Hello lovelys, can anyone help me on this one? I have read on some of the other forums that you can't have family/relatives be your witnesses. Is this the case at the BM Palace? I thought we could have anyone and we have asked FI's brother and sister and then two friends. I have emailed Victoria and waiting for a reply. Has anyone else had family as their witnesses? Many thanx

Hello Ladies!

My name's Sarah (I'm a newb) and I'm getting married at the Barceló Maya Palace on February 21, 2011!

I'm wondering if anyone has the contact information for Adrian Guerra for hair and makeup?  Iâ€ve read that he is highly recommended but I canâ€t seem to find his contact information.

Originally Posted by emily41242 View Post

We are planning to do the Mint Breeze package.  Does anyone know if the actual meal lasts for three hours??  If our wedding ceremony is at 4:00, what time do you recommend for dinner?  I'm hoping to also have a dance part to the reception, any insight?

I don't think the actual meal lasts for 3 hours, so you would have time for some dancing after you eat. You can also add on extra hours to your reception (I think it's an additional $12 per person per hour) We are having our ceremony at 4:00 and our reception at 6:30. I am hoping this is enough time for pictures in between, but it will also be getting dark at that time. Hopefully this helps!

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

Hello lovelys, can anyone help me on this one? I have read on some of the other forums that you can't have family/relatives be your witnesses. Is this the case at the BM Palace? I thought we could have anyone and we have asked FI's brother and sister and then two friends. I have emailed Victoria and waiting for a reply. Has anyone else had family as their witnesses? Many thanx

I asked my w/c and she said it can be anyone over the age of...18 I think? I asked if it could be family and she said yes

Does anyone know which beach is the best location for a beach reception?  Does anyone have pictures of the options?  I have called Barcelo twice and e-mailed Karen (who apparently is on vacation) 7 times without getting anywhere.  I talked to Shaid as well as Victoria on the phone, both of which told me they would e-mail me the pictures of the various beaches right away and I have not gotten them.  I even stayed on the phone with Victoria until after she hit send on her computer but I still have not gotten the photos. I am extremely frustrated because I need to order invitations for my January 7, 2011 wedding ASAP and Barcelo is making it very hard for me to get the necessary information together to get this done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsG View Post

Does anyone know which beach is the best location for a beach reception?  Does anyone have pictures of the options?  I have called Barcelo twice and e-mailed Karen (who apparently is on vacation) 7 times without getting anywhere.  I talked to Shaid as well as Victoria on the phone, both of which told me they would e-mail me the pictures of the various beaches right away and I have not gotten them.  I even stayed on the phone with Victoria until after she hit send on her computer but I still have not gotten the photos. I am extremely frustrated because I need to order invitations for my January 7, 2011 wedding ASAP and Barcelo is making it very hard for me to get the necessary information together to get this done.

Hey sorry to hear ur having all these problems the beach Is called playa azul and it's at the far end of the barcelos on the beach side of things ( they take a trolly thing to get u there ) anyways I don't have any pictures but if u go to google and type unofficial barcelo Maya fourm there's a wedding section that has alot of pictures ! With this location I know the use kim03 had her wedding there and her pics were amaZing ! Good luck hope this helps

My mom and I were talking just yesterday about how hiring Adrian Guerra was probably one of the best decisions we made. You underestimate what the humidity will do and he uses an airbrush makeup machine that makes your makeup stay on all day and night. Adrian's makeup will also photograph much better than the average stuff you use. And he will do a trial run with you, so you know exactly what will happen on your wedding day.

Here is Adrian Guerra's contact info:

adriang1224@gmail.com

http://www.stylingtriorivieramaya.com/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah_2011 View Post

Hello Ladies!

My name's Sarah (I'm a newb) and I'm getting married at the Barceló Maya Palace on February 21, 2011!

I'm wondering if anyone has the contact information for Adrian Guerra for hair and makeup?  Iâ€ve read that he is highly recommended but I canâ€t seem to find his contact information.

Hey girls! I need some help... how is everyone booking their rooms? Are you going straight to the hotel?? I am having a hard time with this. Did you WC help you?

I need to book asap to confirm my wedding date but don't know if I should go straight to the hotel and book a flight separate or if I should book a package deal

Any help you can give would be great! Thanks girls :-)