I copied both weddings3@barcelomaya.com & weddings2@barcelomaya.com on my original email and got a response that same day. I'm thinking somehow I just lucked out because it seems like it takes a few weeks for most people to hear back. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrosby View Post
Can you let me know the address you used and got through with? Thank you! Hoping to book for February. :)

I was married at the Barceló in February 2009 and in the early planning stages we too had troubles getting a hold of the wedding coordinators. I phoned and booked the wedding date that way and after that dealt with them through email! If you are having troubles and they are not calling back or emailing you back, I would suggest involving your travel agent. That's what we ended up doing and after that they were extremely helpful and got back to us on a timelier manner! Just a suggestion as they don't want to upset travel agents or they would never send anyone to their resorts! smile123.gif

just a thought -- I am emailing the barcelo from an @yahoo.com address -- any of you who are successfully getting responses sending from yahoo addresses? Maybe my emails are ending up in their spam filter?

I really cannot understand why I have not got an answer. Emailed 7/16 (weddings), 7.21 (weddings2, weddings3), and 7/29 (all 3 addresses). I know I should just call but I'm so annoyed right now I might just drop the Barcelo off my list, which is a shame, because it was my #1 choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finzup View Post
just a thought -- I am emailing the barcelo from an @yahoo.com address -- any of you who are successfully getting responses sending from yahoo addresses? Maybe my emails are ending up in their spam filter?
I really cannot understand why I have not got an answer. Emailed 7/16 (weddings), 7.21 (weddings2, weddings3), and 7/29 (all 3 addresses). I know I should just call but I'm so annoyed right now I might just drop the Barcelo off my list, which is a shame, because it was my #1 choice.
It's possible it could be the yahoo account. I have never had a problem getting a hold of a wedding coordinator. They take a few days to get back to me sometimes, maybe a week or just over, but they always have replied. I would try to call them and tell them you've emailed 3 times and see what they say. I'm sure they're not meaning to be ignoring you. They are all so sweet!

I used my gmail account when emailing them.

Quote:

Does anyone know how much a day pass for a guest who is staying at a different resort would cost for the day of the wedding?

Thanks!

Steph

Quote:
I'm sure it isn't intentional. I was told that Ana is gone for the next few weeks for vacation, so the other coordinators are also being stretched thin right now. Give it some time, and if all else fails, give them a call and let them know what's going on. The last thing that they want to do is lose business, so I'm sure they'd be more than accomodating.