Originally Posted by Avens View Post

We booked all of our appointments in advance, however one of them wasn't actually made with the spa (wedding day one!). Luckily they fit us in, and didn't even tell us until afterwards, so we didn't panic.

I don't have many photos yet, I'll post some better ones as they show up!  I can't seem to find a straight on picture anywhere!

Here's my hair.  My friend and bridesmaid made me the hair vine, it was so pretty.

hair.jpg

My eyes are closed, but you can kind of see my make up. 

close up.jpg

Wow you looked beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing, was is difficult describing what you wanted with the language barrier, or did you just bring lots of pictures of what you wanted for hair and makeup.

We got our pictures back from Ivan Luckie. We love them!

Engagement in NYC

Wedding at the Palace Gazebo

Reception on Palermas Beach

TTD @ the Palace, Cenote outside of the resort & the Palace kids pool :)

Here are a few sneak peeks 

Jamie_Dan_235.jpg

Jamie_Dan_601.jpg

Jamie_Dan_826.jpg

Jamie_Dan_63.jpg

Jamie_Dan_787.jpg

Jamie_Dan_775.jpg

and here are ALLLLL of the photos. Enjoy

http://www.luckiephotography.com/blog/Proof/2011/Luckie_Photography_Wedding_Galleries/Jamie+Dan.html

Joanne, Avens, DanandJamie, you all made beautiful brides!  I am so happy that we chose Barcelo.  We were torn originally on which resort to choose and even though we are still a few weeks away, I think we made a great choice.  Your amazing photos only emphasize that!  Congratulations to all of you!  woot.gif

Originally Posted by Brenners View Post

Joanne, Avens, DanandJamie, you all made beautiful brides!  I am so happy that we chose Barcelo.  We were torn originally on which resort to choose and even though we are still a few weeks away, I think we made a great choice.  Your amazing photos only emphasize that!  Congratulations to all of you!  woot.gif

I'm the groom, but thanks cheesy.gif

You're going to have a great time. The resort is hands-down the best all inclusive I've ever been to. 

-Dan

Thanks Joanne. My wife hiked up here dress and I rolled up my pants and we walked out there. It was so hot that the water evaporated pretty quickly so it looks like we floated out there :)

As for Ivan, he asked us how quickly we needed our photos back. I told him no rush. I even told him that we would take all of the photos together if it helped him out (our engagement photos were taken in August). After the wedding he said it would be early January and he was right (approximately 3 months after our wedding). Considering the amount of editing he has to do and the thousands of photos he takes, that's not bad. My siblings are all married and some of their photographers took over 6 months to produce their photos. When you deal with "artists" you work on their "creative time" I guess :)

For hair I did, so it was easy.  She would do a bit, but before a big pin she would stand back and asked if i liked it.  I didn't bring pictures for make up - but I wish I would have to make it easier for both of us.

She did a good job though for not having a clear idea what I wanted.I don't usually wear a lot of make up - so I did take some of the eyeliner off when I got back to my room.

Originally Posted by ANGELA2013 View Post

Wow you looked beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing, was is difficult describing what you wanted with the language barrier, or did you just bring lots of pictures of what you wanted for hair and makeup.

It really was great.  All of my guests can't stop talking about what an awesome time we had.  The only ones that I sensed any less than awesomeness from, were the ones that stayed at the beach. 

Because they were so far away, it was harder to coordinate with them.  Plus the palace really is quite a bit nicer.  I know when we booked, there was about $300 difference - totally worth it.

What we did, and seemed to work - is set a general time for breakfast, and whomever wanted to could show up. Then set a general meeting point on the beach/pool (we were beach people) so people know where to look.  Then just let everyone know when your wedding appointments are, so they aren't worried about meeting up with you then.

Honestly, if you can find some cheap walkie talkies, do it.  We wished many times we had them.

In general, the older generation seemed to sit together (parents, their friends that came, grandparents) and they sat at the pool a few times and the younger (our friends and siblings) sat at the beach, as we were all into snorkeling and such.

We NEVER had a problem, finding a spot with enough chairs for 10-15 at each location. Lots of times we wouldn't head to the beach until 11, or even after lunch.

People kept saying the hotel was at capacity, it never seemed like it. Always lots of room at the beach, buffets, even making reservations the afternoon of usually wasn't a problem.

Originally Posted by Brenners View Post