Hi @@isaroy !

Congrats on picking barcelo for your wedding you will love it , I've been to the resort a few years ago and it is just amazing which is part of why we chose it for our wedding!

We're doing strawberry package as I was feeling the same way as you , don't want to leave cold canada in January to have a wedding inside in the cool a/c. But it's totally your preference, a lot of brides in here also mentioned it was nice for some of the older guests to have some rest from the heat of Mexico. But I think the private rooms are all indoor conference rooms , no windows or ocean views.

My wc sent me a file with all the pictures of options for ceremony and reception, I don't know how to attach files here but send me a message and I can email it to you if you don't have it already.

For entertainment, DJ, mariachi band etc, that is all extra, not included in any of the packages.

Hope this helps!

Kim

quote name="isaroy" post="1898012" timestamp="1433602019"]Hello ladies, I am new to this site and have booked my wedding at the Barcelo Maya Colonial on January 27, 2015.

I am wondering if any of you went with the Mint Breeze package? I see in the package description that we will be having a private dinner in a room for 3 hours but I am wondering what the private rooms are like as I wouldn't want to fly all the way to Mexico from Montreal, Canada to eat in a conference room wiht our guests.

Can anyone give me additional information about their experience with the Mint Breeze package and the private rooms available for dinner? Can we choose a room that is open to the ocean, for example?  Is there a DJ included in this? What kind of entertainment can we expect?

Thank you in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

HI, we are planning on getting married at the Barceló in May 2016.  It was the first vacation we took together years ago and loved it.  But we do not know where to start with the destination wedding planning, to be honest.  I have read through the forum so I apologize if these questions have already been asked but I would appreciate ANY help at all that is given.

- How do we go about securing a date without paying for our whole trip upfront?  Do we pay a deposit, etc?

- We are interested in more off the wedding aspects, not the reception, as we are having a reception back in the states after the wedding.  Will the resort tweak the package to include more of what we want and not the stuff we don't?

- I did not want to go through a travel agent, what is the best way to get the best group deals for travel and rooms?  Do we have to use a travel agent?

- We want a beach wedding with an Arbor/Pergola...is this an option? If so, where and what?

Thank you again and any other information that you may feel is helpful, would be amazing!

Kirsten & Chris

Hi @@KirstenChrisDW2016

Welcome!

When We booked our wedding date I was already in contact with a travel agent to make sure the week we wanted was in budget for us, so I would definitely recommend finding a travel agent, it's free and makes the whole process a lot easier for you. You don't have to use one, but just not sure how you would organize it without one. Definitely email barcelo weddings right away and ask for the date you want, with it being so far away next May you should have no problem. You can secure your spot with the wedding planner before putting down any deposits, after that they will send you a confirmation email and you have a certain amount of days to send them your travel confirmation # from the travel agent to confirm your date. You just need to make sure you have your travel week picked first to make sure it works with your date.

I didn't have to put down a deposit with Barcelo just with my travel agent to secure packages for our group. Certain packages might require a deposit though.

Sorry that was a long answer lol but Hope that makes sense!

Not sure about if they can tweak the packages they are set packages. The complimentary one might be good for you if your having reception back home.

Also For beach ceremony there's a pergola, Flower arch and greenery arch and the gazebo on palace section, not sure what else.

Hope this helps!

quote name="KirstenChrisDW2016" post="1899965" timestamp="1436317739"]HI, we are planning on getting married at the Barceló in May 2016.  It was the first vacation we took together years ago and loved it.  But we do not know where to start with the destination wedding planning, to be honest.  I have read through the forum so I apologize if these questions have already been asked but I would appreciate ANY help at all that is given.

- How do we go about securing a date without paying for our whole trip upfront?  Do we pay a deposit, etc?

- We are interested in more off the wedding aspects, not the reception, as we are having a reception back in the states after the wedding.  Will the resort tweak the package to include more of what we want and not the stuff we don't?

- I did not want to go through a travel agent, what is the best way to get the best group deals for travel and rooms?  Do we have to use a travel agent?

- We want a beach wedding with an Arbor/Pergola...is this an option? If so, where and what?

Thank you again and any other information that you may feel is helpful, would be amazing!

Kirsten & Chris

Hi fellow Barcelo brides!

