Thanks have a wonderful time!!!

Originally Posted by Brenners View Post

We leave tomorrow morning at 6:30 am - eek!  Angela, if I am able to then I will try to take pics of Palmeras Grill for you and post them when I get back.  Good luck planning!

My fiance and I have set our date. We are getting married Feb 2013. I have a lot of reading up to do on this amazing thread.. Does anyone know if anyone on this thread has chosen the Tangerine Sunset package? I would like to know what reception venues were offered with this package. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrcahill View Post

Wow those pics are gorgeous!!  We are having our reception at mariachi grill but haven't heard any feedback on it yet.  Does anyone know if you haves one kind of rehersal? I'm just wondering how people will know where to stand and all.  Thanks!

There is no rehearsal. The wedding coordinator will tell everyone where to stand just before the ceremony starts. It always works out.

DONT!!!! My mom and both sisters did and it was a hit and miss as most people post on this site... My mom's hair was going all sorts of wrong when I had to step in and get someone to help. And my Mom's makeup as so bad too... My sisters hair both looked good but make up not so good. I went with Adrian and his crew and it was WELL WORTH the money!!! Looked soooooo good.

I mean the Spa at the resort the hair turned out great for my sisters but not so much in the beginning for my Mom but we really had to direct the girls until they gave us a Sr. girl that could speak English. And my Mom has short hair. The make-up for my Mom and one Sister was not good. Very heavy on the makeup. If you can fit it into your budget get Adrian and his team. Can't say enough great things about them and yes there is a new deal with the resort and Adrian he will charge you 30% off your fee and you just pay the Barcelo that 30% fee that remains. Bonus for me Claudia forgot to add it to the final bill so I never had to pay. Oh also anyone thinking about which resort go with the Barcelo! They do such a FANTASTIC job! My Mom said that when she get's remarried she want to have her wedding at the Barcelo! 

How do you get the 30% off? After reading all of the comments on here, I decided to suck up the cost and go for Adrian. I just booked him today but the 30% offer was never mentioned. 

When you said that the 30% goes to Barcelo, does that mean it goes towards the cost of the wedding?

Thanks x

In short :

Previously Adrian and his team were able to enter the Barcelo Resort without any cost (no day passes, no fees). So the price he quoted brides for services was going straight into his pocket.

However starting recently (I guess I was one of the first brides in November that this happened to), the Barcelo told Adrian that to cover the loss of business to the resort spa, Adrian would have to pay 30% of his fee to the Barcelo, and 70% would be for Adrian and his team.

My total for Adrian was $550, but instead of paying all of that to him, I instead gave him $385 (plus tip) and paid the $165 balance to the Barcelo.

In order to recoup this 30% loss he is not encurring, Adrian is increasing his 2012 prices.

Hope that makes sense to you.

Originally Posted by kisekae View Post

How do you get the 30% off? After reading all of the comments on here, I decided to suck up the cost and go for Adrian. I just booked him today but the 30% offer was never mentioned. 

When you said that the 30% goes to Barcelo, does that mean it goes towards the cost of the wedding?

Thanks x

Again, I think it depends who you get.  I loved my hair, and me and my sister both had good makeup. If you have a clear picture of what you want - it seems they do a great job.  Unfortunately spending another $600 just wasn't in the budget - the spa was free and I was happy!

Makeup.jpghair.jpg

Originally Posted by CarlaN View Post

I mean the Spa at the resort the hair turned out great for my sisters but not so much in the beginning for my Mom but we really had to direct the girls until they gave us a Sr. girl that could speak English. And my Mom has short hair. The make-up for my Mom and one Sister was not good. Very heavy on the makeup. If you can fit it into your budget get Adrian and his team. Can't say enough great things about them and yes there is a new deal with the resort and Adrian he will charge you 30% off your fee and you just pay the Barcelo that 30% fee that remains. Bonus for me Claudia forgot to add it to the final bill so I never had to pay. Oh also anyone thinking about which resort go with the Barcelo! They do such a FANTASTIC job! My Mom said that when she get's remarried she want to have her wedding at the Barcelo!