Jump to content

Recommended Posts

That's really good advice actually.  We were struggling with whether or not to do the welcome supper, but with the size of our group we thought it was necessary to ensure that we saw people sometime before the wedding.  We're trying not to book the whole week before we get there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have any advice on gift bags, and how to get them to everyone's rooms?  I don't mind delivering them myself but I don't know if I'll be able to.  I heard somewhere $3 per bag to deliver by the hotel, but Id rather not pay that if I don't have to.  Thx!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We made plans for a time to meet everyone for dinner at the buffet the first night and brought the bags with us, we got almost everyone, and the rest we saw at Breakfast.  We only had 31 people though, if you had 70 - it might be trickier!

 

I had wanted a welcome dinner, but my WC never got back to me.  The day of she asked if I still wanted the reservation at the french restaurant. She hadn't confirmed beforehand, so I didn't have a chance to tell people. Since I didn't think there was any way I'd find everyone (plus we had already made other dinner plans) I cancelled it.  There was no extra charge for 31 people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello ladies!  I am new to the forum so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.  Who or where should I contact to start gathering information such as package prices and available dates and such...?  Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Ladies!

 

I just posted my planning/post wedding thread, so I have more info and pictures about the ceremony and reception and such.  Might help to answer some more questions.

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/77705/avens-mayan-rivieria-planning-thread-12-01-12

 

 

 

My travel agent made the first contact with the resort for us.  Otherwise I think you could probably email them directly?

 

http://barceloweddings.com/

 

or weddings1@barcelomaya.com.
 

Originally Posted by Kristina610 View Post

Hello ladies!  I am new to the forum so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.  Who or where should I contact to start gathering information such as package prices and available dates and such...?  Any tips would be greatly appreciated!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used a travel agent as well, and she's been a HUGE help!!  I ended up going with Wendy Hicks of wright travel agency, the agency that's recommended on this site, as i figured they would have the most experience with dealing with destination weddings and planning!!  I would highly recommend her, and she will then guide you in each step of the planning, including contacting resorts for pricing.  I would have been lost without her! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are using Wendy as well and she has been very helpful.
 

Originally Posted by holls213 View Post

I used a travel agent as well, and she's been a HUGE help!!  I ended up going with Wendy Hicks of wright travel agency, the agency that's recommended on this site, as i figured they would have the most experience with dealing with destination weddings and planning!!  I would highly recommend her, and she will then guide you in each step of the planning, including contacting resorts for pricing.  I would have been lost without her! 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by AudEv2012 View Post

That's really good advice actually.  We were struggling with whether or not to do the welcome supper, but with the size of our group we thought it was necessary to ensure that we saw people sometime before the wedding.  We're trying not to book the whole week before we get there. 


If all of your guests are staying at the Palace you should have no problem seeing everyone before the wedding. If I could do it all over again the only thing i would change is taking a little more time to ourselves. We didn't sit down on a beach chair or a pool chair for 7 days. We were constantly walking around talking to everyone. We also never ate a meal alone because we would always run into someone we knew. I always say that it was the most fun, un-relaxing vacation I've ever had :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the pics, it looks beautiful. So just to clarify, there is only 1 string of lights per pole/tree, therefore 10-12 string of lights (because there is approx. 10-12 trees)? I just want to make sure!!

 

Thanks again, very much appreciated!

Alison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suck at this, I don't think my post went through! thank you for the info, just to clarify, there are 10-12 poles/trees and 1 string of lights on each pole/tree?

 

Thanks for you help and pics!!

Alison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi, my sister is getting married next year. She is very disappointed with the look of her tooth because they have a wide gap between her two front teeth. She always complains that parents have failed to correct this fault at the initial stage. Now, we don't have sufficient time to rectify the teeth because braces take at least two years for proper rectification. We have heard about 6 months braces from a friend of mine in Houston. Is this treatment effective? Is it possible to rectify the misaligned teeth in just six months? Please give some genuine replies and suggestions. Thanks in advance.
    • Hi,
      We are planning to celebrate our parents 25th wedding anniversary. We have been searching for a place to hold the party. Actually, we are planning to celebrate this as a wedding ceremony, as most of our families are there. We searched on the internet and found a place in Kingston. We are planning to book one of the resorts in Kingston to stay and celebrate our party. But, it's not been finalized yet. It's been a long time since we had met together and this could be a chance to increase our bond for love and togetherness.
      Folks, if you have any suggestions for the destinations, share your suggestions. After all, this is our parents second wedding ceremony and we must make it so grand. Hope you will share your ideas.Thanks in advance!
    • visit us on: https://www.etsy.com/ie/shop/DreamCutting
    • You forgot to mention BahaMar, very popular at the moment!! There is also some top resorts in the outer Islands of Exuma, Eleuthera, and Abaco.. Kamalame Cay in Andros is AMAZING!!
    • Hi I can help you, when is the wedding for?
  • Topics

×