Hi Lynn P.  If you book through Delta, you get a free complimentary wedding that includes a beach or gazebo wedding, and semi-private dinner in one of the restaurants.  It also includes cake and champagne for up to 10 people.  I am expecting 25 guests, so I'm trying to get an idea of what types of add-ons I will need.  You need 25 total nights booking to get this. I read somewhere if you have 35 bookings, you can also get a free reception. Thanks for the French restaurant recommendation. My travel agent also suggested it, so that's what I'll be using! :-) 

Hi Lynn P.  If you book through Delta, you get a free complimentary wedding that includes a beach or gazebo wedding, and semi-private dinner in one of the restaurants.  It also includes cake and champagne for up to 10 people.  I am expecting 25 guests, so I'm trying to get an idea of what types of add-ons I will need.  You need 25 total nights booking to get this. I read somewhere if you have 35 bookings, you can also get a free reception. Thanks for the French restaurant recommendation. My travel agent also suggested it, so that's what I'll be using! :-) 

419soon2bbride... I just saw pictures on another blog and the restaurant some of them were taken at were AWESOME, there was an outdoor balcony area, that was beautiful and looked very modern. I know you wanted something with a great view.. something to consider! I want to say it was the Carribean restaurant.( I am going to double check this for you.) I've been there, but I don't remember for sure, I don't want to direct you in the wrong way. Are you on 'Unofficial Barcelo Maya' as well? This is where I just saw the new pics..  Great site, lots of helpful info there too!  As for the Delta deal, wow, I am surprised.  Can I ask where you are flying out of? I am in Minnesota and I wasn't aware of this perk, we were originally going to go with Delta because if we had so many bookings through our travel agent with Delta,they were going to refund us some $, but we decided on FUnjet instead because they had better trip insurance. ,   Honestly I don't remember all the fine details of this,but  I know the resort itself offers a complimentary wedding package too, but they limited the times you could have the ceremony to noon or 1 pm, and for me that was toooo early.  Is your pkg thru Delta that way? Or can you choose your time frames? Thanks for your reply. 

Hey ladies, you all have been so helpful!  Hopefully this link will work, these pictures were so pretty... I am on another blog and a recent bride shared her photos. The restaurants in the photos are the ones I spoke about in previous posts.  The individual men/women photos were at the French Restaurant, 'Brassiere', and the group photos on the terrace outdoor balcony looking area was the Caribe Restaurant.  I am hoping it works and you can take a peek.   http://organicphoto.smugmug.com/Other/Emily/18221010_BKBCJW  password is emilyian45

Happy Planning future brides, you will love the Barcelo, the resort and property is absolutely gorgeous, a little slice of heaven actually.

I saw these Lynn.  Thanks for posting for everyone here!  I think I was more focused on the fact that the photographers were cheaper than what I have been finding anywhere else!

Originally Posted by LynnP View Post

Hey ladies, you all have been so helpful!  Hopefully this link will work, these pictures were so pretty... I am on another blog and a recent bride shared her photos. The restaurants in the photos are the ones I spoke about in previous posts.  The individual men/women photos were at the French Restaurant, 'Brassiere', and the group photos on the terrace outdoor balcony looking area was the Caribe Restaurant.  I am hoping it works and you can take a peek.   http://organicphoto.smugmug.com/Other/Emily/18221010_BKBCJW  password is emilyian45

Happy Planning future brides, you will love the Barcelo, the resort and property is absolutely gorgeous, a little slice of heaven actually.

Hi Lynn P. Yes, I went with a noon wedding.  I wasn't happy about it initially, but my travel agent says it gets pretty hot there, so that would be an ok time. I am just going to have to put together a fun itinerary to pass the time :-) We are a pretty young crowd so I don't think anyone will be too opposed to getting the party started early.  (Unless they have hangovers from the night before!) We are flying out of Detroit, and Delta had the only direct flight, plus the $ back was pretty enticing. I'm trying to find a cool way to spend it that will be fun for everyone there!  I still have yet to book a photographer and a hair stylist.  I am skeptical about booking someone there that I have never dealt with. Any suggestions?

Hi 419Soon2BBride, 

I have read some reviews and from what has been posted, brides have not been pleased with the hotels hair and make up.  On recommendation (from another bride from this site) she recommended Adrian Guerra (adriang1224@gmail.com).  I have booked him for our wedding.  So far I am very pleased with working with him.  He responds to emails very quickly, he is on facebook and has posted some of his work.  I'm from Toronto, Canada and his prices also seem reasonable.  For the bride its $300 (trial hair, trial airbrush make-up, wedding day hair and wedding day air brush make-up).  A lot of brides on here highly recommend him! 

As for a photographer...brides have not been happy with the hotels quality either.  If you bring an outside photographer there is a fee (either $300 or you pay 2 nights accommodation for the outside photographer).  Its because the Barcelo hotel has a contract with the photo company on the resort.  I'm not sure what you're budget is....but some brides have booked Claudia from Claudia Photo Studio.  We have booked her husband (Mike) to do our Videography.  My bridesmaid husband is a photography so we are using him (and we luck out because he is staying the week we dont have to pay the fee), but I would have used Claudia if I didn't know a photographer.  She also has a website www.claudiaphoto.com.

Both companies wanted a deposit via PayPal.  Very secured.  I was skeptical to use it, but I requested a contract be sent to me from each company.

Hope this helps!

Jessica

Hi 419Soon2BBride :)  When is your wedding?  We are purposely getting married in April because I found two AMAZING photographers that are willing to travel to the Mayan Riviera with us to photograph the wedding at a really resasonable price.  The Barcelo is their favorite resort by far and they've already photographed a number of weddings there.  They have said that they would love to photograph other weddings within the same couple weeks in April, if it worked and then the price of airfare would even be lower.  Right now, we are looking at April 24th :)  Anyhow, if you're interested in more information, I can pass along a whole bunch to you...feel free to email me at katmatt81@hotmail.com.  Oh, and I'm Katie by the way :)

419soon2bBride......... I have looked at Del Sol, the work they show online looks nice.   I am bringing a friend of mine with us, she is doing our photography.  ANd yes, you are going to be in Mexico, the day will be perfect, an all day party why not!! Whats the date?  shots.gif ha ha. As far as your hair style/makeup.. I have spoken with Adrian too.  I am a stylist myself and when you haven't seen someone it can be very nerve racking or a disaster if you do not have a consult or trial.  I am having him do my base makeup (being its airbrush) and I will do the rest.  I have not ever heard of anyone being unsatisfied with him & his team's work.  He does offer a practice, day or two before. Heres his contact info...  adriang1224@gmail.com

An idea for you if you are trying to organize something special for you and your guests, a private catamaran cruise would be fun, if you like to be on the water. I got this info from someone else and he was very nice to deal with.  I think it included lobster dinner, open bar and a stop on a reef if you want to snorkel.  They leave out of Playa del Carmen, and can also organize your transportation from Barcelo to them and back, very helpful!!!!!!!! Heres his email peter@puertoaventurassailingcharters.com   Best wishes!