Originally Posted by Kristina610 View Post

Can past brides share examples of what your "itinerary" looked like for the couple of days before the wedding for your guests?  I am putting together a rough draft of ours and I am not sure how to go about planning things.  I dont want it to be so scheduled that they feel like they dont get to relax while there but i also dont want them to feel like they traveled for us but are own their own for two days.  Ideas??

I attached our welcome booklet that had a schedule and wedding timeline (if you can't open attachments PM and ill send it to you). We didn't schedule too much because we want our guests to have their own vacation and people got in at different times/days, otherwise I think it would have been great to set up a welcome dinner or something.

Welcome-print.docx

I love the welcome Mrs. Nova.  Did any past brides use the hotel transporation (private or shared)?  I am specifically wondering about the shared.  We have some single women and older people flying along and I wanted to know if it was easy to find the correct vehicle.  Did they have name signs or company signs?  I would hate to have people get in the wrong vehicle.  Anyone use car seats?  I am going to call about the car seats because I hate to bring them down for only the transfers.  With less than three months away it is getting stressful!!  So excited!

I am having my wedding at the Barcelo Maya Palace on May 24 (or 31st), 2014 - but having a little trouble understanding add-ons for the packages.  I am choosing the Mint Breeze package, and it says that each additional person over 20 is a charge of $27 per person.  This may be a dumb question, but does anyone know if that is just for them to attend the ceremony or is that including their attendance at the reception as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smame0901 View Post

I am having my wedding at the Barcelo Maya Palace on May 24 (or 31st), 2014 - but having a little trouble understanding add-ons for the packages.  I am choosing the Mint Breeze package, and it says that each additional person over 20 is a charge of $27 per person.  This may be a dumb question, but does anyone know if that is just for them to attend the ceremony or is that including their attendance at the reception as well?

From my understanding this would include the ceremony AND reception. Overall the duration of the wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie1025 View Post

Hi Brides! I'm having some guests that are not staying at the Barcelo hotels. The WC is telling me that I have to pay $500 for them plus the dinner??! Has anyone encountered this problem?

The $500 is for Vendors such as a photographer and a videographer. As for the guests only to attend the wedding it's $77 per person. Here is the information: http://www.unofficial-barcelo-maya.com/userfiles/file/FAQ.pdf

For all you brides getting married in May next year warn your guests not to wait too late to book the hotel! The Palace is all full for this May (1st-8th) and I still have guest that have booked flights but no hotel, now they have to stay at one of the other Barcelo's. Plus prices sky rocketed after we booked and never went back down... for all those people that think they can wait for last minute deals! Doesn't happen for this hotel!