Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ok just heard back from foto caribbean and they said that they are no longer the photographer onsite but they can honor any reservations made. So now to investigate the new photo company and make a decision.. hhhhmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

 

Ok just heard back from foto caribbean and they said that they are no longer the photographer onsite but they can honor any reservations made. So now to investigate the new photo company and make a decision.. hhhhmmmm

 

 

I am in the same situation as you...we booked foto caribbean for our wedding and they said they would honor our reservation and we would not be charged extra for having them as an outside photographer.  I am not totally impresseed with the pictures on their website, so I am starting to lean towards booking the new people.  I haven't found out much information on the new photographers yet....just a generic website from other destinations they have done weddings at. It's a tough decision, it's so hard to know if the new company will be any better. Let me know any info you find out about the new photographers please!  And I will also share any info I find out as well :)

 

Thanks,

Melanie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


i booked Ivan Luckie, but i'm curious, who is the new photograhers?
 

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

Ok just heard back from foto caribbean and they said that they are no longer the photographer onsite but they can honor any reservations made. So now to investigate the new photo company and make a decision.. hhhhmmmm



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 

Originally Posted by nmurch View Post


i booked Ivan Luckie, but i'm curious, who is the new photograhers?
 


 




Originally Posted by mexico_2011 View Post





I am in the same situation as you...we booked foto caribbean for our wedding and they said they would honor our reservation and we would not be charged extra for having them as an outside photographer.  I am not totally impresseed with the pictures on their website, so I am starting to lean towards booking the new people.  I haven't found out much information on the new photographers yet....just a generic website from other destinations they have done weddings at. It's a tough decision, it's so hard to know if the new company will be any better. Let me know any info you find out about the new photographers please!  And I will also share any info I find out as well :)

 

Thanks,

Melanie

Hi Melaine i will defo let you know if i find out anymore. I have asked on the facebook page too. It would be nice to see a review and a sample of pic's taken at resort so we can make a decison. It says they are part of the Kodak group and i think they are a bit dearer than FC. Will be interesting to see what they are like.
 

I dont know their name?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

 

Ok just heard back from foto caribbean and they said that they are no longer the photographer onsite but they can honor any reservations made. So now to investigate the new photo company and make a decision.. hhhhmmmm

 

I havnt even begun to think about photography yet :/  Although I didnt get a name of the photographer that took pictures for my friends wedding at Barcelo in May. They did a beautiful job.

http://www.claudiaphoto.com/citlalli/lisa_amir/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Barcelo didn't tell you the name of the new company? how did u find out it changed?
 

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post



 





Hi Melaine i will defo let you know if i find out anymore. I have asked on the facebook page too. It would be nice to see a review and a sample of pic's taken at resort so we can make a decison. It says they are part of the Kodak group and i think they are a bit dearer than FC. Will be interesting to see what they are like.
 

I dont know their name?
 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No i found out through the unofficial barcelo maya forum! The hotel haven't said anything. Then i emailed FC and they confirmed they are no longer the onsite photog... Thanx. I would be nice to see more pix and and some reviews though. I will keep my eyes open....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

 

No i found out through the unofficial barcelo maya forum! The hotel haven't said anything. Then i emailed FC and they confirmed they are no longer the onsite photog... Thanx. I would be nice to see more pix and and some reviews though. I will keep my eyes open....

 

Wow! Wonder if they would have ever said anything if you hadn't asked. Thank god for these forums, eh??

 

I checked out the new photogs' site. Definitely better than the old resort photogs, but not super impressive for what they're asking package-wise. I'd definitely recommend Ivan Luckie..he is an amazing photographer and his prices are actually really good for a whole day of shooting. I wanted to go with him, but I originally was going to get married at Azul Beach and they didn't allow photographers other than their "approved" list. So I went with Claudia Rodriguez, who is AMAZING, but her prices are a bit higher than I originally wanted to spend.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the good news is, is that now people can atleast get pretty good quality over meh quality and not have to fight over the external/daypass/2room night etc.! because i think the quality of the new peoples photos is really good. yes it is a lil expensive but the prices are worth the pics compared to foto caribe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Very thought provoking article it really helped me set up my strategies regarding. READ MORE : Login to Hotmail, Outlook using a Windows or Mac web browser Launch your web browser and login: Firstly, you need to launch your Windows or Mac web browser. Once you have successfully done so, go to the Hotmail sign in page:  http://hotmailaccount1811.blogspot.com Enter your email address and password: Once you have reached the Outlook sign-in page, you need to enter your Hotmail email address followed by your password then click Next. Congratulations, you have signed in: On the next page, select Sign In. Feel free to explore the services that are available to 
    • OMG these are incredible! Seriously blown away by the thoughtful detail you have put into every aspect of your gifts, your guests are going to be amazed! Props to you for adding so many personal touches and putting in so much time to make these gifts amazing!
    • These bags are amazing!! You are so organized and detailed, I am so impressed! I LOVE the Vistaprint stuff you ordered, the logo is so cute, I love your personalization!
    • I love etsy!! It's a great place to find personalized gifts without such a hefty price tag. I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids personalized necklaces with their names on them. I found these ones that are affordable and you can pick the chain length and different fonts, so you can really make them your own and pick what you know each bridesmaid will want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/595334072/personalized-name-necklace-stainless?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=personalized necklace&ref=sc_gallery-3-9&plkey=a8662525c53ec285c1b46b0f308162d0591edff8:595334072
    • Hi everyone, I am so happy that I am getting married to the love of my life. He proposed me and we are getting married within in a couple of months. And I have started preparations for my big day. I am super excited about a lot of things and also worried about many things.I have some inhibitions about my face and skin. Since I am a working woman, I have never got much time for personal care. This is the right time for it now. I need  proper medical grade skin care. Want to improve my skin tone and texture  I read some details about it here, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/nonsurgical-procedures/non-surgical/skin-care/, and found it really helpful. Can anyone of you suggest me some more tips? Like what I can do at home to have a glow on my face?  Thanks in advance.
  • Topics

×