Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Is this thread strictly for palace brides, or are we now using it for all barcelo brides? I just booked my wedding today, on the colonial/tropical side, so i'm just wondering! thanks =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info sunshinekc08. That is a good idea to stay at the Colonial/Tropical and then upgrade to the palace for your wedding and rest of stay. Did you feel there was a big difference between the two hotels? Do you have different options for your wedding ceremony and dinner if you stay at the Palace. I think I want my ceremony on the beach and my dinner in one of the outdoor grills. I'd love to see pictures and hear more. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maegan606 View Post
Is this thread strictly for palace brides, or are we now using it for all barcelo brides? I just booked my wedding today, on the colonial/tropical side, so i'm just wondering! thanks =)
It doen't matter what side you stay on .... all the wedding packages are the same. The ONLY exception is you can not use the Palace Gazeebo for your ceremony unless you are staying at the Palace your wedding night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by harv0136 View Post
Thanks for the info sunshinekc08. That is a good idea to stay at the Colonial/Tropical and then upgrade to the palace for your wedding and rest of stay. Did you feel there was a big difference between the two hotels? Do you have different options for your wedding ceremony and dinner if you stay at the Palace. I think I want my ceremony on the beach and my dinner in one of the outdoor grills. I'd love to see pictures and hear more. Thanks!
I thought the biggest difference was Palace (unlimited a la carts, top shelf licquor). Other than that they are pretty much the same!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are still trying to decide on a wedding package. We are staying on the Palace side the entire time we are there. Since we are staying on the Palace side would national drinks still be served during dinner if we went with the "under the stars" or "ocean scents"? Do you happen to know what the "VIP status and distinguishing wristband" are in the "ocean scents" package?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachhappy View Post
We are still trying to decide on a wedding package. We are staying on the Palace side the entire time we are there. Since we are staying on the Palace side would national drinks still be served during dinner if we went with the "under the stars" or "ocean scents"? Do you happen to know what the "VIP status and distinguishing wristband" are in the "ocean scents" package?
Are most of your guests staying on the Palace side too? If yes, than you will most likely get top shelf booze, if no, than only the guest with Palace wristbands will.

The VIP wristband are only for you and your husband & you just get unlimited a la cartes and top shelf booze, but since you are already stayng at the Palace, you get that anyway, so I would go with the Under the Stars if that is your only deciding factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mario and I thought we finally found the place when we stumbled upon Barcelo Maya. The reviews and the pictures we found were amazing! The accommodations and amenities offered are just what we wanted...

 

THEN IT HAPPENED!!!! We saw that they do not allow outside photographers! WHAT IS THAT?! I read through this thread and saw that some had used their photographer as well as the in-house photographer. Do they allow outside photographers if you still use the in-house? What is the smallest package offered by the in-house. We're already planning on flying our guy out and putting him up for the trip just so he can do our wedding.... This extra cost is unexpected, but we'll pay it IF they still let us use our guy....

 

thanks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra&Mario View Post
Mario and I thought we finally found the place when we stumbled upon Barcelo Maya. The reviews and the pictures we found were amazing! The accommodations and amenities offered are just what we wanted...

THEN IT HAPPENED!!!! We saw that they do not allow outside photographers! WHAT IS THAT?! I read through this thread and saw that some had used their photographer as well as the in-house photographer. Do they allow outside photographers if you still use the in-house? What is the smallest package offered by the in-house. We're already planning on flying our guy out and putting him up for the trip just so he can do our wedding.... This extra cost is unexpected, but we'll pay it IF they still let us use our guy....

thanks...
The no outside vendor thing is an OLD policy.... You CAN bring in anyone you want!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you would like to use any outside vendors you must first get them approved by the wedding coordinator. You will have to purchase a day pass for each person that comes on property, I believe it's $100-125.

 

We are using del Sol Photography. and two photographers come in our package with them so we will have to purchase two day passes.

smile78.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
  • Topics

×