Hey girls,

Its 3 days for a legal wedding & 2 days for a non-legal.

FYI... we brought our own "minister" (my aunt) for our non-legal & they gave us $300 off the package. The wouldn't budge with anything else, but I was happy about that.

Also, your outside photographer just has to stay 1 night. (btw, you can book them at the Beach/Caribe for cheaper) they just have to be a "hotel guest" for you to not pay the $300 fee to the onsite photographer.

Main difference btwn Palace & Tropical/Colonial 1. Top shelf liquor 2. Unlimited a la cartes + 3 more a la carte options than the Trop/Colon 3. Palace guests can go to/use anything/eat at the Trop/Colo/Beach/Caribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinekc08 View Post
Also, your outside photographer just has to stay 1 night. (btw, you can book them at the Beach/Caribe for cheaper) they just have to be a "hotel guest" for you to not pay the $300 fee to the onsite photographer.
Good advice! I didn't even think of booking them at one of the other Barcelo's

Quote:
Hey girls,

Its 3 days for a legal wedding & 2 days for a non-legal.

FYI... we brought our own "minister" (my aunt) for our non-legal & they gave us $300 off the package. The wouldn't budge with anything else, but I was happy about that.

Main difference btwn Palace & Tropical/Colonial 1. Top shelf liquor 2. Unlimited a la cartes + 3 more a la carte options than the Trop/Colon 3. Palace guests can go to/use anything/eat at the Trop/Colo/Beach/Caribe
Katie! Congratulations! Your pictures are beautiful! Everything looks like it turned out just perfect :) Have you written a review yet? I'd love to hear all the great details and those little "not so great" ones either. Actually we'd all love to read it! Thanks for the info too. Were your centerpieces upgrades? And your cake? It was so pretty! Congrats again to you and CJ!

Hey ladies!

Does anyone have any information on us being able to send things to the resort before we arrive? I really don't want to have to bring all of my decorations and stuff with me on the flight. That, and I know that they decorate our ceremony site for us, but do we know if they include the chair covers, or if we have to bring them down ourselves as well? I hope that's not a stupid question..

I've emailed my WC, but she hasn't really answered any of this, and I'm starting to get ansy.

DON"T send anything down there. Customs will take it for themselves & the hotel will not accept it due to resposibiliy for it. Just divie up your stuff with your b-maids & others traveling with you & ask them all to check a bag or carry on for you.

Yes you get chair covers (white) & a selection of free sashes (Cream, royal blue, red, white, & coral for free) or other colors for $5 a sash just to rent sad.gif

Quote:
Hey girls,

HI Katie thank you for posting this. So if i understand you correctly I can book at the Tropical instead of the Palace and still get on the Palace property for the ceremony? I had an inquiry on this resort and I can't find rooms right now at the palace for that time frame. Besides I would much rather save the B&G some money on my stay.

OK off to go check out your review. loving that Sexy TTD siggy photo too! smile29.gif

Correct, only the bride & groom have to stay at the Palace to have their ceremony there.

You & any guests can stay at any of their other properties (Beach/Caribe or Tropical/Colonial) & still have access to the Palace for the wedding.

Btw... last time I checked, they Beach/Caribe is closed until Novemeber, so I would try to book your room there, its the cheapest, & they will automatically upgrade you to the Tropical/Colonial if it is still closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MObride09 View Post
Hey VarsityGolf (Ashley)! I'm also from Missouri, Columbia MO actually and am getting married at the Palace on May 29, 2010... Looks like we'll be there at the same time! Hope the planning is going well for you. It's been pretty frustrating trying to arrange the details from afar and the WC's take so long to reply. This new photography rule has had me crazy! I've booked a photographer from St. Louis to stay for four days and as far as I know this is OK, I haven't been told otherwise...
Also curious if anyone has received the 2010 packageshuh.gif It's hard to stick to a budget when you don't know exactly how much the wedding package is going to costworried2.gif
I just recieved these stright from weddings@barcelo so these are 100% accuate. the packages have also changed alot. feel free to email me jennadullinger@aol.com

BARCELO MAYA PACKAGES2010
Blueberry DreamUS$ 1,520.00
Mint BreezeUS$ 2,060.00
Strawberry PassionUS$ 3,080.00
Tangerine SunsetUS$ 7,150.00
Chocolate Sensation Beach, Caribe, Colonial & TropicalUS$ 7,500.00
Chocolate Sensation PalaceUS$ 9,550.00
Coconut Paradisefree

