@@SammyMac - If you are planning on having some pics taken with your fiance before the wedding (first look) then it should be enough time?? That will be about an hour before and 90 min after. I guess it depends on how many guests will be there and what kind of pictures you are looking for.  I've put the thoughts out to my photographer to see what she thinks but i'm still waiting to hear back.

The reason we went with Playa Azul location is because it had this beautiful pristine beach area, and was far away from the action of the resort. I figured the wedding guests would be okay in the sun for a 30 min ceremony, although I did mull over the lack of shade issue. But since it will also be at 5:00pm, it shouldn't be too bad. We are having a legal ceremony, but we are also having a Shaman attend in full ceremonial dress/costume as well, so he would attract quite a few onlookers in a more populated area  of the resort!! :)  

Well THAT was weird! I just heard back from my photographer about a minute after I posted above! I wrote her a week ago! haha

Anyhow she says that 90 min should be plently of time for photos after the ceremony if we also take them before the ceremony, so I will keep my times as-is for now.  I agree that 2-1/2 hours total is enough posing :) We also only have 20 people max coming so there aren't a ton of guests photos to take.

I've also finished all of my planning with my WC!! Yay! Nothing else left to do now except the spa bookings a month in advance. If anyone is hoping to check out the dinner menu options, cocktail menu, bouquets, centerpeices, cakes, huppas, etc I have all the documents and can sent them along to your email if you'd like a peek! :) 

• Like 3

@@TaraW - congrats on finishing your planning! I'm not very decisive and am struggling. Just picked out the menu though so yay! haha and I booked Best Moments for my bridesmaids and myself. 

Playa Azul will be amazing and you make a good point about it only being 30 mins. 

Do you think you could email me the pictures of the bouquets, centerpieces, huppas and stuff? My email is samanthamarymaclean@@gmail.com

I've been doing a lot of thinking about doing first looks! I keep reading really good things about it. 

Wow @@TaraW thats so exciting!! I'm stlll struggling to decide on what 4 violin songs to choose for the ceremony lol. I better get moving. Can you email me the bouquet, centerpiece and cake documents please?! I'd love to get a headstart on that part! My email is cari.brittany@@gmail.com

Thank you so much!!

Hi @@TaraW , Wow that is awesome you are done all the planning steps! I feel like I have a lot left to do and I'm just a few months away!

We are also doing our ceremony at playa azul it looks just beautiful there.

I would also love some of those documents if you don't mind, for the cocktail menu, flowers, centerpieces, and live music choices if you have? Thanks!

kimberlydiana@hotmail.com

@@SammyMac - If you are planning on having some pics taken with your fiance before the wedding (first look) then it should be enough time?? That will be about an hour before and 90 min after. I guess it depends on how many guests will be there and what kind of pictures you are looking for.  I've put the thoughts out to my photographer to see what she thinks but i'm still waiting to hear back.

The reason we went with Playa Azul location is because it had this beautiful pristine beach area, and was far away from the action of the resort. I figured the wedding guests would be okay in the sun for a 30 min ceremony, although I did mull over the lack of shade issue. But since it will also be at 5:00pm, it shouldn't be too bad. We are having a legal ceremony, but we are also having a Shaman attend in full ceremonial dress/costume as well, so he would attract quite a few onlookers in a more populated area  of the resort!! :)  Well THAT was weird! I just heard back from my photographer about a minute after I posted above! I wrote her a week ago! haha

Anyhow she says that 90 min should be plently of time for photos after the ceremony if we also take them before the ceremony, so I will keep my times as-is for now.  I agree that 2-1/2 hours total is enough posing :) We also only have 20 people max coming so there aren't a ton of guests photos to take.

I've also finished all of my planning with my WC!! Yay! Nothing else left to do now except the spa bookings a month in advance. If anyone is hoping to check out the dinner menu options, cocktail menu, bouquets, centerpeices, cakes, huppas, etc I have all the documents and can sent them along to your email if you'd like a peek! :)

@@SammyMac @@Bcari16 @kimmyd2  No problem ladies! I'm not home until Friday mornng (everything is saved on my desktop) so I'll forward it on to you then.

I was also considering Best Moments for my makeup but then I got worried with the most recent review I found (June) of a bride she apparently left high and dry! Yikes!  That scared me a bit!  I'm still considering her though because a better value than the company I currently have booked, but we will see ....

• Like 1

@@Stephanie2015

Thanks Stephanie! I do want to invest in the airbrush makeup though so that it will last through the day and evening, and my daughter/maid of honour is going to enjoy the spa makeup that is included so it won't go to waste! I'm in my 40's and don't have my 20 year old skin any longer, so I need all the help I can get :) Especially with all the money we are spending on photography, I don't mind spending a bit more to have a vendor come in. I've heard mixed reviews about the spa so I'm super happy it all worked out for you! :)

• Like 1

Hi! @@Stephanie2015 do you remember how long your hair and make up took at the spa?

What type of make up did they use? Did you just tell them what you wanted or bring pictures?

Also is there other things at the spa for the bridal party to hang out like hottub or anything??

Or does anyone else have tips on the spa ?

Thanks !

Go with the salon for your make-up!! They did such a good job with mine :) I highly recommend them. Don't waste your money on bringing someone else off property in...