HOLA Barcelo Lovers :)

We too love this hotel and are always bummed to hear about outside vendor policies. Since some time has passed since their July Ultimatum about Photogs and Videographers, I was wondering if anybody had any experiences to share...

Can you please post your thoughts in this thread: http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...ml#post1030892

Muchas Gracias for taking the time to share.

matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondpooch View Post
HOLY MOLY bride2010!!!! Are they out of their mindshuh.gif Sure that wasn't pesoshuh.gif I've heard a price around $300 give or take, but no more than $350. $1500 is ridiculous!
I KNOW! I actually just checked it again. It was $1550 for 35 mins. I don't have the details, but after hearing that amount, I didn't even bother pursuing it. Where did you hear about the $350 quotes? I'm trying to find others outside the resort, but don't even know where to start!

Okay, Claudia emailed me today that it is $1550 usd for 45 minutes of fire dancers and guys dancing around on stilts. (pretty cool actually, I've seen these stilt guys in St. Croix) That's RIDICULOUS. Who in goodness name is going to spend almost another 2k on thishuh.gif Not me.

Claudia also emailed me today that the 2010 menu is not out. Seems to be a little close to 2010 to not have menus out, does it not? If I had a Jan or Feb wedding I would be mad right now!

Wow had I known this was changing I would have booked at one of the cheaper hotels in the resort. Just checked the hotel website and it looks like it's true: For 7-night stays, you will receive 4 tickets valid for any of the restaurants. For 4-6 night stays, you will receive 2 tickets. Restaurants are subject to availability.

Barcelo Maya Palace – Riviera Maya – Maya Palace - Barcelo Maya Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houserhead View Post
that is a real bummer. The unlimited A la Carte option was one of the best features of the Palace.

I was upset that they took away the package option of having the mariachi at the ceremony too. I think I am going to pay for them to play 1 set at the reception. I originally was thinking of paying for them to do the ceremony, but I don't think the ceremony runs 45 minutes long, so I might be losing out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrs.D View Post
I know, eh! I was upset about that too... Are you going to have them for the ceremony or at the reception??

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondpooch View Post
Okay, Claudia emailed me today that it is $1550 usd for 45 minutes of fire dancers and guys dancing around on stilts. (pretty cool actually, I've seen these stilt guys in St. Croix) That's RIDICULOUS. Who in goodness name is going to spend almost another 2k on thishuh.gif Not me.

Claudia also emailed me today that the 2010 menu is not out. Seems to be a little close to 2010 to not have menus out, does it not? If I had a Jan or Feb wedding I would be mad right now!
Jacqueline,

Just wanted to give you a heads up that in your date ninth is spelled wrong. It's not nineth. I'd hate to have you send anything out misspelled! Also, I think your name should come first...it's more proper. Not sure if that bothers you or not. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny84 View Post
Hi Everyone! Now that our travel agent has booked the first group of people, the planning starts. I am so excited for all the other barcelo palace brides! The resort is so beautiful and I know everyone will have such a fantastic time there. Congratulations to all.
Hi Jenny84,
I noticed that you're getting married a day before me and you're from Canada! Have you had any trouble booking anyone? We have 26 booked right now(from Ontario) but we are trying to book some of our guests from Calgary and Vancouver and we were told the hotel is now full. Our travel agent is trying to make some requests to the hotel but it doesn't seem to be working. The only other option is for some of the guests to stay at the other resorts (i.e tropical, etc) but I want to avoid this. I want everyone to be at the palace.

Sabrina

Wow that's scary! Is it because of the Easter holiday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebbles View Post
Hi Jenny84,

I noticed that you're getting married a day before me and you're from Canada! Have you had any trouble booking anyone? We have 26 booked right now(from Ontario) but we are trying to book some of our guests from Calgary and Vancouver and we were told the hotel is now full. Our travel agent is trying to make some requests to the hotel but it doesn't seem to be working. The only other option is for some of the guests to stay at the other resorts (i.e tropical, etc) but I want to avoid this. I want everyone to be at the palace.

Sabrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura4ever View Post
Another question....it is almost nov has anyone seen the gala 2010 menu and regular 2010 menu
Claudia emailed me today that they dont have it as they are waiting for the main office to send it to them
I bet they have emailed it to someone...lol

Thx...love you ladies!!!
There are two menus?? What are the differences? I too am waiting for these. My wedding is in Jan 2010 and nothing has been planned except a ceremony at 4. I really hope that I get this info pretty soon. Please share if you get this.

Thanks!