@@TaraW Thanks so much for the pictures they look amazing!!

@@SammyMac This was so helpful.  These pictures are beautiful.  I will be having about 60 guests which I believe you had the about the same number. 

My email is fahesta@chrobinson.com  .  I would love to see more pictures for ideas and any planning documentation you may have so I can get a head start.

We have decided on doing the Strawberry package just waiting on our next steps from the WC.  Were you really charged $70 a person above the 15 guests the package includes?  Were you offered any comps or discounts for bringing that many guests in?

I feel like they charge for every little thing even though its a AI resort, arghh lol.

Thank you,

Stacy Fahey

Our Wedding is July 1st 2016 - It's approaching so fast! we are so excited. We have had the same issues most people have here, communication is slow. So what we have been doing is, We send an email with our bullet points and then we call Abraham and go one by one. It has been very effective.

Right now we are down to the small details like what song to pick for the wedding ceremony etc. Does anyone have an idea from their wedding if they choose the guitarist if they liked it?

We are also bringing welcome bags does anyone know how the delivery works? do they label it with each persons name and put in their room?

We are doing outside Photographer and Videographer and yes we are getting charged the $500 fee.

We are also using outside vendor for makeup Beso Brides

@mention

Unfortunately they do charge the extra $70 per person. We also chose the Strawberry package. We have around 65 Guests and we are also opting for an extra hour. They gave us no Discounts. Also some off our decor they cant do so we had to use their Vendor LatinAsia $$$ more money, sigh.

• Like 1

@@Alemike

Congrats on your upcoming wedding - looks like the countdown is really on now! :)

You will love Beso Brides! Michael and Martina are both lovely people and did a great job for me and my guests that used their services. Highly recommended!!!!

We LOVED having the guitarist. We sent him 4 songs ahead of time, with youtube clips of an instrumental guitarist playing them in the tempo we wanted them. He learned them in time and played them perfectly!

We had:

Before the ceremony started: Bless this Broken Road - Rascal Flatts

Walking down the Aisle: We Found love - Rhianna (slowed down tempo and gorgeous that way!),

Signing the certificates: Marry You - Bruno Mars

After the ceremony and while we all toasted: I'm Yours - Jason Mraz

Go on youtube and search for ambonick1. He was the inspiration for our own choices. We sent our WC these video clips as a guide, she forwarded them on to the guitarist and they were all perfect! So get creative with your choices - he only needs about 2-3 weeks to learn any new ones he doesn't already know.

They will charge you 10.00 per room to deliver the wedding bags (YIKES!) so I got a list of room numbers my guests would be in and did it myself. The day the guests arrived I just went to the room and tipped the maids in the hallway (they are there pretty much all day cleaning rooms)  to just open the door and put it on the bed for me.  

Hi guys!  Just wanted to share some of our photos and video from our wedding at the palace January, 2016,  its been a crazy few months after the wedding and haven't had much time to post any reviews or updates yet, but will try to soon.  The wedding was amazing, photos by Bicoastal Images were great (see my review)

My only regret was worrying so much leading up to the wedding (due to horrible communication) but it all really does work out perfectly!  Happy Planning and if you have any questions let me know.

Heres a link to our video preview clip:

and some of our photos:

https://www.facebook.com/bicoastalimages/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1084447108260921

trash the dress:

https://www.facebook.com/bicoastalimages/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1086590394713259

Hopefully these links copied work okay!

@@SammyMac  and @@Alemike too! WELCOME to the BDW community you are sure to find all the answers to your upcoming Barcelo wedding here. Please feel free to ask questions. We at Styling Trio are a team of professional makeup artists and hair stylists, but we know a number of great photographers out in this area so if you need / would like any helpful tips, let us know. :)  In the meantime I'll leave you with a helpful tip as well regarding makeup in hot tropical climates! Airbrush makeup is certainly something to consider for your big day! Here's the link: http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/wedding-tips/c/planning/q-a-is-airbrush-makeup-ideal-in-a-tropic-r2326

And Happy Planning!  

Best,

Edited by StylingTrioRivieraMaya

• 2 weeks later...

@@LoriGran

How did your videography turn out? I am booking G&A Wedding Cinema for my wedding at another resort and can't find reviews either!

