Originally Posted by slandro06 View Post

We just book Ivan Luckie! Yay!! cheesy.gif

ohhh I booked him also! Hes been so fast at responding to emails and seems so genuinely nice!! What day is your wedding?

Does anyone know how you are going to pay the resort?  What is this I have heard about a foreign credit card fee if you pay with a credit card?  Also, I don't understand why some people are saying they had to pay the officiant in cash?  Isn't the officiant included in the wedding package?

Originally Posted by maniacib View Post

Does anyone know how you are going to pay the resort?  What is this I have heard about a foreign credit card fee if you pay with a credit card?  Also, I don't understand why some people are saying they had to pay the officiant in cash?  Isn't the officiant included in the wedding package?

I can answer part of this question :) The "foreign credit card fee" is basically a .08-1% transaction fee that VISA/Mastercard charges to your bank, and your bank passes along the fee to you. So if you were spending $3000, you'd get charged $30. It's basically a fee they charge to do the funds conversion for you. You could always ask if you can wire the funds, but chances are your bank will charge you a fee for that, too. The credit union I work at charges $35 for an international wire.

Not sure about the officiant situation, as my brother-in-law is going to do our ceremony (and save us the $300! Woo hoo!)

Originally Posted by maniacib View Post

From what I've read on the "unofficial barcelo maya" website, you pay for your wedding right after you meet with your WC and decide on any extras etc...As far as forms of payment they take VISA, MC, Amex, and Travelers cheques.

Extra fees for credit cards: Some CC's charge you an International Fee and it can be up to 3% of your total. This varies from credit card to credit card. You will also may not get the rate of that day, as it gets posted a few days later and it may have gone up...or down!

Cash for officiant: This is included in your package price, but you have to pay for the officiant separate and it has to be in cash. I.e. If you wedding package is $2000 and the officiant is $300 then you pay the balance - $1700- to the resort and give the officiant his money the day of the wedding.

You will also need to have cash for extras like Mariachi band ($400 I believe), and blood work (for legal wedding), if required.

Hope this helps!

Hi there. Do you know if you pay in full prior to the wedding when you meet up with the WP or do you 50% up front and balance after ? 

Re : oficiant - I beleive you just pay for his transportation as his services are included in the package. ( May depend on the package though).

Hi there ! have you heard what the DJ is like from the hotel ?? What do you know about DJ Mania? Would you happen to have the contact information ?

Hi everyone,

does anyone know what package allows you to have your reception at the palmaras grill?  I have sent an email to my WC but it has been a couple weeks with no response.

Thanks,

J