Hi Barcelo Maya brides!!!!! Has anyone receieved any updates with 2010 packages and pricing? I am getting anxious here! I also wanted to ask previous brides about their package choice and how many guests it included? How much was each additional guest? Was it a 4-course dinner? Also, how much to upgrade flower arrangements for tables or bride's bouquet? And chair sashes? My colors are orange and teal. I would like white tablecloths and chair covers but would like teal chair sashes and perhaps a table runner. Is this something that's included or would I have to bring them myself? I'm so confused sad.gif HELP!

Sandra

Sandra I feel your pain!!! I am really interested in the Barcelo...it's what we are leaning towards...but I want to know prices for upgrades and extras before we make a final decision. I've seen the packages....what are the options within the packages? Does anyone know there options for flowers, cakes, meals, or cocktail hourhuh.gif? I could really use some help!

Sandra I feel your pain!!! I am really interested in the Barcelo...it's what we are leaning towards...but I want to know prices for upgrades and extras before we make a final decision. I've seen the packages....what are the options within the packages? Does anyone know there options for flowers, cakes, meals, or cocktail hourhuh.gif? I could really use some help!

Not sure why that posted twice? ....but I should have mentioned, that I have seen the fruit centerpieces, but are there other options? Do they seem like they are happy to work with you to personalize your wedding (with cost of course)?

Hi Ladies,

My wedding date is confirmed! Oct 10, 2009 @ 4pm at the Palace! YaY I'm so excited!! I waited for a couple of weeks to here back from the wedding coordinator "Gabriela" and she took a little while to answer my emails.. so I went ahead and called up to the hotel and spoke to her myself. She seems really nice and glad to help. So for the ladies that are waiting for prices for 2010... maybe you can give her a call and get some details on their decorations while you wait. She told to me to give her a call with any questions I have.. so I'm sure she would be happy to give you all the color choices on chair sashes and decorations they offer. Hope this helps a little.. I know it gets crazy waiting around to hear back from them!msnwink.gif

ok i could not uploas it so im gonna paste it here is th emenue i have

SERVED GALA DINNERS

SET UP MENUS

Menu # 1

Yellow fin tuna carpaccio

Cream of asparagus sauce

Guava sherbet with Mezcal

Surf & Turf (Beef tenderloin with lobster tail)

Luke warm half baked dark chocolate fondant

Coffee, petit fours

Menu # 2

Sea scallops salad with lime vinaigrette

Lobster bisque

Lemon sherbet with vodka

Beef tenderloin Wellington

Crème brûlée

Coffee, petit fours

Menu # 3

Homemade rabbit terrine

Coquille Saint Jacques with saffron cream sauce

Melon sherbet with dry Sherry

Fillet of fresh salmon with dill

Stracciatella parfait with caramel sauce

Coffee, petit fours

Menu # 4

Beef carpaccio with green peppercorn sauce

Consommé©lestine

Champagne sherbet

Roast rack of lamb with rosemary

Caribbean pineapple & coconut cake

Coffee, petit fours

Vegetarian menu

Tomato salad with goat cheese & pesto dressing

Cream of carrot soup

Sherbet

Vegetable strudel with red pepper sauce

Dessert

Coffee, petit fours

N.B: Some dishes are subject to season or market availability, and number of guests in party

Prices are in U.S. Dollars and include tax & service charge,

and include 3 hours of open bar (domestic drinks)

4ServedGaladinners.xls

Does anyone have any pictures of the banquet rooms at the palace? I am hoping I can do the coral grill but was told that the prices would be increasing 10%. I'm not sure I can afford that with the amount of people I have coming.

The new photographer policy is super frustrating. They originally told me day pass and now it's $300! They should offer the price they told us when we put our date on hold.

Hey ladies! I wanted to bring this thread back because it's great to talk to other Barcelo Palace brides.

We are still trying to get a decent quote from our travel agent, and they are coming back a little bit better than they were before. *Crossing my fingers!*

What step are you at?

Our wedding is in May 2010, so I guess we have been told to wait until about August/September to get a good quote.

Hope all of your planning is going well! bunny_4.gif

Cara