Hello Brides, Has anyone booked Ivan Luckie for photography and also booked the videographer (Alex Gallardo/G&A Wedding Cinema)? I am debating on whether I should book the videographer since I can't seem to find any reviews. If you booked Ivan Luckie and/or the videographer, how was your experience? Thanks!!

Hello,

I am booked for my wedding February 25th, 2017 at Barceló Maya Colonial!! 

I have decided on the Strawberry package and have a few questions if there's any advice out there?

1. Any recommendations on the Strawberry or Pineapple wedding cake?
  2. Any reviews on how the main dish was: Surf and Turf, Teriyaki beef tips and veggies, or Grilled Portobello's and chicken breast?
  3. Do the main dishes come with anything other than the meat? Potatoes?

Open for any other PROS/CONS for this hotel as well.

Thank you!

Stacy

Hello,

I am booked for my wedding February 25th, 2017 at Barceló Maya Colonial!! 

I have decided on the Strawberry package and have a few questions if there's any advice out there?

1. Any recommendations on the Strawberry or Pineapple wedding cake?
  2. Any reviews on how the main dish was: Surf and Turf, Teriyaki beef tips and veggies, or Grilled Portobello's and chicken breast?
  3. Do the main dishes come with anything other than the meat? Potatoes?

Open for any other PROS/CONS for this hotel as well.

Thank you!

Stacy

Hi there @@smfahey,

1.  I have read nothing but positive comments on the wedding cakes overall. Ours was absolutely DELICIOUS!!!! but it was vanilla, so that doesn't help you. You can do a tasting when you arrive at the report for 10.50 USD per flavour, so that's an option for you. (that's the quote I was given last summer - it may have gone up)

2. Surf and turf was good, but it was very cold so that was a huge disappointment for us. And people don't get a choice of how they want their steak cooked, so that cook be an issue for some.  A week later we got to try the beef wellington at our romantic dinner on the beach, and after eating it I really wished we had chosen that entrée instead of the surf & turf. It was amazing!! 

3. Both entries came with potatoes and roasted veggies, which were really good as well.

To answer your last question about pros and cons about the resort, you should definitely take some time and ready over this thread. It's worth the time investment! :) Many brides have shared the good, bad an ugly about the resort, and overall I think it's been fairly consistent. Barceló has their issues and we certainly had our share during our 3 week wedding/honeymoon, but overall it was a very special time for us and I have no regrets about getting married there.

Hope this helps and happy planning!! :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! We are actively planning our wedding for Feb 4th 2017. I am on wedding planner 3 unfortunately but I've at least had one phone call so far! We are staying at Caribe with approx 50 guests. We aren't exactly going all out cost wise because we recently had our son. He will be 10months old when we go. So not only dealing with wedding planning but also being a new mommy. We picked destination though because of the cost effectiveness and ease and of course the vacation! Really looking forward to the resort as it looks beautiful and like it has plenty to do. This will be my 4th trip to Mexico and 3rd to the Mayan. Beyond ready to go now.

Questions for past brides or brides that have more information than me!

Reception/Cocktail: going a little different than most as we are having a section blocked off in the buffet for dinner and we are turning our "cocktail" hour into a 3 hour reception afterwards. Has anyone done this? Or does everyone splurge on the big reception? I did see it done at Occidental Grand and it looked fine to me!

Room upgrade: sounds like most got sent to the Palace for their upgrade? Anyone object and try to stay in their section with a nicer room? Caribe was recently upgraded so I'm ok not being in the palace... The palace is also quite the hike back to our friends and family and with the baby to take around I don't want to be far!

Planner... I had Christian, then Itzel & now Marcela. Anyone else with Marcela?

Hair & Make up: I'm debating between Rose by Dahena and Beso Brides. Sounds like Beso is who most used but they won't seem to budge on price. I've had two friends get married there recently and said the resort spa is a waste of money for hair and make up, it's also soooooo expensive! Who did you use? What's the vendor fee? 150$ American? I've tried asking for prices in Pesos and none will budge on that but Rose has the best prices so far. Not sure I'm too keen to have Beso sneak on the property as guests... I'm not out to break any rules.

Huppa: do I have to get a huppa in order for something to get married under? Blueberry dream package, my mother is making all of our flower arrangements and we are travelling with them. (Silk).

Look forward to hearing from you all!

:)

• Like 2