http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/content/type/61/id/210173/width/200/height/400 That's our cake, it's not a fabulous pic of the actual cake but you can see how the icing was done. We didn't request anything be done except put our topper on and that's what turned out. We had 22 guests and not a single person had cake, they LOVED the dessert and were stuffed from dinner! We asked the coordinator if the cake could be put in the kitchen and brought to our room the next day, they asked a specific time to send it and we said 2pm. They sent it on a tray all set with small plates and everything. We later ate some with the group when we all met up in the lobby bar one evening. But even then it wasn't all gone so we kept it in the fridge in our room and had delicious cake for the remainder of our stay! http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/content/type/61/id/210180/width/200/height/400 Here is a second picture as well, it's less close up and you can see the size better.

I love your cake topper! Where did you order it from?

Hello past and new brides... 

Has anyone dealt with Xhail? It has been about 6 weeks since her last email to me and I have emailed her numerous times asking questions. 

Another question I have.. I was sent pictures of the flower options. Are these options just for the bridal bouquet or the bridesmaids bouquets as well? 

Thanks in advance!

Hello Ladies,

I am having a hard time deciding on the menu options. I'm a bit upset that we can only choose one main course! What if some of my guest don't eat beef or others don't eat fish! Am I the only one who thinks they should have at least the option to pick from 2 main dishes? What did you go with for your main dish with the mint breeze package? Any input will be appreciated!

Hello Ladies,

I am having a hard time deciding on the menu options. I'm a bit upset that we can only choose one main course! What if some of my guest don't eat beef or others don't eat fish! Am I the only one who thinks they should have at least the option to pick from 2 main dishes? What did you go with for your main dish with the mint breeze package? Any input will be appreciated!

I have  a strawberry package and had similar problem as you. For example, I love fish and my fiancee distastes it. Plus, everyone on this forum raved about surf'n'turf option (lobster tail). So to compromise, we decided to serve surf'n'tuf as our main meal, and then we chose chicken based menu for guests who are "allergic" or refuse to eat fish. I gave my coordinator approximate number of people who would want  chicken menu but we are still waiting for most people to RSVP. On our website, we included a choice of meal as part of RSVP process. Once I have the complete number of responses, I will confirm the exact number for surf'n'turf and chicken meals. I hope this helps

• Like 1

We had the Strawberry passion package too. I was told by Victoria that we could only choose one choice per course. However, I mentioned that in our group guests had certain dietary restrictions and shellfish allergies and she allowed me to create entirely separate menus for these people. For instance, the main group had the tomato and goat cheese salad, lobster bisque soup, surf and turf and raspberry white chocolate dessert. For our vegetarian guests they had all veggie courses and for individuals with "shellfish allergies" or just an aversion to fish, they had the Tomato and goat cheese salad, onion soup, chicken main and same dessert as the rest of the group. Everyone raved about the food! Surf and Turf main was a huge hit as well as the coconut wedding cake....so moist!

Just an FYI though, if you have separate menu options for guests, your WC will want you to make place cards for your table specifically identifying those with a special menus.

I just scheduled my wedding at Barcelo Maya Palace for this May. I can't wait! 

Congrats and excellent choice! The resort is beautiful and your guests will LOVE it! We were married at the Palace Nov 2013 at Coral Beach for both the ceremony and reception. It was a dream come true! The resort exceeded all of my expectations and the pics online do not do it any justice.

• Like 1

Hi All - We got married on April 5, 2013 and I finally just posted a Facebook album!  Thought I would share with you as well, as I know it was super helpful to see actual photos of weddings at the resort when I was planning.

- Strawberry Passion package (65 Guests)

- Claudia was our WC... AMAZING!

- Grooms dinner at the French restaurant (Claudia booked this for us ahead of time)

- Used Syling Trio for Bridesmaids' hair/make-up and my make-up

- Ceremony on Coral Beach (Loved our location - on the beach, overlooking rocks without any bystanders)

- Outdoor reception on Palmeras Beach, outside the grill

- Added light up dance floor (brought our iPod to play through the speakers - worked like a charm!)

