I used Discomovilcancun and they were almost half the price of the resort. Barcelo charges $100/hour to use their electricity but discomovilcancun charged us a flat fee of $200 to bring in a generator. There was no day pass but you should check with your WC. You never know how quickly their policies change.

Thanks for all the great information!! I have a few questions for you.  You mentioned there is a outside photography fee? My travel consutant said that I should not get charged for outside photography as long as you say they are with the wedding party...

Also I was looking to do a Catamaran Cruise for all the guests that come to our wedding as well but haven't been able to find one large enough.  What is the company you guys went through? Could you give me the name and contact information please. Also what did you end up paying for the cruise and dinner per person? I've heard it's a lot cheaper than doing the dinner at the beach at the resort?

Thanks, 
Kelsey  

Thanks for all the great information!! I have a few questions for you.  You mentioned there is a outside photography fee? My travel consutant said that I should not get charged for outside photography as long as you say they are with the wedding party...

Also I was looking to do a Catamaran Cruise for all the guests that come to our wedding as well but haven't been able to find one large enough.  What is the company you guys went through? Could you give me the name and contact information please. Also what did you end up paying for the cruise and dinner per person? I've heard it's a lot cheaper than doing the dinner at the beach at the resort?

Thanks, 

Kelsey  

Yes there are outside photography fees. Some hotels say you have to pay xxx amount or have the photographer stay xxx amount of nights. If you bring your own photographer with you, you should be fine otherwise the amount is $500 now I believe or two nights at the hotel to be considered a guest. You will have to check with your WC to be sure. We used Catamaya as they had the best email (sometimes over a week to respond though). Here is their pricelist. I was able to get them to drop the price to $3600 for steak or lobster and transportation from $10 to $5 for up to 100 people although I think it would be cramped with 80. We went from 3-7. The email was info@catamaya.com.mx they also have a website. From Catamaya: As follows you will find the options we have of a private sunset cruise for a group of 60 to 80 people:   SUNSET Charter with Snacks The standard snacks are: Mexican salsa, tortilla chips and assorted nuts. Hours              From 3:00pm to 6:30pm Cost                US$ 2,800.00   SUNSET Charter with Angus Hamburgers The lunch includes Green salad with Italian and French dressing, ., Mexican salsa, tortilla chips and an hamburger that our  chef grills on our stainless steel grill on the back of the catamaran. Hours              From 3:00pm to 6:30pm Cost               US$ 3,200.00   SUNSET Charter with Lobster or Steak The lunch includes:  Green salad with Italian and French dressing, pasta salad, mexican salsa, tortilla chips and to choice of one New York Steak or a  lobster tail that our chef grills (with garlic and butter). Hours              From 3:00pm to 6:30pm Cost                US $ 3,800.00   Very Important notes, All the options above include ·         FULL OPEN BAR, which is: Unlimited Beer (Corona),  rum, vodka and tequila, Sodas: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Juices: Orange, Pineapple and  Purified water ·        Snorkeling, the complete gear is provided. ·        Crew service ·        Two fishing lines. ·        Music and great fun!   ·        Only the tips nor transportation are included. If you need us to provide the round trip transportation, please consider USD 10.00 per person. ·         A 50% deposit is required order to book the date (via wire transfer), and the balance will have to be paid one week before the event.

Awesome review! Looks like you used a lot of outside vendors. Did you have to pay day passes or fee to have the dj and makeup artist? I know you paid for the generator. Thanks for clarifying that.

Does anyone have the personal email address for Gonzalo Nunez the photographer.  I tried sending an email on his website but it won't go through.

Thanks

Info@gonzalonunez.com he's also on BDW forum here under his name. He always responded within a few days if not quicker and his prices/quality of photos can't be beat.

Awesome review! Looks like you used a lot of outside vendors. Did you have to pay day passes or fee to have the dj and makeup artist? I know you paid for the generator. Thanks for clarifying that.
No daypasses were required for anybody, however, even though I gave my WC the names of every company and the names of the people, my photographer was stalled a little bit while security called to check. Photographer - $300 outside photography fee to Kodak (now $500 I think) Videographer- no fee (they were part of the $300 Kodak fee) DJ - no fee but had to either a)pay $100/hour to Barcelo for electricity or b)rent a generator from the dj for $200 Makeup- no fee charged to me but on the wedding day my WC showed up with a slip to charge 30% of his fee to my room. I had already paid in full on the trial day so Adrian gave me the cash back to cover it. Barcelo takes 30% from whatever he charges to brides because he takes so much business from the hotel. This is fairly new so I'm not sure if Adrian is increasing his prices now I also had to provide dinner for all that stayed through dinner 7in total. 3 videographers 2 photographers and 2 djs. Keep that in mind cause that added a few hundred dollars to our budget line. I just seated them at a table at the back together.

No daypasses were required for anybody, however, even though I gave my WC the names of every company and the names of the people, my photographer was stalled a little bit while security called to check. Photographer - $300 outside photography fee to Kodak (now $500 I think) Videographer- no fee (they were part of the $300 Kodak fee) DJ - no fee but had to either a)pay $100/hour to Barcelo for electricity or b)rent a generator from the dj for $200 Makeup- no fee charged to me but on the wedding day my WC showed up with a slip to charge 30% of his fee to my room. I had already paid in full on the trial day so Adrian gave me the cash back to cover it. Barcelo takes 30% from whatever he charges to brides because he takes so much business from the hotel. This is fairly new so I'm not sure if Adrian is increasing his prices now I also had to provide dinner for all that stayed through dinner 7in total. 3 videographers 2 photographers and 2 djs. Keep that in mind cause that added a few hundred dollars to our budget line. I just seated them at a table at the back together.
Thanks!!! I didn't even think about that! Thanks so much for the heads up. I sent an email to adrian I'm waiting for his price list. They were very quick to send me a response asking how many people I had in my bridal party and etc but now I haven't heard back from them :/

Another question: to the ladies who were able to have their reception at Playa Azul, can you share with me how you were able to secure that location? Do you have to have a certain amount of people or a certain package? I keep emailing my WC Claudia requesting that location but she never responds to that question. She answers all other questions. I'm a bit nervous about securing that location, one of the many reasons I picked Barcelo Maya Palace, as I'm getting married at 6PM that day and I feel like I will be the last one to have "my pick" at the locations. Anyone have any advice? Thanks