Hi Everyone, I thought I would just jump into conversation here. I am getting married Oct 29, 2014 at the Barceló Maya Tropical. I know there are other tropical brides on this thread.

SOOOO excited!!!!!

We chose the mint breeze package, upgrading to accommodate approx. 35 people and then we asked about having the reception at the Palmeras Grill instead of the banquet hall. I want to be undercover but not inside! Anyone have experience with a wedding here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseNurse0101 View Post

Hi Everyone, I thought I would just jump into conversation here. I am getting married Oct 29, 2014 at the Barceló Maya Tropical. I know there are other tropical brides on this thread.

SOOOO excited!!!!!

We chose the mint breeze package, upgrading to accommodate approx. 35 people and then we asked about having the reception at the Palmeras Grill instead of the banquet hall. I want to be undercover but not inside! Anyone have experience with a wedding here?

Hi there! I am getting married Feb 1, 2014 at the palace and we also chose the mint breeze package for about 40 people as well.  Have they responded about having your reception at the Palmeras Grill instead?  I had asked a while back about having the reception outside with this package and my WC said we would have to pay extra per person on top of the mint breeze package to do so.  I never mentioned having it at one of the grills though, let me know what they say about doing that! happy planning and congrats!

Quote:

Hi there! I am getting married Feb 1, 2014 at the palace and we also chose the mint breeze package for about 40 people as well.  Have they responded about having your reception at the Palmeras Grill instead?  I had asked a while back about having the reception outside with this package and my WC said we would have to pay extra per person on top of the mint breeze package to do so.  I never mentioned having it at one of the grills though, let me know what they say about doing that! happy planning and congrats

They haven't responded to me yet! I have a travel agent who is my middle person dealing with the barcelo for me, so I did ask her about it. I have a friend who got married at the barcelo los cabos and they have the same wedding package mint breeze but they paid about 25$ per person extra to have it outside by the pool. I am ok spending the extra money for that. the mint breeze is 2200, and then the strawberry was 3500. just seems expensive to pay 3500 when you may end up inside anyways!

Its hard because there is a lot of talk about the palace but not a lot about weddings at the tropical. The palace was just too expensive for our guests to pay for though. Coming from Vancouver BC it was almost 2,000$ a person to stay at the palace in oct.

what have you decided for your wedding so far!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellie14 View Post

Hi there! I am getting married Feb 1, 2014 at the palace and we also chose the mint breeze package for about 40 people as well.  Have they responded about having your reception at the Palmeras Grill instead?  I had asked a while back about having the reception outside with this package and my WC said we would have to pay extra per person on top of the mint breeze package to do so.  I never mentioned having it at one of the grills though, let me know what they say about doing that! happy planning and congrats!

They haven't responded to me yet! I have a travel agent who is my middle person dealing with the barcelo for me, so I did ask her about it. I have a friend who got married at the barcelo los cabos and they have the same wedding package mint breeze but they paid about 25$ per person extra to have it outside by the pool. I am ok spending the extra money for that. the mint breeze is 2200, and then the strawberry was 3500. just seems expensive to pay 3500 when you may end up inside anyways!

Its hard because there is a lot of talk about the palace but not a lot about weddings at the tropical. The palace was just too expensive for our guests to pay for though. Coming from Vancouver BC it was almost 2,000$ a person to stay at the palace in oct.

Quote:

We are having the ceremony at Coral beach and reception in a banquet hall as of now.  I really wanted to have it all outside also but the price difference is huge and my concern is wind/rain, etc also.  We opted out of the cocktail hour because we feel people can just congregate at the lobby or pool bars in between.  We are having a DJ just so we don't have to worry about music.  I chose the violin for the ceremony.  I have hired the best moments hair and makeup to do that for me on the day-I have read so many great reviews and they do airbrush makeup which I feel will hold out best if its windy or humid. About half of our guests are staying at Palace and the other half are at Tropical/Colonial.

Quote:

We are having the ceremony at Coral beach and reception in a banquet hall as of now.  I really wanted to have it all outside also but the price difference is huge and my concern is wind/rain, etc also.  We opted out of the cocktail hour because we feel people can just congregate at the lobby or pool bars in between.  We are having a DJ just so we don't have to worry about music.  I chose the violin for the ceremony.  I have hired the best moments hair and makeup to do that for me on the day-I have read so many great reviews and they do airbrush makeup which I feel will hold out best if its windy or humid. About half of our guests are staying at Palace and the other half are at Tropical/Colonial.