- We hooked up microphones and speakers at both the ceremony and reception site, so our friends could sing/play guitar

- Flew down our own photographer and videographer

Here's the link to the photos:  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10103936791390430&type=1&l=e3e1ff62a4

Let me know if you have any questions! Happy Planning!

• Like 1

I have  a strawberry package and had similar problem as you. For example, I love fish and my fiancee distastes it. Plus, everyone on this forum raved about surf'n'turf option (lobster tail). So to compromise, we decided to serve surf'n'tuf as our main meal, and then we chose chicken based menu for guests who are "allergic" or refuse to eat fish. I gave my coordinator approximate number of people who would want  chicken menu but we are still waiting for most people to RSVP. On our website, we included a choice of meal as part of RSVP process. Once I have the complete number of responses, I will confirm the exact number for surf'n'turf and chicken meals. I hope this helps

We had the Strawberry passion package too. I was told by Victoria that we could only choose one choice per course. However, I mentioned that in our group guests had certain dietary restrictions and shellfish allergies and she allowed me to create entirely separate menus for these people. For instance, the main group had the tomato and goat cheese salad, lobster bisque soup, surf and turf and raspberry white chocolate dessert. For our vegetarian guests they had all veggie courses and for individuals with "shellfish allergies" or just an aversion to fish, they had the Tomato and goat cheese salad, onion soup, chicken main and same dessert as the rest of the group. Everyone raved about the food! Surf and Turf main was a huge hit as well as the coconut wedding cake....so moist!

Just an FYI though, if you have separate menu options for guests, your WC will want you to make place cards for your table specifically identifying those with a special menus.

Congrats and excellent choice! The resort is beautiful and your guests will LOVE it! We were married at the Palace Nov 2013 at Coral Beach for both the ceremony and reception. It was a dream come true! The resort exceeded all of my expectations and the pics online do not do it any justice.

Hi Ladies!

Thanks for your input! My WC said they can arrange 2 dinner options for me. Now just wondering if there is an extra charge for that (waiting for her response). It sounds like it really needs to be planned out on who will be having what since there is no last minute changes. On my RSVP card, I am including the menu choice of beef or fish and each guest has to initial what they want. I was going to do a seating chart and have guests sit any where in the table but now I guess I will have to assign an actual seat for each person at the table. I'm getting married in July and haven't sent my invitations out. Once I get a better idea on how many guests are actually coming I might even switch to the Strawberry Passion package.

Hi All - We got married on April 5, 2013 and I finally just posted a Facebook album!  Thought I would share with you as well, as I know it was super helpful to see actual photos of weddings at the resort when I was planning.

- Strawberry Passion package (65 Guests)

- Claudia was our WC... AMAZING!

- Grooms dinner at the French restaurant (Claudia booked this for us ahead of time)

- Used Syling Trio for Bridesmaids' hair/make-up and my make-up

- Ceremony on Coral Beach (Loved our location - on the beach, overlooking rocks without any bystanders)

- Outdoor reception on Palmeras Beach, outside the grill

- Added light up dance floor (brought our iPod to play through the speakers - worked like a charm!)

- We hooked up microphones and speakers at both the ceremony and reception site, so our friends could sing/play guitar

- Flew down our own photographer and videographer

Here's the link to the photos:  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10103936791390430&type=1&l=e3e1ff62a4

Let me know if you have any questions! Happy Planning!

WOW!! Thanks for sharing, your pictures look awesome! Looks like you had one heck of a wedding! My wedding is in July and just a handful have booked. I get a bit discouraged thinking not a lot of people will come and maybe I should have had a wedding at home instead but then I saw your pictures and thought I made the right desicion!!

• Like 1

To LoriG - My wedding is this May and I just sent out my invites a week ago. So far I have only a few confirmations, and I do not expect a large group - I am hoping maybe for 15 guests (invited about 40). I was a little upset at first when some of my friends said that they are not able to come but I do understand that this is a destination wedding and not everyone can afford or get time off. The main thing as long as my close family and closest friends are coming, I am fine. The wedding is for you and your fiance, so don't worry about other people. You will be in Mexico and will have unforgettable experience, it's their loss on amazing vacation opportunity. On the plus side, less people equals less stress, less to manage, and more money to save for another honeymoon ;)  :D

• Like 1