I am so excited that I found this website! I will be getting married at Barceló in January, getting kind of nervous and hoping now that I have found this site I can finally start panning more details for my big day :)

@@cvincent84

Thanks!! I can't wait! I am starting to get nervous it's coming up so soon! 

I am not doing the TTD at the cenote, it would be at the resort, that is why I am freaking out a little bit because I would REALLY be pissed off if I have to pay $500 again! I'm really going to try to sneak him in with just a guest pass see how it goes. 

Would love to see pictures your wedding pictures!! 

Did anyone extend their wedding reception? Was it worth it? I am debating if I should at least by 1 hour. I feel like the first dance, mother-son, father-daughter, speeches, dinner, cake cutting will take up a lot of time and will leave very little dancing time. I know we can go to the disco afterwards but would really want to have more time at the reception. 

Thanks!! 

Edited by LoriGran

@@cvincent84

I am not doing the TTD at the cenote, it would be at the resort, that is why I am freaking out a little bit because I would REALLY be pissed off if I have to pay $500 again! I'm really going to try to sneak him in with just a guest pass see how it goes. 

Did anyone extend their wedding reception? Was it worth it? I am debating if I should at least by 1 hour. I feel like the first dance, mother-son, father-daughter, speeches, dinner, cake cutting will take up a lot of time and will leave very little dancing time. I know we can go to the disco afterwards but would really want to have more time at the reception. 

Thanks!! 

We got our reception extended almost an hour because of the error on our WC part so that was nice. I will say it does go EXTREMELY fast since eating, and all those other activities you mentioned DO take a lot of time up. However, when we were pricing out extending the reception with our WC, an hour was something crazy like $400! So it depends on your budget. The disco/club they have and their lobby bar are GREAT cheap alternatives. We decided to not pay for any extra time and all our guests went to the lobby bar after to continue the party. Not as fun as a pretty wedding reception of course but it was nice to still hang out and drink with everyone. :) Something you can price out and talk about when you get to Mexico too.

You would think a guest pass would work!! They are so insanely picky though...good luck!! :) 

Hey everyone. It's 12$ US for national bar or 14$ premium liquor per person per hour for extra time. IE, let's say you want to add 2 hours onto your reception, it's 24$ extra then per person.

We added on 2 extra hours to make 5 in total :) but we only have 24 guests and chose that over the dance floor :)

• Like 1

Hey ladies! This is the link to our wedding highlights from last month. I think it's only available through tomorrow so check it out!

Feel free to message me with any questions:)

http://we.tl/H86bvsBnTZ

@@cvincent84

Thanks!! 

@@cvincent84

Thanks!! 

I 100% recommend extending it for the hour. I am sooo happy that we did! You can decide one you are there and make changes down there as well so don't feel like you need to make every decision now. You could honestly plan the whole wedding in 10 minutes lol you will see how easy it is once you're there!

As far as sneaking in the photographer as a guest, they are soooo anal about people entering the property. Every time someone pulls up to the gate the security calls and needs to approval to let them in. They wouldn't even let my videographer or hair/make up stylist on and I paid the fee!

If anything, maybe you can give the photographer your bracelet and he can say he is a guest. After the wedding I waited a few days to put mine back on and had no problems. All of the staff will know you plus you can say you left it in your room for the wedding. Good luck:)

Was it absolutely necessary to take copies of emails between WC and outside vendors??

No, they have computers in their office. She let me use her computer to go on my email.

Was it absolutely necessary to take copies of emails between WC and outside vendors??

I will say mine for sure came in handy! There were a couple things that came up where I had to pull my emails out. Much easier having them in hand then trying to find them again on the fly in the office! I would print out your invoices, agreements, and any other major items so at least you have them if confusion arises!

• Like 1