Jump to content

Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4889 replies to this topic

#1961 cjb0arder13

cjb0arder13
  • Jr. Member
  • 310 posts

    Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:08 AM

    Hi ladies. I need to vent!

     

    My fiance's aunt is notoriously out-spoken. We normally get along (I try to get along with everyone...I hate confrontation) but lately she's been making comments that are driving me up the wall. Her biggest complaint is that she doesn't want to "sit around the pool all day...that's boring". She hates the heat, hates the sun...etc etc. So, of course, I tell her all the tours and things that are available, and say she can go up to Cancun or down to Playa Del Carmen because those are bigger towns and there should be a lot of stuff to do/see. She's only planning on going for 3 or 4 nights. So the last time I saw her, she said she checked into it and it didn't look like there was a lot of stuff to do down there. I almost lost it. I wanted to say...THEN DON'T COME. Honestly. It won't break our hearts if you're not there. My job is not to entertain you, my job is to marry the man I love, on the beach, and have the people that want to be there, THERE.

     

    But of course, I don't say this, because she's my fiance's aunt and she's important to him. But I'm not sure I can bite my tongue much longer...arg!



    #1962 michelle2011

    michelle2011
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,301 posts

      Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:44 AM



      Originally Posted by cjb0arder13 

      Hi ladies. I need to vent!

       

      My fiance's aunt is notoriously out-spoken. We normally get along (I try to get along with everyone...I hate confrontation) but lately she's been making comments that are driving me up the wall. Her biggest complaint is that she doesn't want to "sit around the pool all day...that's boring". She hates the heat, hates the sun...etc etc. So, of course, I tell her all the tours and things that are available, and say she can go up to Cancun or down to Playa Del Carmen because those are bigger towns and there should be a lot of stuff to do/see. She's only planning on going for 3 or 4 nights. So the last time I saw her, she said she checked into it and it didn't look like there was a lot of stuff to do down there. I almost lost it. I wanted to say...THEN DON'T COME. Honestly. It won't break our hearts if you're not there. My job is not to entertain you, my job is to marry the man I love, on the beach, and have the people that want to be there, THERE.

       

      But of course, I don't say this, because she's my fiance's aunt and she's important to him. But I'm not sure I can bite my tongue much longer...arg!



      Aw hun she just sounds god damn awkward. If she's only there 3/4 days what is she expecting? If it were me relaxing in the sun would be enough. As you say it's not your job to entertain her. You have done well to bite your lip. I dont know if i could ha ha... hope she calms down and stops with the silly comments. Deep breaths hun, it'll all work out ok.



      #1963 Clean122

      Clean122
      • Site Supporter
      • 118 posts

        Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:14 PM



        Originally Posted by cjb0arder13 

        Hi ladies. I need to vent!

         

        My fiance's aunt is notoriously out-spoken. We normally get along (I try to get along with everyone...I hate confrontation) but lately she's been making comments that are driving me up the wall. Her biggest complaint is that she doesn't want to "sit around the pool all day...that's boring". She hates the heat, hates the sun...etc etc. So, of course, I tell her all the tours and things that are available, and say she can go up to Cancun or down to Playa Del Carmen because those are bigger towns and there should be a lot of stuff to do/see. She's only planning on going for 3 or 4 nights. So the last time I saw her, she said she checked into it and it didn't look like there was a lot of stuff to do down there. I almost lost it. I wanted to say...THEN DON'T COME. Honestly. It won't break our hearts if you're not there. My job is not to entertain you, my job is to marry the man I love, on the beach, and have the people that want to be there, THERE.

         

        But of course, I don't say this, because she's my fiance's aunt and she's important to him. But I'm not sure I can bite my tongue much longer...arg!


        oh wow that does suck! I know how it is though, I just had to invite one of my parents friends because they got hurt feelings that they wernt invited. Cant please everyone though, just bite your lip and remember its your day and not theirs!



        #1964 slandro06

        slandro06
        • Jr. Member
        • 153 posts

          Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:19 AM

          AHHHH!!! I am freaking out! I emailed Xhail, my wedding coordinator, July 26th about starting to plan the wedding and still have not heard anything back from her!!! Is everyone having this trouble? I know the wedding is still 10 months away but the months are going by quicker and quicker! Plus, I want to book Ivan Luckie for photography, but since I havn't gotten a response back, I have no idea what the rules are about having outside photographers or where I am even having the wedding!!! :(



          #1965 nmurch

          nmurch
          • Jr. Member
          • 396 posts

            Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:19 AM



            Originally Posted by slandro06 

            AHHHH!!! I am freaking out! I emailed Xhail, my wedding coordinator, July 26th about starting to plan the wedding and still have not heard anything back from her!!! Is everyone having this trouble? I know the wedding is still 10 months away but the months are going by quicker and quicker! Plus, I want to book Ivan Luckie for photography, but since I havn't gotten a response back, I have no idea what the rules are about having outside photographers or where I am even having the wedding!!! :(



            i think theres already 4 gals on here that have booked ivan for photgraphy and what she said to me was as long as they are a guest of your wedding ( 2 night stay minimum ) then it's ok to have him photograph ur wedding! i would email her again tho maybe it got lost. there's plenty of emails going around down there i think there's a few including me where emails have gone unresponded too!

