Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The photogs were able to eat and drink because we paid for them as wedding guests which you will have to do as well unless you want them to leave the reception to go to the buffet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Brenners View Post

 

That is awful.  Did you use a TA or did you organize the travel arrangements on your own?

 

 

 

 

 

We booked through a TA but i requested the rooms myself via the WC at the Palace!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michelle the same thing happened to us! I have a brother with a mental disability that causes him to get lost very easily. I had asked repeatedly that all our guests be in the same area so that everyone could chip in to keep an eye on my brother. At the very least he needed to be near my mom. Well when we got there, not only were we in a crappy room in the wrong building with a view of a bush, but our guests were spread out all over the resort and they had lost the reservation for my mom!! I was furious!!!! I called and lost it on Grecia. She did her best to fix it but since the hotel was so booked up nearly all of my guests had to take rooms with 2 double beds instead of a king, how is that for romantic! We were staying for two weeks and though we qualified for a premium room upgrade, they would only give it to us for our second week, meaning we would have to switch rooms again on the wedding day. We had way too much stuff with us to move for a third time so we said screw it and stayed in the pool view room that Grecia had us moved to after I complained. Again, with the sheer amount of money/volume weddings bring to the resort, you think they would bend over backwards to accomodate them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you included them in your total guest numbers?
 

Originally Posted by Meggers7484 View Post

The photogs were able to eat and drink because we paid for them as wedding guests which you will have to do as well unless you want them to leave the reception to go to the buffet.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the spreadsheet we filled in there was a spot to fill in photog info, so I put them in there.

 

I'm so excited! We were lucky enough to have Del Sol do our TTD session, and they blogged our shoot! If anyone is interested in seeing the posting it's at http://delsolphotography.com/blog/post-986/Megan-Shawn-IN-LOVE-Playa-del-Carmen-Trash-the-dress-Photos-by-Sol-Tamargo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I LOVE Del Sol - I will have to check it out!
 

Originally Posted by Meggers7484 View Post

In the spreadsheet we filled in there was a spot to fill in photog info, so I put them in there.

 

I'm so excited! We were lucky enough to have Del Sol do our TTD session, and they blogged our shoot! If anyone is interested in seeing the posting it's at http://delsolphotography.com/blog/post-986/Megan-Shawn-IN-LOVE-Playa-del-Carmen-Trash-the-dress-Photos-by-Sol-Tamargo



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Meggers7484 View Post

 

Michelle the same thing happened to us! I have a brother with a mental disability that causes him to get lost very easily. I had asked repeatedly that all our guests be in the same area so that everyone could chip in to keep an eye on my brother. At the very least he needed to be near my mom. Well when we got there, not only were we in a crappy room in the wrong building with a view of a bush, but our guests were spread out all over the resort and they had lost the reservation for my mom!! I was furious!!!! I called and lost it on Grecia. She did her best to fix it but since the hotel was so booked up nearly all of my guests had to take rooms with 2 double beds instead of a king, how is that for romantic! We were staying for two weeks and though we qualified for a premium room upgrade, they would only give it to us for our second week, meaning we would have to switch rooms again on the wedding day. We had way too much stuff with us to move for a third time so we said screw it and stayed in the pool view room that Grecia had us moved to after I complained. Again, with the sheer amount of money/volume weddings bring to the resort, you think they would bend over backwards to accomodate them!

 

 

OMG that is terrible. They also offered us an ocean view upgrade on the wedding day for our second week but they said the room was the same as we were in so we didn't bother moving. Especially having 2 children with us to move around. I suppose they see it as they have 1000's of weddings and 'ours' is no more special than anyone else's. We see it much differently and it really upset the start of our holiday! The front desk supervisor was so rude to us! We didnt feel we were getting the treatment we deserved. Ok they have alot of weddings at the hotel but we and our friends and families like yours paid alot of money to stay there and i think also they should have been bending over backwards to please us! No such luck.

 

LOVE your TTD photos. Absolutely stunning!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thank you Megan for posting this here, I know the BDWF community appreciates your input and certainly values your experience.   We are so happy you are in love with you "AMAZING LOVE STORY"... wow!

 

Saludos amiga!

matt

Originally Posted by Meggers7484 View Post

In the spreadsheet we filled in there was a spot to fill in photog info, so I put them in there.

 

I'm so excited! We were lucky enough to have Del Sol do our TTD session, and they blogged our shoot! If anyone is interested in seeing the posting it's at http://delsolphotography.com/blog/post-986/Megan-Shawn-IN-LOVE-Playa-del-Carmen-Trash-the-dress-Photos-by-Sol-Tamargo



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×