Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi Heidilynn!

I can share some of what I have discovered through this whole planning process...although I am no expert as we haven't had our wedding yet!

 

Sashes and white table cloths are included, also, the coordinator sent me the list of colors like MrsNova said and then I asked "what about purple" and she messaged me back saying yes they had purple and sent me the picture of it, so just clarify clarify clarify and you will figure it out!

 

There is nothing arch-wise or huppa unless you pay a whole lot more, but there's always the option of the gazebo if that interests you, I chose the Barcelo almost solely based on their gazebo lol!

 

For centerpieces, there is a pdf they send you with their options and prices on it, they aren't too badly priced I guess but they do add up if you are trying to stick to a budget, and they do charge for all the orchids and calla lillies and such that you may want. Another option is to do like someone else on here did and rent their vases for $5 each and then bring your own fake orchids down with you to have them submerged. There are TONS of options for centrepieces if you don't want to pay their prices. If you give me your email I can forward you on the centrepieces thing they sent me.

 

Also for flowers they charge for corsages, bouquets, boutineers other than for the bride and groom (for the strawberry package anyways)

 

As for ipod or dj - we are going with ipod as most brides on here suggested that and its a big savings!

 

One other thing that I have heard is extra are the lights on the trees, $5 per string apparently.

 

Happy Planning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if they charge extra for the "surf and turf" meal? I asked Claudia, my WC, and she hasn't gotten back to me yet. We are going with the strawberry package and have 60 people coming so i hope it isn't extra!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by mrsnova View Post

 

I faced the same dilemma! Ended up going with the Mint Breeze package though because we will have about 50 people and can't afford it.

 

The chairs do come with sashes/bows (certain colors). Quoting from my WC "wedding package includes: chairs, white cover chairs, bows (white, cream, green, yellow, orange, blue, dark blue, hot pink, red and gold) tables and long table cloths". 

 

There is one centerpiece included in the package that is used at the ceremony and reception. 

 

The arch with flowers or huppa are extra (around $280 for arch, around $400 for huppa). I thought these prices were outrageous and have seen pictures of the ceremony without and it was still beautiful! And remember your backdrop is always the ocean if you are having a beach wedding :).

 

I am not going with a DJ and based on reading through this forum all of the brides that also went without didn't regret it and liked being able to choose their own music. They include the sound system with IPod hookup and mic. I have started making a playlist and found an app called wedding DJ that is awesome! It organizes all your songs by section, like "recessional, first dance, etc" and fades the music in and out. 

 

Go here to see all what is included in the packages http://www.barceloweddings.com/mexico/maya-beach-resort/coconut-paradise-wedding-package.html. Good luck with getting started on your planning! 

Thank you for the clarification MrsNova! I like the idea of having the iPod instead of a DJ, it just seems way to expensive!! I can't believe even a simple arch isn't included :( If anyone has photos of the ceremony without an arch i'd be interested to see, but like you said having the ocean in the background is pretty amazing.

 

My fiance and I will have to discuss the reception location, the number of RSVP's will probably be a decided factor. 

 

Thank you again! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by mrsnova View Post

 

I faced the same dilemma! Ended up going with the Mint Breeze package though because we will have about 50 people and can't afford it.

 

The chairs do come with sashes/bows (certain colors). Quoting from my WC "wedding package includes: chairs, white cover chairs, bows (white, cream, green, yellow, orange, blue, dark blue, hot pink, red and gold) tables and long table cloths". 

 

There is one centerpiece included in the package that is used at the ceremony and reception. 

 

The arch with flowers or huppa are extra (around $280 for arch, around $400 for huppa). I thought these prices were outrageous and have seen pictures of the ceremony without and it was still beautiful! And remember your backdrop is always the ocean if you are having a beach wedding :).

 

I am not going with a DJ and based on reading through this forum all of the brides that also went without didn't regret it and liked being able to choose their own music. They include the sound system with IPod hookup and mic. I have started making a playlist and found an app called wedding DJ that is awesome! It organizes all your songs by section, like "recessional, first dance, etc" and fades the music in and out. 

 

Go here to see all what is included in the packages http://www.barceloweddings.com/mexico/maya-beach-resort/coconut-paradise-wedding-package.html. Good luck with getting started on your planning! 

Thank you for the clarification MrsNova! I like the idea of having the iPod instead of a DJ, it just seems way to expensive!! I can't believe even a simple arch isn't included :( If anyone has photos of the ceremony without an arch i'd be interested to see, but like you said having the ocean in the background is pretty amazing.

 

My fiance and I will have to discuss the reception location, the number of RSVP's will probably be a decided factor. 

 

Thank you again! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by FireyNurse View Post

 

Hi Heidilynn!

I can share some of what I have discovered through this whole planning process...although I am no expert as we haven't had our wedding yet!

 

Sashes and white table cloths are included, also, the coordinator sent me the list of colors like MrsNova said and then I asked "what about purple" and she messaged me back saying yes they had purple and sent me the picture of it, so just clarify clarify clarify and you will figure it out!

 

There is nothing arch-wise or huppa unless you pay a whole lot more, but there's always the option of the gazebo if that interests you, I chose the Barcelo almost solely based on their gazebo lol!

 

For centerpieces, there is a pdf they send you with their options and prices on it, they aren't too badly priced I guess but they do add up if you are trying to stick to a budget, and they do charge for all the orchids and calla lillies and such that you may want. Another option is to do like someone else on here did and rent their vases for $5 each and then bring your own fake orchids down with you to have them submerged. There are TONS of options for centrepieces if you don't want to pay their prices. If you give me your email I can forward you on the centrepieces thing they sent me.

