Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4889 replies to this topic

#1001 bride2b10

bride2b10
  • 320 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:53 PM

For dinner - do you have to pick a salad, soup, entree and main dish? Or can you have 2 salads?
    http://tickers.Ticke....6cca/event.png

21 Booked + Bride & Groom!!!

#1002 BethBride1

BethBride1
    • 106 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 1, 2010
    • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:55 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sfrench0621
    Thanks for posting the photos BethBride! Can't wait to go for my site visit in January! Question about the food tasting- did you have to pay extra for that?
    No, it didn't cost extra. We were in contact with the WC before we went down and let her know we wanted to do a tasting.

#1003 BethBride1

BethBride1
    • 106 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:56 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DDBentley15
    Are there no doors for the bathrooms in the palace? Like for the showers? Not that I care but we have lots of friends staying with other friends, etc. I don't want it to be too awkward for anyone.
    No, it didn't cost extra. We were in contact with the WC before we went down and let her know we wanted to do a tasting.

#1004 BethBride1

BethBride1
    • 106 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:57 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by buehler.allison
    Thank you for posting the photographs bethbride! Where are you planning to have your reception dinner?
    We are having our reception on the beach outside of the Tropical. We are expecting about 50 guests and are getting a dance floor...so even though we are staying at the Palace, Coral Beach would be a bit tight for us.

#1005 BethBride1

BethBride1
    • 106 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:04 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by t&kJanuary2010
    Beth,

OMG thank you so much for sharing your pictures!! I have a few questions:

1. what time are the shows at night?
    2. Do you have any pictures of any grills?
    I just looked up the showtimes ( I still have my activity pamplet from when I was down there), the shows started at 9:30. I don't know if they change them according to the time of year?
    I don't have any pictures of the grill. Sorry!

#1006 BethBride1

BethBride1
    • 106 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:08 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DDBentley15
    Are there no doors for the bathrooms in the palace? Like for the showers? Not that I care but we have lots of friends staying with other friends, etc. I don't want it to be too awkward for anyone.
    There are sliding doors for the entire bathroom. The showers don't have a separate door. i.e. if someone is at the sink, there is nothing separating them from the person in the shower. There is a separate door to the toilet though.

#1007 fall2010bride

fall2010bride
    • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:47 PM

November 6, 2010 is on hold for our wedding - yay! :) We are going down there for another wedding next month, and we're going to meet with Xhail. Any suggestions/tips for my meeting with her, since we're still 11 months out? Also, does anyone have 2010 questions that they want me to ask while I'm there? We will probably take another trip as the wedding gets closer, but I would love to get a lot of the details out of the way and at least see all that the resort has to offer... I can't wait for our visit!!

#1008 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
      • 546 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:57 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by fall2010bride
        November 6, 2010 is on hold for our wedding - yay! :) We are going down there for another wedding next month, and we're going to meet with Xhail. Any suggestions/tips for my meeting with her, since we're still 11 months out? Also, does anyone have 2010 questions that they want me to ask while I'm there? We will probably take another trip as the wedding gets closer, but I would love to get a lot of the details out of the way and at least see all that the resort has to offer... I can't wait for our visit!!
        OOH girl! Take as many pics as you can for us! That would be so helpful!

#1009 bride2b10

bride2b10
        • 320 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:57 PM

I'm actually going there next weekend so I will try to take as many pictures as possible also.

Beth - When you were there in July, how was the weather in the evenings? Was it really hot or does it cool down a bit?
          http://tickers.Ticke....6cca/event.png

21 Booked + Bride & Groom!!!

#1010 meaghansweeney

meaghansweeney
          • 4 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:12 PM

Hi ladies,

Just wondering if anyone knows how the colour choice for the ribbon on the chairs (for an outside ceremony) work? I've seen numerous pictures where the ribbon matches the bridesmaid dresses. Just wondering if the WC needs to know the colour before you go or is that decided when you arrive? Just wondering :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users