Jump to content

Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4889 replies to this topic

#1881 pina13

pina13
  • Newbie
  • 30 posts

    Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:48 PM

    im thinking we will go that route as well...

    banquet hall



    #1882 michelle2011

    michelle2011
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,301 posts

      Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:56 PM

      I'm still waiting to hear back from Victoria with the 2011 package prices!!! She is taking forever to reply.....



      #1883 luzagodom

      luzagodom
      • Banned
      • 3 posts

        Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:26 PM

        I think your wedding must be gorgeous...congratulation!

         

        Formal Prom Dress
        Wedding Ideas
        Cheap Wedding Dress



        #1884 breens

        breens
        • Newbie
        • 107 posts

          Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:26 AM

          We were married there February 19th of this year.  I do believe they said it was colder than usual for them, but that the temperatures do drop to 60/70's at night there normally during that time.  There are weather websites that give you averages and the last few years on certain dates and times of year if you want to see what you can expect during your wedding (weather permitting :) ) But, we did have an open air grill and at first I was worried because it felt a lil windy for our first course, but honestly, after that it started to warm up and the wind died down or we all just didn't notice it anymore.  We had a lot of dancing (3 hours worth) and the fresh air was really nice.  Also, being at the open air grill, a few friends took short quiet strolls with loved ones for 10/15 minutes since we were near the beach.  We had also wanted to do the sand and beach for reception, but when we were there, we walked out to the beach at night, the wind was fine, it was the cold sand that I worried about.  I worried for cold feet, more than anything.  Hope this helps!



          #1885 mexico_2011

          mexico_2011
          • Newbie
          • 82 posts

            Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:14 AM



            Originally Posted by michelle2011 

            I'm still waiting to hear back from Victoria with the 2011 package prices!!! She is taking forever to reply.....



            Oh I never even thought of the packages changing for next year! I figured since I booked my package already it would stay the same.  Does the price change for people who have already booked?  I wonder if the stuff that is included in the packages will change as well ??  Michelle, can you let us know the packages once you receive them please?

             

            Thanks,

            Melanie



            #1886 Meggers7484

            Meggers7484
            • Jr. Member
            • 315 posts

              Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:02 AM

              Hi ladies!! I'm getting married in April 2011 at the Barcelo and last week Gabriela sent me the 2010 package list so I'm assuming either the prices will not be changing for '11 or they don't know yet. Either way since these are the prices she gave me, these are the prices I'm paying!

               

              I hope that helps!!



              #1887 BethBride1

              BethBride1
              • Newbie
              • 106 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 1, 2010
              • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace

              Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:46 AM

              Ohhh.... please be careful with the spa. They were my bigggest regret....the whole experience was a nightmare.  The other bride in there was definately not pleased with her appointments either bc she was yelling at the guy. I made my appointments through email & when we got there I called to verify & they said they didnt have them. It was a whole big to do. Thankfully I had brought my emails. My WC said this was happening a lot the past few months bc there was someone new making the appts. On top of it all. I hated my hair. It wasn't terrible I guess, it just isn't what I wanted & it didnt stand out at all. I am so mad at myself for not hiring outside...and I'm reminded of it everytime I look at a picture.

               

              Originally Posted by buehler.allison 

              The Barcelo spa sent me a list of their current prices... I'm attaching the list here in case anyone else needs it!



               



              #1888 buehler.allison

              buehler.allison
              • Newbie
              • 99 posts

                Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:56 PM

                Thanks for the heads up! I think I saw your comments before about headaches with the spa, so I contacted Adrian Guerra who is a local makeup artist that other brides on the forum have raved about.  He and a partner of his are going to do my hair and makeup. Feeling better about this choice after your comments. 

                 

                I was looking for the prices because my bridesmaids thought they would get their hair done at the spa. But it looks like Adrian offers better prices anyway. AND he has been super easy to communicate with, so I think it'll be easy if any of the girls want changes. And he's coming to the room which should be nice and convenient. 

                 

                August 7th is our date - and we leave Monday night!! Sad I'll be missing the season finale of the bachelorette but cannot WAIT to be at the Barcelo!!!!

                 

                Originally Posted by BethBride1 View Post

                Ohhh.... please be careful with the spa. They were my bigggest regret....the whole experience was a nightmare.  The other bride in there was definately not pleased with her appointments either bc she was yelling at the guy. I made my appointments through email & when we got there I called to verify & they said they didnt have them. It was a whole big to do. Thankfully I had brought my emails. My WC said this was happening a lot the past few months bc there was someone new making the appts. On top of it all. I hated my hair. It wasn't terrible I guess, it just isn't what I wanted & it didnt stand out at all. I am so mad at myself for not hiring outside...and I'm reminded of it everytime I look at a picture.

                 



                 





                #1889 ashfrylund

                ashfrylund
                • Newbie
                • 22 posts

                  Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:50 PM


                  do you have adrian's contact info?
                   

                  Originally Posted by buehler.allison 

                  Thanks for the heads up! I think I saw your comments before about headaches with the spa, so I contacted Adrian Guerra who is a local makeup artist that other brides on the forum have raved about.  He and a partner of his are going to do my hair and makeup. Feeling better about this choice after your comments. 

                   

                  I was looking for the prices because my bridesmaids thought they would get their hair done at the spa. But it looks like Adrian offers better prices anyway. AND he has been super easy to communicate with, so I think it'll be easy if any of the girls want changes. And he's coming to the room which should be nice and convenient. 

                   

                  August 7th is our date - and we leave Monday night!! Sad I'll be missing the season finale of the bachelorette but cannot WAIT to be at the Barcelo!!!!

                   


                   




                  #1890 staceychris17

                  staceychris17
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 196 posts

                    Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:15 AM

                    Hi ladies,

                     

                    We are back from our wedding on the 17th. Our wedding was unbelievably romantic and out of control fun and dancing at the reception

                    Any questions feel free to ask me. My advice is do not stress over the small things. Keep your details, gifts, favors simple. We did and spent more money on better quality items that our guests absolutely loved!! Another surprising thing, well it sure shocked me, Ms. Organized, we had planned on having our ceremony and reception at Coral Beach.  It looked beautiful in pictures, but when we go there, we were disappointed. Gabriella allowed us to change our minds. We ended up switching our ceremony to Playa Azul (highly recommend) and our reception was at the open air grill restaurant there. It was too windy to have the reception outside. I was nervous about the ceremony not being private, but the hotel has workers standing on each side of the reception and they stopped any uninvited guests from getting too close or ruining pictures. I am so happy we had the reception in the open air grill.  I highly recommend having a DJ and renting a dance floor...oh yes and ADD the extra hour for your reception!!!!

                     

                    Ask me questions:)


                    ~Stacey




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users