“Tangerine Sunsetâ€
(15 people included staying at the Resort*)

-Upgrade to a Suite with Premium wristband for bride and groom (maximum 7 nights)
-Decorated seaside wedding location
-Premium amenities and bottle of sparkling wine sent to the room
-Document arrangements
-Justice of the Peace or Non denominational Minister
-Marriage certificate
-Bridal Bouquet and Groom Boutonniere
-One Tabletop flower arrangement
-Arch of flowers for ceremony
-50 minute Massage for the Groom & Bride
-Tangerine Multi-Vitamin facial for the bride
-Make-up and hair style with natural white orchid for the bride
-Deluxe Wedding Cake (up to 20 people)
-3 bottles of domestic champagne (for up to 30 people)
-Live music during the Wedding Ceremony
-3 Hours Private Served Dinner on the beach with exclusive waiters with set menu
-3 Hours Open Bar during the reception Celebrate
-Personalized dessert (initials of bride and groom)
-Celebrate your Honeymoon with a la carte breakfast in bed the next morning
-Guaranteed Late check out until 5:00pm for bride and groom
-Romantic candlelight dinner in one of a la carte restaurants
-Wedding Coordinator services
-Witnesses if required
-Guaranteed King-size bed.
-Bathrobes and slippers in your room.
-Special decoration in the room and rose petals on the bed
-Special gift courtesy of Barceló Maya Beach Resort

“Strawberry Passionâ€
(15 people included staying at the Resort)

-Premium wristband for bride and groom
-Decorated seaside wedding location **
-Special Amenities and bottle of sparkling wine sent to the room
-Document arrangements
-Marriage certificate
-50 minutes Massage for Bride & Groom
-Manicure & pedicure with strawberry essence for the bride
-Make-up and hair style with natural white orchid for the bride
-One-tiered Wedding Cake (for up to 10 people)
-Live Music during the Wedding Ceremony
-3 Hours Private Served Dinner on the beach with exclusive waiters with set menu
-3 Hours Open Bar during the reception Celebrate
-Celebrate your Honeymoon with Champagne Breakfast in bed the next morning
-Late check out until 3:00pm (on request, subject to availability)
-Witnesses if required

“Mint Breezeâ€
(20 people included staying at the Resort*)

-Document arrangements
-Marriage certificate
-40 minutes Mint Massage for Bride & Groom
-2 bottles of domestic champagne (for up to 20 people)
-Live Music during the Wedding Ceremony
-3 hours private dinner with a set menu in a Banquet Room with exclusive waiters, for groups with more than 11 people or 1 hour and a half dinner in A la Carte Restaurants for groups less than 11 people.
-3 Hours Open Bar during the reception
-Celebrate your Honeymoon with Champagne Breakfast in bed the next morning
-Witnesses if required

“Blueberry Dreamâ€
(Unlimited number of guests included staying at the Resort*)

-Document arrangements
-Marriage certificate
-1 bottle of domestic Champagne (for up to 10 people)
-CD player for the ceremony (recorded CDs) and for cocktail hour
-One hour private cocktail with an appetizers†selection (6 pieces per person) and open bar (time and location subject to the availability upon arrival)
-Witnesses if required

“Chocolate Sensationâ€
(15 people included staying at the Resort)

-Upgrade to a Master Suite with Platinum wristband for bride and groom (Maximum 7 nights)
-Decorated seaside wedding location
-Nightly honeymoon premium amenities and bottle of sparkling wine sent to the room
-Document arrangements
-Marriage certificate
-Arch of flowers for the ceremony
-80 minute Massage for the Bride & Groom
-Hair style with natural white orchid for the bride
-Manicure & pedicure for the bride
-Amazing Body Chocolate Wrap for the bride
-Deluxe Wedding Cake (for up to 30 people)
-Live music during the Wedding Ceremony
-3 Hours Private Served Dinner on the beach with exclusive waiters with set menu *
-3 Hours Open Bar during the reception (premium drinks)
-Personalized dessert (initials of bride and groom)
-Celebrate your Honeymoon with a la carte breakfast in bed the next morning
-Guaranteed Late Check-out until 5:00pm
-Romantic dinner in your suite including a bottle of Moët Chandon
-Witnesses if required