@@starbx123 My wedding ceremony and reception are confirmed for the playa azul location on 5/15/15. I even changed my wedding date (only by a day), JUST to have this location. From what I have read on here, most people say it is the most private place for you to have your ceremony and reception…except for of course a banquet hall. If you want something more private, I would definitely go with playa azul! Who is your wedding coordinator?

That's what I've read too and have decided to go with Playa Azul.  I don't mind people watching, but definitely don't want any random people in our photos.  As long as they stay out of the way! :-)  Our wedding coordinator is Aurea.  We actually received Step 2 today and are in the process of choosing our menu.  Have you chosen yours yet?

@@cfinkenbine

Good choices! The food was an easy decision for us to make and we've already picked! We actually decided on a very similar menu. The surf n turf is a no brainer :-)

What's exactly is crispy grissini? Sounds yummy with the prosciutto.

For vendors, we are flying in a photographer from home. I'm planning to do my own makeup, and not sure yet about hair. I've read that the salon is hit and miss. We prob won't use a dj and most likely ask my brother to MC the wedding and man the iPod for the evening. We are interested in the mariachi. Have you heard any feedback on them?

We're staying for 7 nights. Wish it was longer but I'm leaving during a busy time at work.

How about you?

@@starbx123 I have no idea what crispy grissini is! LOL! I think its a type of bread. My fiances aunt is a foodie, and told us for the surf and turf, these were good foods to go with it. I have heard the mariachi is great, I just could NOT spend the kind of money for such a short amount of time. We are staying for 10 nights. Would have liked longer, but our budget has already gone up and up. This wedding is a lot more expensive than what I would have liked! Which hotel are you staying at? We are staying at colonial/tropical, although I have heard after all the renos will be done that the caribe/maya beach and colonial/tropical will be equal in price and you will be able to go to all of them. We are extending our reception for an hour. Our ceremony time is at 6pm. Do you have a wedding website? Heres ours:

http://rcstromberg.wix.com/rosscelestewedding

That's what I've read too and have decided to go with Playa Azul.  I don't mind people watching, but definitely don't want any random people in our photos.  As long as they stay out of the way! :-)  Our wedding coordinator is Aurea.  We actually received Step 2 today and are in the process of choosing our menu.  Have you chosen yours yet?

@@starbx123 Playa Azul is the less crowded beach because si the fastest one with less services,a actually there are no bars or restaurant close, here some posts and pictures of Azul Beach, the best of the Barcelo and I am not sure why people does not select this location

http://www.luckiephotography.com/barcelo-riviera-maya-wedding-photography-brianna-andrew/

The day was cloudy  but give an idea of people around

Brianna+Andrew-Barcelo-Riviera-Maya-Wedd

A simple wedding venue ceremony

http://www.luckiephotography.com/barcelo-maya-colonial-wedding-photographer-brandiebryan/

Brandie+Brian-Barcelo-Riviera-Maya-Weddi

Here the Groom watching the bride walk down the aisle, wanted to show the arounds

http://www.luckiephotography.com/wedding-pictures-barcelo-maya-colonial-melissa-and-trevor/

Melissa-Trevor-Barcelo-Maya-Colonial-Azu

• Like 1

@@starbx123 I have no idea what crispy grissini is! LOL! I think its a type of bread. My fiances aunt is a foodie, and told us for the surf and turf, these were good foods to go with it. I have heard the mariachi is great, I just could NOT spend the kind of money for such a short amount of time. We are staying for 10 nights. Would have liked longer, but our budget has already gone up and up. This wedding is a lot more expensive than what I would have liked! Which hotel are you staying at? We are staying at colonial/tropical, although I have heard after all the renos will be done that the caribe/maya beach and colonial/tropical will be equal in price and you will be able to go to all of them. We are extending our reception for an hour. Our ceremony time is at 6pm. Do you have a wedding website? Heres ours:

http://rcstromberg.wix.com/rosscelestewedding

We're staying at the Palace.  Hubby-to-be loves snorkeling so this should be a good fit for us :)

Our ceremony is at 5 at Playa Azul and then I think we'll shuttle everyone back for the reception - not sure which location yet.  Yeah, I totally know what you mean about the costs, they sure add up quickly! 

Hi Everyone!

I am getting married at the Barcelo Palace on July 8th, 2015.

All we've done so far is secure the gazebo for our 3pm wedding and that Marlene is our WC.

We are thinking about the Mint Breeze Package, but would love some more information if anyone has any regarding this package. The package includes 1 tabletop flower arrangement... is that only for the head table? or 1 for each table? so confused! Are white linen chairs the standard and you pick your own sash cover? Any information you may have regarding options for this package, please send my way!

historiemaker@@gmail.com

I have read all the reviews about photography/videography...

so my understanding is that if we hire anyone from the area will have to the $500 flat fee? Can't get around that by booking the 2 nights anymore? If the 2 nights booking is still available and no outside vendor fee, I would totally be down to "share" a photographer/videographer with someone and split that cost!