Originally Posted by IrinaPatrick View Post

Yay! Congrats to you too! who is your WC? how far in the process are you? have you picked anything (colors, photographer)? my wedding is on the beach in tropical, haven't decided on the reception yet. What time is your wedding?

My WC is Lillian, she has been great so far! Our wedding is at 3 pm on Feb. 1st.  I have picked almost everything, except photographer and finalized my guest list, which is the last step.  I am going with teal and white for colors with a little bit of orange.  We are having our reception in a banquet hall.  I am getting my hair and makeup done by best moments.  We are still deciding on a DJ or using our own Ipod for music.  What are your plans so far and who is your WC? I just ordered invites yesterday, hoping to send them out mid September, have you sent yours yet?  My main concern is getting all my OOT bag stuff, paper fans, parasols and my dress down to Mexico and then how to stay in touch with all of our guests once we are there.  I know it will all work out though :)

wow, you're way ahead of me...I just got engaged on July 26 (a month ago!), so so far this is what I've done.: sent out the invites (today lol) booked our stay at the resort My WC is Aurea, really great, responds very fast. Our ceremony is set for 5pm..at sunset pretty much, so I'm planning to have a trash the dress the following day, to get some great day shots. I booked Styling Trio to do mine and my wedding party's hair and make up. Still debating on the photographer..as the ones that I want look to be rediculously expensive (i'm actually leaning towards bringing one from home) My WC sent the wedding registration form to me, so I'm filling it out as I write this reply so to speak... I wonder if the witnesses that I put on it, if they can't for some reason attend, if we can change the names.. So far that's it.. I can't wait to do the next steps.. which package did you end up choosing? I think we are going with the mint breeze. do they offer nice colors for the sashes and decor? and flowers and cake?

Originally Posted by IrinaPatrick View Post

wow, you're way ahead of me...I just got engaged on July 26 (a month ago!), so so far this is what I've done.: sent out the invites (today lol) booked our stay at the resort My WC is Aurea, really great, responds very fast. Our ceremony is set for 5pm..at sunset pretty much, so I'm planning to have a trash the dress the following day, to get some great day shots. I booked Styling Trio to do mine and my wedding party's hair and make up. Still debating on the photographer..as the ones that I want look to be rediculously expensive (i'm actually leaning towards bringing one from home) My WC sent the wedding registration form to me, so I'm filling it out as I write this reply so to speak... I wonder if the witnesses that I put on it, if they can't for some reason attend, if we can change the names.. So far that's it.. I can't wait to do the next steps.. which package did you end up choosing? I think we are going with the mint breeze. do they offer nice colors for the sashes and decor? and flowers and cake?

You will still be fine with planning! We got engaged back in December and already knew we were getting married at Barceló so the planning started right away :) We are going with the mint breeze package since we have a bigger group of almost 60 and we are having a symbolic ceremony because will already be legally married before we go.  You can pick from many colors for the sashes, décor and flowers.  My WC just emailed me photos of all the options which helped.  I think a small cake for 10 comes with that package but we are getting a separate 3 tiered cake in coconut (pineapple, vanilla and chocolate are options also) and bringing our own cake topper. You can pick from pretty much any flowers you want, some have extra cost if they are not regional ( orchids, calla lilies, peonies).  I am doing white and orange lilies.

Hello Brides! Did anyone have a light up dance floor? If so did you get it from Barcelo or did you rent it from an outside vendor? I would really like to have one for the reception but I'm not sure if it's worth 1k plus that they charge for it.

Hello Brides! Did anyone have a light up dance floor? If so did you get it from Barcelo or did you rent it from an outside vendor? I would really like to have one for the reception but I'm not sure if it's worth 1k plus that they charge for it.
Great question, also, this lit up floor seems small, only ten-15 ppl dancing at a time and if you get a bit "tipsy" it's easy to fall off.. It seems this way at least