My name is Tara and we are getting married April 15, 2016 (5:00pm) at Playa Azul. Can't wait!!!!  We've chosen the Strawberry package because we wanted the option of a beach reception for our 20 guests. Hopefully mother nature cooperates so we don't have to move into one of the grills. But I've seen pics and read reviews, and that's not usch a horrible option i the end. After all, we will be in Mexico!

Our wedding planner is Estrella. The experience so far has been a bit frustrating, but only because I often don't get a repsonse to my emails for 7-10 days, .... but it is what it is. Thankfully we book a year in advance so there's time. I just really wanted to get most/all of the decisions made early on and then not have to obsess about things for months on end, but that's my A type personality! :)

I've really enjoyed reading all the best tips and advice on here over the last few months, and I'm sure I will continue to do so over the next 7 months as well!.

I have decided to give my hair and makeup package to my maid of honor (my daughter) and I'm going to splurge for some airbrush makeup to last the day. If anyone else has the same wedding date as we do, and are willing to "share"  either the Styling Trio or Beso Brides on that day, we could split the 150.00 cost to have them at the resort.

Happy Planning ladies! :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all!

I have booked my wedding for March 2016. I'm so excited! I've been searching and searching for answers in this forum and found it so helpful that I decided to start posting myself.

We chose the Mint Breeze for gazebo ceremony and the banquet room reception. We have some older guests and needed the AC and privacy. We're expecting about 20 adults and 5 children at the most. 

My new wedding planner (original one left the resort since we talked last) is Yasmin and she's pretty good at responding, but sometimes she doesn't answer all my questions fully.

Does anyone know about the banquet rooms? Are there more than one, and if so, what are the differences? What do you think a good table arrangement is for our number of guests? I know I definitely want a small head table (just for the couple), a separate cake table, and use rectangular tables for guests... kind of like the one in the picture below (except I think our head table is a rectangular table).

5HAX515So2tayoMViYhoOr-LGJvqpDpvOEGcOel5

This may be a silly question. My fiance and I will be staying at the Palace, and our other guests at other Barcelo resorts (mostly Tropical). On the wedding day, are other guests allowed to come help me get ready in my room in the Palace? Also, since I'll be getting ready in my room in the Palace, where would my fiance get ready? Does he need to go to another guest's room in the resort?

Thanks for any and all advice!

@@TaraW

My wedding is in March 2016 and I started planning a year in advance as well, being a type A personality myself! Haha

• Like 1

Hi Yooyooo,

We also had a switch in our wedding planners (I initially had Tania, and now have Estrella) She's pretty good about answering our questions fully though when I write.

We are having a beach reception (weather permitting!!) and with only about 20 guests coming ourselves, we didn't know how to set up the tables. We finally decided to nix the head table idea and just make one large square table with 4-5 guests seated on each side so it's a more intimate setting, and everyone feels like they are part of the group. It think it looks nicer and works better than a long rectangular table where you have to lean in to see the people at the opposite end. Maybe that would work for you guys as well?  

I can't imagine that the resort would push the issue of where your guests are staying on your wedding day. I know when we stayed at the Tropical in the past (2 yrs ago), we spent some nights up at the Palace location with our friends that were staying there. The bar wouldn't serve us ... actually we didn't bother to try, we just brought our own drinks up and visited with them in their area and nobody said anything to us about not being allowed there. It's your wedding day! Other than any outside vendors where they want their fee to have them on site, I doubt there will be an issue for your guests.

I look forward to other brides responses to your question about where your finance will get ready as I was curious myself if the resort will allow him access to an empty room for a few hours, or if we have to make our own arrangements.  

• Like 2

@@TaraW

I love the table set-up idea! Originally I wanted two rows of rectangular tables to divide up the "older" group and the "younger" group, but I do want everyone to be part of the group. After all, these are our closest friends and family.

That's good to know that you could go to the Palace location while staying at Tropical. That's what most of our guests will have to do on the wedding day.

If anyone else has advice about room for fiance getting ready, please respond! I'm pretty sure that all our guests will not stay at the Palace, so if the resort doesn't arrange something for us, he would have to go to one of the guests' rooms in the Tropical....and that seems like a hassel!