Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4889 replies to this topic

#131 Maegan606

Maegan606
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:27 PM

Is this thread strictly for palace brides, or are we now using it for all barcelo brides? I just booked my wedding today, on the colonial/tropical side, so i'm just wondering! thanks =)
    ~Maegan

#132 harv0136

harv0136
    • 137 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:02 PM

Thanks for the info sunshinekc08. That is a good idea to stay at the Colonial/Tropical and then upgrade to the palace for your wedding and rest of stay. Did you feel there was a big difference between the two hotels? Do you have different options for your wedding ceremony and dinner if you stay at the Palace. I think I want my ceremony on the beach and my dinner in one of the outdoor grills. I'd love to see pictures and hear more. Thanks!

#133 sunshinekc08

sunshinekc08
      • 92 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:21 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Maegan606
        Is this thread strictly for palace brides, or are we now using it for all barcelo brides? I just booked my wedding today, on the colonial/tropical side, so i'm just wondering! thanks =)
        It doen't matter what side you stay on .... all the wedding packages are the same. The ONLY exception is you can not use the Palace Gazeebo for your ceremony unless you are staying at the Palace your wedding night.

#134 sunshinekc08

sunshinekc08
        • 92 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:22 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by harv0136
          Thanks for the info sunshinekc08. That is a good idea to stay at the Colonial/Tropical and then upgrade to the palace for your wedding and rest of stay. Did you feel there was a big difference between the two hotels? Do you have different options for your wedding ceremony and dinner if you stay at the Palace. I think I want my ceremony on the beach and my dinner in one of the outdoor grills. I'd love to see pictures and hear more. Thanks!
          I thought the biggest difference was Palace (unlimited a la carts, top shelf licquor). Other than that they are pretty much the same!

#135 beachhappy

beachhappy
          • 97 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:55 PM

We are still trying to decide on a wedding package. We are staying on the Palace side the entire time we are there. Since we are staying on the Palace side would national drinks still be served during dinner if we went with the "under the stars" or "ocean scents"? Do you happen to know what the "VIP status and distinguishing wristband" are in the "ocean scents" package?

#136 sunshinekc08

sunshinekc08
            • 92 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:40 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by beachhappy
              We are still trying to decide on a wedding package. We are staying on the Palace side the entire time we are there. Since we are staying on the Palace side would national drinks still be served during dinner if we went with the "under the stars" or "ocean scents"? Do you happen to know what the "VIP status and distinguishing wristband" are in the "ocean scents" package?
              Are most of your guests staying on the Palace side too? If yes, than you will most likely get top shelf booze, if no, than only the guest with Palace wristbands will.

The VIP wristband are only for you and your husband & you just get unlimited a la cartes and top shelf booze, but since you are already stayng at the Palace, you get that anyway, so I would go with the Under the Stars if that is your only deciding factor.

#137 sunshinekc08

sunshinekc08
              • 92 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:43 PM

FYI: You don't have to choose or pay for your wedding package until you meet with your wedding coordinator when you get there.

#138 Sandra&Mario

Sandra&Mario
                • 336 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:56 AM

Mario and I thought we finally found the place when we stumbled upon Barcelo Maya. The reviews and the pictures we found were amazing! The accommodations and amenities offered are just what we wanted...

THEN IT HAPPENED!!!! We saw that they do not allow outside photographers! WHAT IS THAT?! I read through this thread and saw that some had used their photographer as well as the in-house photographer. Do they allow outside photographers if you still use the in-house? What is the smallest package offered by the in-house. We're already planning on flying our guy out and putting him up for the trip just so he can do our wedding.... This extra cost is unexpected, but we'll pay it IF they still let us use our guy....

thanks...

#139 sunshinekc08

sunshinekc08
                  • 92 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Sandra&Mario
                    Mario and I thought we finally found the place when we stumbled upon Barcelo Maya. The reviews and the pictures we found were amazing! The accommodations and amenities offered are just what we wanted...

THEN IT HAPPENED!!!! We saw that they do not allow outside photographers! WHAT IS THAT?! I read through this thread and saw that some had used their photographer as well as the in-house photographer. Do they allow outside photographers if you still use the in-house? What is the smallest package offered by the in-house. We're already planning on flying our guy out and putting him up for the trip just so he can do our wedding.... This extra cost is unexpected, but we'll pay it IF they still let us use our guy....

thanks...
                    The no outside vendor thing is an OLD policy.... You CAN bring in anyone you want!!!!!!

#140 SoontobeMHeikkinen

SoontobeMHeikkinen
                    • 42 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:41 PM

If you would like to use any outside vendors you must first get them approved by the wedding coordinator. You will have to purchase a day pass for each person that comes on property, I believe it's $100-125.

We are using del Sol Photography. and two photographers come in our package with them so we will have to purchase two day passes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users