#1321 amynjoe

amynjoe
  • 178 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 25, 2010
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace, Riviera Maya

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyB
Well, I would just like to clear the air now, and state you looked beautiful. :-)
Thanks Tammy!
I'm seriously considering going to Cabo when you are there to re-do our trash the dress session in warmer weather!

#1322 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:39 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amynjoe
    Thanks Tammy!
    I'm seriously considering going to Cabo when you are there to re-do our trash the dress session in warmer weather!
    Not that I would complain to hang out with you and Joe again and of course there are several spots in cabo that would be awesome to shoot a TTD session at, but OMG your TTD photos are AMAZING, well for the ones I peaked at so far. :-) I can't wait to get to those photos to edit, still have a ways to go though.

#1323 varsitygolf

varsitygolf
    • 17 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:55 AM

Hi!
      Does anyone know if their is a lesser per person charge for anyone under 18 as far as the packages go? I am looking at the strawberry package and it is $66 for every person over the first 15 people......and 8 of the people in my party are under 18.....so I was hoping they dont charge the full $66 for each of them.

Thanks!
      Ashley
      May 28, 2010
      Riviera Maya, Mexico

#1324 michelle2011

michelle2011
      • 1,301 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:40 AM

Very good question Ashley! We have 6 under 18's coming with us....

#1325 ashleybailey18

ashleybailey18
        • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:26 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by varsitygolf View Post
          Hi!
          Does anyone know if their is a lesser per person charge for anyone under 18 as far as the packages go? I am looking at the strawberry package and it is $66 for every person over the first 15 people......and 8 of the people in my party are under 18.....so I was hoping they dont charge the full $66 for each of them.

Thanks!
          Ashley
          From my understanding if they choose to eat off the kids menu which is chicken fingers and fries, they do not get charged the extra rate.

#1326 FutureMrsG

FutureMrsG
          • 23 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:00 AM

Hi Everyone,

Although I have been reading this thread for months, this is my first time posting on it :-) I am getting married at Barcello January 7th 2011 and I'm really excited about it!

I plan to have a DJ at the reception. Did anyone hear anything about the DJ that you get through Barcello? Does anyone have other suggestions for a DJ? What is everyone planning to do for music during dinner? I am doing a catholic ceremony and I think a musician comes with my Strawberry Package. Any suggestions as far as that goes?

Thanks everyone!

#1327 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
            • Banned
            • 1,034 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:58 AM

I think u can hire an external DJ if u pay the extra vendor fee, or u can have the one on their approved list. On average, they charge $200-$400 per hour.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1328 bride2b10

bride2b10
              • 320 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:06 AM

Where did you get that information regarding DJ? I've never heard of the $200-$400 per hour? I don't believe the hotel even has a preferred DJ Vendor...
                http://tickers.Ticke....6cca/event.png

21 Booked + Bride & Groom!!!

#1329 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:20 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by FutureMrsG
                  Hi Everyone,

Although I have been reading this thread for months, this is my first time posting on it :-) I am getting married at Barcello January 7th 2011 and I'm really excited about it!

I plan to have a DJ at the reception. Did anyone hear anything about the DJ that you get through Barcello? Does anyone have other suggestions for a DJ? What is everyone planning to do for music during dinner? I am doing a catholic ceremony and I think a musician comes with my Strawberry Package. Any suggestions as far as that goes?

Thanks everyone!

Welcome, as I' am sure you noticed, this thread and many others one the forum will really come in handy for your planning.

#1330 FutureMrsG

FutureMrsG
                  • 23 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:25 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by bride2b10
                    Where did you get that information regarding DJ? I've never heard of the $200-$400 per hour? I don't believe the hotel even has a preferred DJ Vendor...
                    According to the 2010 Wedding Package PDF under the "Entertainment" section its says that a DJ with full sound & light, 50 pax (whatever that means) is $580 for 2 hours. That's what I'm referring to as Barcelo's DJ. I think I got the PDF from one of the coordinators when I originally inquired about the wedding. You can also get the pdf under the weddings section of the unofficial Barcelo Maya website: Weddings | UNOFFICIAL BARCELO MAYA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users