Originally Posted by Kristina610 View Post

Hey ladies, so I got an answer as to why we were not offered playa azul for our ceremony. Here is what I was told

" Yes it is available, the thing is that we are redesigning the maya beach hotel where playa azul is and the bus is not able to take you to the beach, the bus can leave at the Caribe hotel and then you should walk to get to playa azul, if this is fine for you; you can have the ceremony at playa azul, it is like less than 10 minutes walking. "

So my question for y'all is, is the walk from the caribe too far to have my guests walk or not really? It had been years since we were there so I don't really remember just how far it was.

Also, recent brides. Was the "construction" at the maya beach hotel something that would get in the way of pictures or be noisy??

Thank you!

In my opinion, it is not too far for young guests to walk, but it might be a stretch for older people. I would not have been able to have it there if we couldn't have the bus take our elderly guests all the way to Playa Azul. Our wedding was in May and the construction was no issue for us at a 5:30pm ceremony. Definitely nothing that got in the way of photos and I can't imagine that any noise would travel that far down the beach. If your guests are young, I would say it might be worth it. good luck!!

Originally Posted by FireyNurse View Post

I think it was somewhere around $12 per person for the extra hour and they made sure they didn't count the kids in ours either. I think it was DEFINITELY worth paying for, we actually ended up extending by 3 hours!

Originally Posted by gilmana View Post

The Surf and Turf does NOT cost extra for the strawberry package.  It is one of the dinner options included.  I don't remember exactly how much each hour extra costs - but I think its like $14/person.  That just basically covers the alcohol and bar service.  We did it and made sure that they did not charge us for the kids.

Thanks for the info ladies!!! 

Originally Posted by karla5280 View Post

Here is the price list that I received earlier in the year.  Contact the following email addresses to book early.  I leave on Monday and can't wait for our 6/7/13 wedding and sure hope the weather holds out for our outdoor events!!!

spa.gerente@barcelomaya.com

spa.callcenter@barcelomaya.com

Good luck!

Hi karla5280, this site won't let me open an attachment because i dont have permission.  Would you be able to email it to me at nhogeslag@yahoo.ca - thanks so much and once again have a great time and good luck with everything!! :)

Barcelo-uspa price.pdf

Hi Ladies!

Did anyone have people with allergies attend your wedding? My sister is gluten free and a few people have nut allergies, and Victoria just said 'ok' (literally just the one word reply lol) when I told her via email about the allergies. Needless to say I'm a little worried! Has anyone dealt with this??

Originally Posted by julienelson0713 View Post

Hi Ladies!

Did anyone have people with allergies attend your wedding? My sister is gluten free and a few people have nut allergies, and Victoria just said 'ok' (literally just the one word reply lol) when I told her via email about the allergies. Needless to say I'm a little worried! Has anyone dealt with this??

I had a gluten free, a shellfish allergy, and a vegan at my wedding and my WC did the same thing, so I was nervous too.  Don't be.  They took care of all of them without any issue.

hello ladies

i need some advise with decor.  we are getting the strawberry passion package and im trying to figure out what to bring for decor.

does the hotel provide centerpieces, chair covers, runners for the reception?  anybody have pictures they could share?  what decor should i bring?  also does anybody know if flying lantern/chinese wishing lantern are allowed in the resort?  i would like to give guest one at the end of our reception to light by the beach.

thanks

Originally Posted by june2013bride View Post

hello ladies

i need some advise with decor.  we are getting the strawberry passion package and im trying to figure out what to bring for decor.

does the hotel provide centerpieces, chair covers, runners for the reception?  anybody have pictures they could share?  what decor should i bring?  also does anybody know if flying lantern/chinese wishing lantern are allowed in the resort?  i would like to give guest one at the end of our reception to light by the beach.

thanks

They put candles on the tables and we had petals on ours - not sure if they always do that.  It was kind of strange because my WC came with a bag of rose petals.  Chair covers are bows - you pick the color when you arrive and I'm not sure about runners for the reception.  I had floral arrangements and the table names on each table - along with the menu.  Flying lanterns/Chinese wishing lanterns are not allowed.  We did sparklers and had no issues.  

Originally Posted by juliboley View Post

I had a gluten free, a shellfish allergy, and a vegan at my wedding and my WC did the same thing, so I was nervous too.  Don't be.  They took care of all of them without any issue.

Okay, thanks. I feel like sometimes communicating via email doesn't quite convey what the WC is wanting to say!! It just seemed like she was really nonchalant about it, and I was thinking, ummmm this is sort of a life or death situation with some of my guests!!! How did your guests fare on a daily basis at restaurants and the buffet??

Originally Posted by julienelson0713 View Post

Okay, thanks. I feel like sometimes communicating via email doesn't quite convey what the WC is wanting to say!! It just seemed like she was really nonchalant about it, and I was thinking, ummmm this is sort of a life or death situation with some of my guests!!! How did your guests fare on a daily basis at restaurants and the buffet??

They all did fine.  The buffet is massive and there are a lot of choices everywhere, and I think if you tell them about food allergies at the restaurants, they'll come up with other options for them.  I think the WC's are busy doing 2 weddings a day and responding to all of the people that are trying to plan their weddings and since they know that everything can actually be done 2 days before sometimes they just don't sweat the small stuff that they know they can handle.  Unfortunately, when you are planning from afar, everything feels like a giant hurdle.  If I could do anything differently, I would stress less before hand.  I ended up choosing a lot of things differently when I got there even though I had obsessed for months prior that they had to be another way...lol.  They are really nice and will take great care of you.  I was totally amazed at how professional and perfect everything was.