 

Also for flowers they charge for corsages, bouquets, boutineers other than for the bride and groom (for the strawberry package anyways)

 

As for ipod or dj - we are going with ipod as most brides on here suggested that and its a big savings!

 

One other thing that I have heard is extra are the lights on the trees, $5 per string apparently.

 

Happy Planning!

Thank you so much for all of the info! Soooo helpful! It's hard wrapping my brain around all the details, LOL

 

If you could send me the PDF for the centrepieces, as well as anything else you feel would be helpful that would be great! heidiandbradgethitched@gmail.com 

 

Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by mrsnova View Post

 

I faced the same dilemma! Ended up going with the Mint Breeze package though because we will have about 50 people and can't afford it.

 

The chairs do come with sashes/bows (certain colors). Quoting from my WC "wedding package includes: chairs, white cover chairs, bows (white, cream, green, yellow, orange, blue, dark blue, hot pink, red and gold) tables and long table cloths". 

 

There is one centerpiece included in the package that is used at the ceremony and reception. 

 

The arch with flowers or huppa are extra (around $280 for arch, around $400 for huppa). I thought these prices were outrageous and have seen pictures of the ceremony without and it was still beautiful! And remember your backdrop is always the ocean if you are having a beach wedding :).

 

I am not going with a DJ and based on reading through this forum all of the brides that also went without didn't regret it and liked being able to choose their own music. They include the sound system with IPod hookup and mic. I have started making a playlist and found an app called wedding DJ that is awesome! It organizes all your songs by section, like "recessional, first dance, etc" and fades the music in and out. 

 

Go here to see all what is included in the packages http://www.barceloweddings.com/mexico/maya-beach-resort/coconut-paradise-wedding-package.html. Good luck with getting started on your planning! 

 

Thank you for the clarification MrsNova! I like the idea of having the iPod instead of a DJ, it just seems way to expensive!! I can't believe even a simple arch isn't included :( If anyone has photos of the ceremony without an arch i'd be interested to see, but like you said having the ocean in the background is pretty amazing.

 

$66 per extra guest is quite a jump from the $27 for the mint breeze, although I really want the reception outside, we may have to consider our budget again when we start to receive RSVP.

 

Did you send save the dates? If so did you find a lot of people who mentioned they'd love to come, actually dropped off when it came down to putting a deposit?

 

Thanks again!

 

Thank you again! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is the $66 per person over 15 in the package but there is no difference in fees for any of the menu items they send you, we chose surf and turf!

Originally Posted by JordannaMarie View Post

Does anyone know if they charge extra for the "surf and turf" meal? I asked Claudia, my WC, and she hasn't gotten back to me yet. We are going with the strawberry package and have 60 people coming so i hope it isn't extra!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • 123weddingcards.com believes in offering soothing and elegant wedding invitations that are available in exquisite designs to complement the style of bride and groom on their wedding day. Our designer wedding cards are highly premium & come with attractive design. Laser Cut Invitations Foil Stamped Invitations Embossed Invitations Glitter Invitations Floral Invitations Peacock Invitations Box Invitations Paisley Invitations Our ultimate goal is to provide the best and impeccable high-quality designs to unite your love with eternal memories by using diverse printing options like embossing, flocking, raised silk screen printing, hot foil stamping, and laser cuttings, to give a new multifaceted look to wedding invitations.  
    • The amazing destination for couples Vietnam is a very beautiful destination for newlyweds. The country is very diverse in terms of culture, nature, city, ethnic ... So come to Vietnam, you will experience all that you like from rural, modern, luxurious with low cost. Newlywed couples are eager to have a wonderful honeymoon without a problem abroad. However, the visa will be a surprise factor that can ruin the trip at any time.  To make sure that everything is ok, please contact us at our company. HGTECH specializes in providing services related to visa, passports, emergency ID, booking air tickets, booking ... Please contact us for a free visa consultation. and related issues. HGTECH INTERNATIONAL TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT AND TRADING COMPANY
      Providing services related to the field of visa, passports, emergency CMT, booking air tickets, booking ...
      Head office: 39 An Trach 1, Dong Da Dist. Hanoi
      Hotline: 0989.496.239 - Mobile: 0243.7326.897
      Email: visa.vn55@gmail.com// info@hgtech.vn
      Website: http://www.visavietnamsupport.com/  
    • Hi I just want to tell you that you don't have to worry about any arrangement for your sister marriage. So many websites are available in the market whose helping you for choosing the beautiful flower arrangement for your sister marriage. You can go to some good websites and solve your problem regarding flower arrangement for your sister marriage.  My brother was getting marriage in last month, I was also facing this problem on that time. I have been searching so many websites that have helped me to getting  wedding arrangement. One of the websites was Asian Venue Guide which helped me for selecting a beautiful flower for reception hall as well as for stage also. I hope this helps you also 
    • look like Is really amazing cloth bag.I like it
    • Hi all, My younger sister is 5 months carrying. She is suffering from hearing loss now. She was perfectly alright before she got conceived. But once she got conceived her hearing ability started getting reduced. Is it quite common now? What would be the reason for hearing loss during the pregnancy period? After scanning the doctor said that the baby is underweight. Since she is suffering from severe vomiting, she is not eating any food. Hence she seems to be very weak. The doctor has prescribed a lot of medicines for her to stay healthy and to deliver a healthy baby. In the midst of all these she is also undergoing the treatment under a hearing aid audiologist in order to improve her hearing ability. Will she completely regain her hearing ability?
  • Topics

×