Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4884 replies to this topic

#1241 Christabella

• 29 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by elisha0607 View Post
    Can I ask what photographer you are using? and if their packages are reasonable?
    Hi Elisha

I am using Playa Weddings (Playa Weddings - Video and Photography in Playa del Carmen and the Riviera Maya). I felt their packages were quite reasonable. They were only a couple hundred more than the resort photographer and I get the negatives of my pictures which was important for me. They have been quick in resonding and seem very nice. They offer videography as well.
    Let me know if you decide to use them!

#1242 Sandra&Mario

• 336 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:03 PM

Hi Barcelo Ladies! ow fantastic it would be if you'd check out our AHR photographer's blog and choose our photo as #1...just post a comment choosing our shot and why...please include your name or email as well...here is the link...thanks everyone!!! (our pic is the first one!)

Kay English Photography: Favorite wedding photo of 2009 contest!!!!

#1243 prettypigpig

• Banned
      • 1,034 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:51 PM

Mrs C to Be, I am on the same boat here. I sent an email 1 month ago, got a reply like 1 week later. and since then...no reply..nothing from the Barcelo Wedding department.

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1244 yesther

• 65 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:22 PM

Kind of a random question, but what are your mother's wearing? I wanted to buy my Mom her dress as a gift, and trying to find one for a destination wedding is harder than I thought!

#1245 Princess V

Princess V
          • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:16 PM

I am so grateful I found this forum...you Ladies are great!!! Spent the last few days going over the 124 pages of posts...lots of great information, thanks
            I am getting married at the Palace on June 10, 2010 @ 5pm...can't wait!!!

#1246 ashleybailey18

• 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Christabella
              Hi Elisha,
              I am hiring a local photographer and have rented a room for them. They told me they have done this at the Barcelo one other time and it worked out. I am praying it goes well for me. I really want these photos to work out!
              I have hired an outside photographer as well. Now am looking into booking a room for her. I am, along with all of my other guests, are all staying at the Palace. Do you think I need to book her a room at the palace as well or i can book her into the less expensive hotel, the beach/caribe? Anybody have any thoughts to this? Also, I havent heard from my Wedding coordinator for over a month now, anybody else hear from theirs yet?

#1247 laura4ever

• 89 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:46 AM

I debated on where to book my photographer as well, but decided the Palace. We decided for a little more money for him not to have to travel back and forth on the train he would probably be around to take more pictures...maybe not, but went back and forth on this one, but just felt better about it.

#1248 prettypigpig

• Banned
                • 1,034 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:05 AM

I am very confused of the hotel's policy on external photographer. Some brides said we need to pay $300, some said just book a room for 1 or 2 nights.

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1249 michelle2011

• 1,301 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:20 AM

Hi ya

I had an email this week from Victoria it came from email address Bodas@barcelomaya.com. I replied and she came back to me on the same address so maybe its her direct email??

Dont know if this helps any of you trying to contact the hotel. I emailed Gabriela on weddings1@barcelomaya.com back in January but had no reply from this email!

#1250 breens

• 107 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:48 PM

I worked with Victoria for our wedding just last week and she was awesome. I didn't receive emails back for about a week each time, the 6 weeks before the wedding...It was hard, but patience was key. Even when we arrived I felt like I didn't have certain questions answered, but in the end it was all okay! Let me know if you have any questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users