OOOH!

Well I will say I have stayed at the Riu Yucatan in Feb and the weather is phenomenal!  Yes yes ... the price difference, ridiculous! We are planning on doing a beach ceremony as well, no idea what beach but I guess I will have choices later on. and then we also opted out of the appie/cocktail hour, why buy something you already have paid for with the resort!  We aren't going to have a DJ, I think we will just ask a friend do manage the music etc on ipod... it was all just too expensive. If we end up in a banquet hall I am buying the lightup dance floor! LOL. But if it works out to have it at the beach grill then I think we would forgo the dance floor. 

I have heard good things about the palace beach grill as well, being more upscale. I just doing want to be escapading around the resort all day.... lots of people get married down at the Caribe side I think its the Azul beach? But its SO far....

In planning this did the wedding coordinator contact you and have you choose things? or how does it work?

Best Moments, is that part of the resort? If you don't mind me asking how much do you think its gonna cost for that?

I feel like we have the same worries, its hard to stay in budget. Also, my finace and I are switching to the Excellence Playa Mujeres for our honeymoon the second week, but we chose the Barceló for the wedding to make the price point comfortable for our guests :)

Im excited for you!!!!

Quote:

Mellie14, have you chose one of the centerpieces from the resort for rent, or will you be bringing your own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrinaPatrick View Post

Mellie14, have you chose one of the centerpieces from the resort for rent, or will you be bringing your own?

We are having something like this...it is one of the resorts centerpiece options.  Did your WC email you all of the photos of the options you have from them?  I figured the less stuff I have to bring down the better! What are you thinking of doing?

Quote:

We are having something like this...it is one of the resorts centerpiece options.  Did your WC email you all of the photos of the options you have from them?  I figured the less stuff I have to bring down the better! What are you thinking of doing?

Decorative Vases image0 I did see the centerpieces like yours when my WC emailed me the list the other day, but We were thinking of doing something like this. Instead of blue, purple gel balls inside, and peacock feathers on top. I'm only expecting just under 20 guests, so 8 centerpieces is all I'm considering to be making / bringing with me. cost wise, I believe yours is about 25-30 each, mine will be about 20 (11 for the vase, 3 for the gel balls, 7 for the feathers and lighted up bottom).

Quote:

OOOH!

Well I will say I have stayed at the Riu Yucatan in Feb and the weather is phenomenal!  Yes yes ... the price difference, ridiculous! We are planning on doing a beach ceremony as well, no idea what beach but I guess I will have choices later on. and then we also opted out of the appie/cocktail hour, why buy something you already have paid for with the resort!  We aren't going to have a DJ, I think we will just ask a friend do manage the music etc on ipod... it was all just too expensive. If we end up in a banquet hall I am buying the lightup dance floor! LOL. But if it works out to have it at the beach grill then I think we would forgo the dance floor. 

I have heard good things about the palace beach grill as well, being more upscale. I just doing want to be escapading around the resort all day.... lots of people get married down at the Caribe side I think its the Azul beach? But its SO far....

In planning this did the wedding coordinator contact you and have you choose things? or how does it work?

Best Moments, is that part of the resort? If you don't mind me asking how much do you think its gonna cost for that?

I feel like we have the same worries, its hard to stay in budget. Also, my finace and I are switching to the Excellence Playa Mujeres for our honeymoon the second week, but we chose the Barceló for the wedding to make the price point comfortable for our guests :)

Im excited for you!!!!

Have you been in contact with one of the wedding coordinators yet?  Once you are, they should start sending you each step at a time, I believe there are 8 steps in the planning process (ceremony, music, cocktail hour, reception, flowers and decoration, photography, etc...)  Mine has sent me many photos of my options from beach locations, centerpieces, huppa options, banquet room set up photos, flowers.  If you ask for photos they are usually good about sending them.  I have found the planning to be very easy and low stress! :)

Best moments is not part of the resort but they have an agreement with the resort so they do not require you to pay a vendor fee for them to come in for the day.  Here is the website: http://thebestmoments.com.mx/. They will email you the current prices if you send them a message. I think I am paying around 350 for a trial run and day of makeup and hair but this was one of the more expensive packages and there are others to choose from.

Playa Azul was my second choice for the ceremony, it is a beautiful beach.  My fiancé and I have been to Barceló Maya before and it is absolutely gorgeous, you will love it!

If you want me to email you any photos let me know, I will see what I have!