Hi Joie! We are wedding date twins!!! You're having yours at the Palace also? That's so exciting! I'm not sure if moving to an outdoor grill is considered an upgrade...I'm pretty sure it's the same price. We want to have ours outdoors also unless it's too chilly out...have you been in contact with one of their coordinators? They seem to take forever to get back to me via email, but I'm sure pretty much everything is taken care of upon arrival and not before. Good luck with all your planning!!

Hi Sandra! lol thats AWESOME :) well nice to meet yoU! omigoodness, i bet your the 4-5 time slot? haha, they told me that was taken so i went ahead and took the 3-4p time slot (vs the 5-6 which i thought would be a cutting it too close for dark pictures during the ceremony) cuz we are outside as well! but no, i am not in the palace, we are in tropical! i considered upgrading to the palace the night of the wedding but for some reason i decided against it, i think cuz i am actually able to get a 'nicer' room for the price i am asking at the tropical vs a lower class room at the palace. where are you doing your reception?? i am really hoping i can upgrade to an outside grill. i really dont like the idea of being 'inside' with no windows when i am in Mexico! and as far as the WC, i have not even talked with them, my travel agent has actaully been the one to be in contact with them thus far, but even she said it takes a while to hear back!! but i agree, i am not too worried, i think all will just come together once we are there!

Nice to meet you too!!! Yep...we have the 4-5 slot! That it too funny! I would of thought they'd have more than one ceremony at once being there's so much oceanfront space...but it's nice to know that they take turns, I guess to keep it as private as possible. Yea, we definitely want an outdoor reception...it's strange that their indoor rooms have no windows! We would even consider having the reception on the sand...I know they do that too if you have a fixed menu. The problem is if it's windy and sand could fly into your food! That would be horrible! I see you joined the forum recently, you're going to love it! There is sooooooooo much great info and the girls are fantastic!

yay, glad to be here :) it is super helpful since it does take forever to hear back, its nice to be able to share info :) talked to my travel agent today...and i guess they are still waiting for the 2010 wedding package rates to come out..and once that gets figured out then i can actually start 'coordinating' with the planner! so we will see what happens!! what are your plans for a photographer?? i am debating just bringing a friend from home..have you heard if their photographers are very good?

Harv, i love her pictures, good choice!!! i just emailed her to check her rates and i'll se what happens! did you make a decision yet for your reception, i saw you were wondering about the sites as well!? And how much are you paying for a day pass for the photographer??

Thanks! :):)

ALSO, Sandra did you get your booking problem figured out?? i saw your prices sky rocketed, mine did too right after Swine Flu broke out, and my TA assured me it would be temporary, we waited a week and she was right, they all went back down! then we booked!

Hey everyone!!! We have put our date on hold for May 14, 2010 @ 5:00 and I am so excited!!!! WOOOO thewave.gif

Does anyone know if 5:00 is a good time in May? I think the only other time available (besides really early) was 3:00 and I figured it'd be too hot then. Especially for my FI - he sweats a lot in the heat. LOL

And I am 99% sure we're booking this week!!!!! I am so excited things are finally coming together. :)

Our photographer is going to be Juan Carlos Tapia...he is in Cabo, but we're flying him in because we both fell in love with his photography from the moment we saw it! It's a huge splurge, but it's well worth it because we both love photographer and know it's memories that last a life time! We cut costs in other ways :) And yes, our booking problem is figured out, haha! For a second there, it was quite scary!! Now the rates are looking great...about $345 a night/double occupancy. We actually found rates better on applevacations.com than we did with a travel agent! So we're directing our guests to book online or call apple! Have you decided on centerpieces or a DJ? We are going to use Mannia, they're having a 30% off special I believe. We were quoted about $600 for 5 hours I think. Again, we don't want to have to deal with playing the music, so that's something we don't mind spending money on. It's great to have someone to chat with...especially a date twin :)

Yes Sandra, I agree, worth it!! I feel as though if we are goign to invest this much $$ to travel allll the way to Mexico and get married, we better have darn good pictures to show for it!!! :)especially with such a pretty atmosphere. so I am totally pumped for you!

DJ: $600/5 hours, thats AMAZING! i think we are just going to do the ipod thing for now?? haven't really looked into it much yet. Have you decided if you are doing your reception outside yet? Haven't decided my location yet. hehe i know this is just too fun being on the same day! lol of all the days thats too funny! You will be just less than an hour than me walking down the same aisle/sand aisle lol! i will be sure to leave it nice and clean for you! :) hehe O and how many guests are you lookin at? I have 20ish booked right now maybe looking at 30...hoping to keep it pretty small tho..that was the goal of our destination wedding, keeping it as small as we could :)