makeup?  I’ve read that he is highly recommended but I can’t seem to find his contact information.

                     

                    Thanks :) 

                     





                    #2070 silvajen

                    silvajen
                    • Newbie
                    • 11 posts

                      Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:19 PM

                      Hey girls! I need some help... how is everyone booking their rooms? Are you going straight to the hotel?? I am having a hard time with this. Did you WC help you?

                      I need to book asap to confirm my wedding date but don't know if I should go straight to the hotel and book a flight separate or if I should book a package deal

                      Any help you can give would be great! Thanks girls :-)






                      1 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users