Sent!  :)

THANK YOU!!!

Hi,

Originally they said it'll be $150 external vendor charge for Styling Trio, and $500 for the wedding photographer, but they didn't charge me anything. I think they forgot about $150 for the makeup/hair, and as for the photographer, I have rented them a room the night of the wedding at the Beach resort, and they were guests at my wedding, so no $500 fee paid, as I introduced them as my friends and included them in my guest count. Hope this helps.

IrenaPatrick,

who did you hire for Photos?

THANK YOU!!!

IrenaPatrick,

who did you hire for Photos?

Hi, We've hired Jaime Glez. Him and his wife work as a team, and are amazing! I can't describe how happy I am with my decision! their prices are very reasonable, for the quality and the amount of time they provide! check out their website http://www.jaimeglez.com/

IrinaPatrick,

I

I am using maritime travel out of Langley. The lady we have directly deals with the resort. Our ceremony location and reception location are held for us. When is your wedding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our wedding was on 31 January 2014.

Hi Everyone!

I have been following this thread for a while now! My Wedding date is Nov. 6, 2014. At 4pm ceremony will be at the gazebo. Were so excited to be staying at the Barceló Maya Palace. I have nothing but wonderful things about this resort. We will have about 30-3 people attending. So we decided to go with the Mint Breeze package. Can someone please send me the packages and any extras they have just in case there's something I've missed. Also the menu options as well. Does anyone know if I could do my wedding rehearsal the night before on the beach kind of like a little Bonfire thing Lol. Thank you in advance!

Looking for some Barcelo Maya wedding day inspiration? We live here in sunny Cancun and just posted photos from a recent wedding we shot at this gorgeous resort. Click here to view the full album and to see more samples of our work!

DSC_2720-8copy.jpg

DSC_5380-378copy.jpg

DSC_5497-450copy.jpg

DSC_3390-338copy.jpg

DSC_5849-660copy.jpg

DSC_5891-685copy.jpg

HEY :)

I looked up youtube videos on how to choose a location. While my wedding is not until Oct 29th, the location and reception area was the FIRST thing I put on hold.  I asked for the coral beach because there is nobody actually behind to swim into your photos. I have heard the palmeras beach is the main beach at the Tropical (the hotel we are staying at), but they do a good job keeping everyone away from the wedding area during (from what ive read). And then there is Playa Azul, is the furthest by the Maya Caribe, which apparently is GORGEOUS, but kind of an ordeal to get your guests over there.

check out youtube for Barceló Maya Tropical beach wedding, that gives you the basis of what the wedding will look like. I think I watched a girl named "lauren" her video was good on getting an overall feel! I have a feeling privacy is not something that exists in mexico for beach weddings... but honestly who cares!? You chose Mexico, which is already a non-traditional choice, so really, whats a couple extra people watching gonna do? :) And to be honest, I think you will only see your husband to be and your family/guests.

I am pretty sure I have read that someone had their wedding planner running around getting people out of the way :P

Where are you having your reception? I chose Palmeras Beach. Ive been concerned about wind, ... ill be excited to read your review when you come back :) I have a huge booklet of info for location if you want it. just PM me your email and I can send it to you :)

NurseNurse0101,

so we just booked a trip down to check out the resort! we leave March 31st for a week. I will take pitcures of the weddign and reception locations for this thread. I believe we are getting married and having our reception at the same locations. So il get pics of these and maybe even when they are set up for weddings!!

@@NurseNurse0101

Hi im just starting to plan my wedding january 2015 and i was looking at the Strawberry passion package, as i love the beach wedding reception pictures! Do you know how much each extra person is for that package? Im expecting about 30ppl as well, but the package is only for 15?

Thanks!

@@CaseyH

Just wondering if you know what the cost was for extra people on the Strawberry package? Also did they cahrge you for using their speakers to plug your ipod in?

Any info would be much appreciated!

@@aborgesbride

Hey :) The package extra per person for strawberry is 66$.  I know its a lot but if you can cut out things like dance floor then I think its totally worth it.  Our final payment deadline is March 15... we have so far 35 people coming , and then possibly 4 more with other flights etc. so now we are almost at 40! (way more than I expected). SO, now the dance floor is out for sure and we are keeping decorations very very simple. Which is totally ok by me. :)

We just bought a house too, so all this stuff is adding up. With $3800 for the 15 people for strawberry, and then having to pay for 25 more people at $66 each... our base rate right now is $5450... for JUST the wedding and reception. WHICH, we are adding on a couple hours to the reception. I am pretty sure its an extra $14 per person for the extra hour at the reception. I could be wrong though.

anyways, it is costly that's for sure. I will be interested to see if it ends up being cheaper than a wedding here at home LOL!!

@@aborgesbride

sorry one more thing. speaker with ipod hookup and mic comes with the strawberry package. its not extra, its included :)

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I'm getting married at the Barcelo Maya Palace deluxe on June 18th. Are there any other brides getting  married around the same time?? My wedding coordinatror is Victoria - anybody else has the same one??

@@NurseNurse0101

Ya it's crazy how all the extras add up! Thanks so much for the info! I know I'm expecting about 30 but who really knows til everyone books right. Awesome about the iPod hook up & speakers being included because that's a good way to save some cash!

• Like 1

What is everyone doing for bridesmaid gifts?! I need some ideas! I got them personalized tumblers and tank tops when I asked them to be in my wedding and I got my MOH a beach bag. Feel free to throw out some ideas:)