            Attached Files


            jan 11 cant come soon enough...

            #1966 maniacib

            maniacib
            • Newbie
            • 11 posts

              Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:54 AM

              So, does anyone know is it alright for you rphotographer to have a room for only 1 night?  I don't get why they have to book for 2 nights because if they stay 1 night then they are a guest at the hotel.  I've also heard you can just pay a fee to have them there.  Does anyone know if that is true?  I have emailed the wedding coord several times, but  still no response!  I just want to know what is their policy?



              #1967 mexico_2011

              mexico_2011
              • Newbie
              • 82 posts

                Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:30 PM


                I booked Ivan Luckie to be our photographer (for March 16, 2011) and I emailed Claudia (our wedding coordinator) to ask what the policies were for having an outside photographer. She responded today and this is the email I received back from her:

                 

                Hola Melanie,

                 

                External photographer are not allowed on the resort, if he is one of your guest is necessary that you book him minimum 2 nights at the resort  minimum.

                 

                Thanks,

                 

                Claudia  Vazquez Garcia

                 


                 

                Originally Posted by maniacib 

                So, does anyone know is it alright for you rphotographer to have a room for only 1 night?  I don't get why they have to book for 2 nights because if they stay 1 night then they are a guest at the hotel.  I've also heard you can just pay a fee to have them there.  Does anyone know if that is true?  I have emailed the wedding coord several times, but  still no response!  I just want to know what is their policy?





                #1968 alib0160

                alib0160
                • Newbie
                • 13 posts

                  Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:37 PM

                  I got married at the Barcelo on August 7th. I'm going to post a review shortly, but wanted to let you girls know not to sweat about the outside vendor/photographer policy too much. The policy changed last year, and it sounds like the policy might be changing again. Pretty certain the wedding coordinators know it's a bad policy. Anyway, I was told I would have to either pay $300 to the onsite photographer and pay for guest passes... or pay for 2 nights in the hotel. But frankly, these policies aren't exactly enforced. Probably because they are horrible policies and they are changing policies... 

                   

                  If you have any specific questions in the meantime, please feel free to PM me!



                  #1969 perry1217

                  perry1217
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 355 posts

                    Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:46 PM

                    Hey everyone!  So this is my first time actually writing on BDW (although I've begun to be an avid post-reader!) and I am strongly considering the Barcelo Maya for my January 2012 wedding. 

                     

                    I know I have a ton of time before I have to decide, but I have already talked to Wendy Hicks from Wright Travel Agency (sooo super helpful) and she has also suggested the Riu Palace Riviera Maya. Just wanted to get some opinions on what sealed the deal for you with the Barcelo! 

                     

                    We are definitely looking to have a wedding on the beach, that's a definite non-negotiable, and I haven't seen too many pics of beach weddings.  Am I just looking in the wrong places?  Any help would be so greatly appreciated.  Thanks girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                    Playacar Palace Bride - January 6, 2012!!!!

                    #1970 Clean122

                    Clean122
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 118 posts

                      Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:47 PM



                      Originally Posted by perry1217 

                      Hey everyone!  So this is my first time actually writing on BDW (although I've begun to be an avid post-reader!) and I am strongly considering the Barcelo Maya for my January 2012 wedding. 

                       

                      I know I have a ton of time before I have to decide, but I have already talked to Wendy Hicks from Wright Travel Agency (sooo super helpful) and she has also suggested the Riu Palace Riviera Maya. Just wanted to get some opinions on what sealed the deal for you with the Barcelo! 

                       

                      We are definitely looking to have a wedding on the beach, that's a definite non-negotiable, and I haven't seen too many pics of beach weddings.  Am I just looking in the wrong places?  Any help would be so greatly appreciated.  Thanks girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                      Welcome!

                       

                      I had the Barcelo and Riu both picked out for my final two hotels. The main reason why I went with the Barcelo was that the price for the hotel stay was a bit cheaper for my guests. I had stayed in the Riu in Aruba and it was wonderful, however a friend I know just got married at Barcelo in May and I got to see her pictures and hear her first hand stoies about the wedding. She said the wedding cordinators were awesome and everything went very smooth, plus her pictures were AMAZING.

                      It just came down to the fact that I felt better knowing someone who got married there and that it had everything I wanted for my wedding (beachside ceremony, the grass and rocks plus white sand for pictures etc).

                       

                      I would read up on some wedding reviews for sure before you make your decission. Only thing bad I can say so far with the barcelo is that their wedding package prices are a bit high compared to Riu. Also for having 21rooms booked with them im getting NOTHING for free which is silly IMO for brining that much business to them. Oh wells.

                       

                      Congrats on your wedding though, I hope it all works out for you! :)
                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users