Jump to content

Recommended Posts

We sent booking confirmation for our May 2010 wedding in August of 09. This seemed early to me, but I am so glad we did. Prices went up dramatically in the last 5 months rather than going down and the resort also filled up making it difficult for some to get into the Palace with our party. What we payed for a 9 night stay back in August is what some of our guests payed for a 4 night trip in April....And the prices have been that much higher since January... Sometimes waiting does not result in a a better deal. Some of our planned guests cannot attend now because they waited so long to book and now could not afford the prices. Now , this may be partly due to fact that our wedding is over Memorial weekend. And since October is off season, you may get some better prices, but just wanted to share our experience!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same exp with us...some of our guests that waited to book were not able to attend as the price had gone up so much. We were able to get an awesome deal at the Palace of 131 per person for double occupancy in mid-April. It had gone up to 250 per day as the wedding got closer and they had sold out. Luckily our TA had held some rooms for us so it all worked out.

I would suggest you look for the early booking deals that some TA's have on their contracts and then watch the flights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My expereince is the same as the girls above. What we paid for a 10 night stay at Palace (booked in Dec) my friend is paying for a 4 night stay at Tropical (booked in April). Also, some other resorts actually ask for a "cash deposit" so i thought it was so much more reasonable of barcelo to only ask for reservation confirmations as a form of deposit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_cee09 View Post
Help Ladies,

I just got an email from Claudia, we are trying to book for April 2011, she informed us that we need a copy of a reservation from a tour operator 2 months after our date is on hold. What if we don't book our flights till October? That just doesn't make sense. I don't want to book my flights now when we could get a better deal closer to the date.

Also, in the information she sent me it states "The City Hall will keep the original birth certificates, they won't be returned." I'm not leaving my original birthday certificate in Mexico. Can anyone tell me what happens when we are down there, do we just give all our information to Claudia and she deals with it, or do we just make copies and take them down there? Right now, it looks better for us to just get married here and take our marriage license down there. I'm so confused.....

I had a legal weddning and all I had to do was show the our passports. Our wc made copies. That's it. What they dont tell you though, is the day you meet with your wc make sure your witnesses are there with their passports as well. She needs to make copies of everyone's passports and there is some paperwork to sign. Takes like 5 min. then you can send the witnesses away.

As far as the 2 mo goes... I can't help you there because we booked two months after holding the date. Maybe you can try to just re-hold the date? I don't think dates get booked up that fast. I only put my date on hold 9 months before the actual wedding. They do like 6 weddings a day... I wouldn't stress and book earlier than you want to and pay more than you need to. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by svetayasofiya View Post
I had a legal weddning and all I had to do was show the our passports. Our wc made copies. That's it. What they dont tell you though, is the day you meet with your wc make sure your witnesses are there with their passports as well. She needs to make copies of everyone's passports and there is some paperwork to sign. Takes like 5 min. then you can send the witnesses away.

As far as the 2 mo goes... I can't help you there because we booked two months after holding the date. Maybe you can try to just re-hold the date? I don't think dates get booked up that fast. I only put my date on hold 9 months before the actual wedding. They do like 6 weddings a day... I wouldn't stress and book earlier than you want to and pay more than you need to. Good luck!
I'm glad you mentioned this in your post, my witnesses won't be arriving until 3 days after I am there (they arrive Friday, our wedding is a Monday). Do you think this will be a problem? i thought they only had to be there for the day of the wedding. I have another question, since you had a legal wedding, did you change your name? Were you able to do that on on the Mexican documents?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hmmmmm, I don't mean to alarm you but if you are having a legal wedding both you and your witnesses need to be there 3 business days prior to the actual wedding (not incl. Sat. & Sun.) So to legally get married on a Monday, you guys need to arrive on a Wednesday at the latest. This is standard in Mexico, not a Barcelo rule. They can provide you witnesses if you need but if you want to use your own family or friends as witnesses than they will definitely have to arrive earlier than the Friday.

 

I don't plan on changing my name and I am in Canada so our rules are different. I actually live in Quebec (so our rules are even that much more different) and they don't allow you to change your name because of marriage. I'd have to go through an official legal name change instead at which point I could become J-Lo for all I care. I haven't even submitted anything yet re. our marriage. I am still awaiting the certificate with the 'Apostille Seal' although I don't know if I need that to make my marriage legal in Canada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisha0607 View Post
I'm glad you mentioned this in your post, my witnesses won't be arriving until 3 days after I am there (they arrive Friday, our wedding is a Monday). Do you think this will be a problem? i thought they only had to be there for the day of the wedding. I have another question, since you had a legal wedding, did you change your name? Were you able to do that on on the Mexican documents?
i was told by the coordinator that me and my witnesses need to be there 3 business days before.. ( for my NON legal wedding ) and 4 business days there for a LEGAL wedding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by svetayasofiya View Post
hmmmmm, I don't mean to alarm you but if you are having a legal wedding both you and your witnesses need to be there 3 business days prior to the actual wedding (not incl. Sat. & Sun.) So to legally get married on a Monday, you guys need to arrive on a Wednesday at the latest. This is standard in Mexico, not a Barcelo rule. They can provide you witnesses if you need but if you want to use your own family or friends as witnesses than they will definitely have to arrive earlier than the Friday.

I don't plan on changing my name and I am in Canada so our rules are different. I actually live in Quebec (so our rules are even that much more different) and they don't allow you to change your name because of marriage. I'd have to go through an official legal name change instead at which point I could become J-Lo for all I care. I haven't even submitted anything yet re. our marriage. I am still awaiting the certificate with the 'Apostille Seal' although I don't know if I need that to make my marriage legal in Canada.
well, if that is the case than i am safe. we get there on Tuesday. I guess we wont be able to use our own witnesses... ok, so- i'm not going to panic, that will just have to be how it is, I'm going to call the WC tomorrow to go over everything. This is the trouble when they don't respond as fast as they should. THANKS SOO MUCH. and i hope future brides are taking notes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmurch View Post
i was told by the coordinator that me and my witnesses need to be there 3 business days before.. ( for my NON legal wedding ) and 4 business days there for a LEGAL wedding!
We were told the same- and we are arriving 4 "legal" days before the wedding but, i didnt know it was the same for the witnesses. Nothing I can do at this point, I'm just a few weeks away. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×