Hello Barcelo Brides and welcome on the forum!

We recently did a wedding and a Trash The Dress session at the Barcelo resort here in Playa del Carmen and in order to give some ideas we wanted to share some of the pictures with you.

You can also visit our blog to see more pictures http://bluelenscaribe.com/blc/photo-gallery/weddings/sheena-and-dylan-wedding-barcelo/

A few questions (again... cheesy.gif)

-First, I'm having a location dilemma!! Since I have not been able to do a site visit I would appreciate any advice.

I originally requested Coral Beach for ceremony and Playa Azul for reception. I emailed my photographer for advice and he suggests I flip the locations around.

My DJ package includes a projection screen and light up dance floor. Can anyone tell me if I will have enough room for this at Coral Beach if I decide to change the reception location? I'm nervous will the amount of people (estimating 40-50) and setup I won't have enough space. I would prefer everyone to be comfortable and not be squashed together.

Anyone else think the locations are better flipped than what I originally requested? It's hard to make decisions based on pictures.

-Q2, Does Barcelo allow any type of wish lanterns? I've seen pictures from past brides but I'm not sure if they have changed there rules? I know a lot of other resorts have banned them.

-Q3, I'm getting married in May, anyone suggest what month I should mail out the invitations. I recently sent out STD's in June. Also, what should I make the RSVP month? I don't know how long in between I should send them out. I don't want to be constantly sending people mail about my wedding and have people overwhelmed.

Thanks ladies!

Hey Everyone,

We just put our date on hold for April 30, 2013.

We are staying at the Barcelo Maya Palace

Sorry to ask a question that is probably been asked a few times on here.

What are the locations for the ceremony and reception on the beach?

I have heard of Playa Azul a few times, and Coral Beach.

Does anyone have photos of these locations?

As we are not doing a site visit it would be so helpful.

Thanks love.gif

Originally Posted by chrisdior View Post

-Q3, I'm getting married in May, anyone suggest what month I should mail out the invitations. I recently sent out STD's in June. Also, what should I make the RSVP month? I don't know how long in between I should send them out. I don't want to be constantly sending people mail about my wedding and have people overwhelmed.

My wedding is March 1st. I just sent out my save the dates, and probably would have sooner it just took that long to get engagement pics done and STDs made. I am planning to send the invitations out in September (5-6 months in advance). It seems like a lot of time in advance (usually invites are sent about 6-8 weeks before the wedding) but because its a destination wedding I wanted to give everyone plenty of time to figure out finances, taking time of work, childcare, etc. I think I am putting the RSVP date January 1st (2 months before) wedding...still deciding between December 1st and January.

This would give guests several months to decide if they can make it before RSVPing and I would think people would want book their trip by two months before! It sounds like you don't really have to know how many people will be at your wedding and all the details until you get there so the RSVP date might not matter but I am a planner and want to bring some decorations and gifts and would need to know how many to get/make :)

I know what you mean when you say you feel like you are bombarding people with wedding stuff and doing it so soon...but I am sure the guests will appreciate the notice! Oh and I am putting most of the info on our website in case things change (ceremony/reception locations, etc).

Originally Posted by mrsnova View Post

My wedding is March 1st. I just sent out my save the dates, and probably would have sooner it just took that long to get engagement pics done and STDs made. I am planning to send the invitations out in September (5-6 months in advance). It seems like a lot of time in advance (usually invites are sent about 6-8 weeks before the wedding) but because its a destination wedding I wanted to give everyone plenty of time to figure out finances, taking time of work, childcare, etc. I think I am putting the RSVP date January 1st (2 months before) wedding...still deciding between December 1st and January.

This would give guests several months to decide if they can make it before RSVPing and I would think people would want book their trip by two months before! It sounds like you don't really have to know how many people will be at your wedding and all the details until you get there so the RSVP date might not matter but I am a planner and want to bring some decorations and gifts and would need to know how many to get/make :)

I know what you mean when you say you feel like you are bombarding people with wedding stuff and doing it so soon...but I am sure the guests will appreciate the notice! Oh and I am putting most of the info on our website in case things change (ceremony/reception locations, etc).

Thanks!! After I sent out the STD's I got a few responses. I asked them to RSVP on my website after they made their deposits so I have an accurate number of attendees. So far its going well. No one has replied no. I was kind of hoping to weed out the no's so I could save on invitations but I don't know how well that will work out. i also need time before the wedding to buy the decor and OOT bags.

I keep seeing things about filling out a spreadsheet that their WC sent? What is this?

It has not only been difficult (I have to have my travel agent send the email to get a response) to get my questions answered, but my WC has not starting any planning with me. My wedding is March 1st and it feel like there is still plenty of time but I am seeing a lot of brides on here already having locations and certain details planned and can't help but feel  I am behind! The only concern I have is another wedding will be on the same day I will not have first pick of locations..

I emailed my WC so we will see!

Originally Posted by sswed13 View Post

These are lovely. I was wondering about the vase and mirror. $5/each from the hotel is great! Thanks for sharing

That is so good to know that you can rent vases from the resort and for pretty inexpensive! Beats hauling them there in your suitcases!