Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
Thank you Cara, this does help :) I have something, nothing I wrote personally though. If we end up not using it, just like you, I'd be fine with that too... I just don't want that awkward silence either! lol Also, I'd rather not have my personal vows running through my head, stressing me out. I'd like to be surprised and do the least amount of talking, then it would be more genuine and I won't be plagued with anxiety of getting my 'lines' right! I have Gabriela as a coordinator and have not heard from her in months! I spoke to Claudia over the phone yesterday and asked her to make notes of some of the things we would like to confirm, I'm pretty patient and easy going but with it coming up in a few weeks I'm getting anxious, it's so nice to know that it all works out :) It's funny because Claudia said that she would have Gabriela email me menu options 'today' as in yesterday, its too funny that 'today' in Mexico usually means 'in the possible futur' lol By the way, your back looks gorgeous in your profile pic!

Thank you,
Barbara
No problem! I know I was the same way, I always thought it would be nice to say our own thing, but I get major anxiety when i have to speak in front of people and I didn't want to have to stress about that either. I just wanted to enjoy the day. So in a way it was nice that it didn't work out for our personal vows. lol. We read them to eachother when we got back from the wedding.
Haha I know what you mean, Mexican time is totally different!
Thanks for the comment on my profile pic! :)
And diamondpooch- thank you also! :)

Cara

Hello Ladies! I just posted Roxy and John's album on our Vendor Marketplace thread, but thought I would add it here too. :) They were married at the Palace in October of 2009. I'll will be posting a ton more individual shots that didn't make it into the album soon too. If you click on the first one, it will open up in a pop up and you can scroll through all of them. :)

Michelle

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondpooch View Post
congrats Michelle! Feels good, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post
Michelle congrats on booking! U must be so relieved! I feel like everyone is miles ahead of me. Just changing jobs recently wasn't the best of ideas time wise! Michelle can you PM me with the booking details, which TA you used and such? Thanks a million and congrats again!
Hell yeh it feels SO good, lol...

Yes i feel so relieved it's now finally booked. Can't wait to confirm our wedding date now :o) Have PM you....

Artistique - Those photos are STUNNING. I love them. Such a beautiful place to get married. I can't wait!

Hi All, I just returned from my wedding last night. I had such a wonderful experience, I couldn't wait to post my review. Here we go:

Customs in Mexico- We had a total of 3 suitcases and 2 carry-ons each (1 being my dress). I was so worried that customs was going to question me on my "welcome bag" items and favors-- i packed all of that stuff together in one large suitcase. I sent my dress down the belt first, and then that suitcase. They new it was for my wedding so they just asked what the value of the items were. I made an invoice i was prepared to show them but didn't have to. I told them $100, they asked me to press the "button" i got a green light and was on my way.

Barcelo Maya Palace, Check in- We arrived about an hour before check in, our room was ready and we were all set in an Ocean view room, no ocean front rooms were available at the time. There was a huge Pfizer conference going on so they were totally booked. Good thing was that since everyone was in meetings all day no one was on the beach or pool.

Wedding Coordinator- Victoria (email), Karen (on-site)

There was not very much communication on Victoria's part prior to us arriving. So, I took it upon myself to email details of our plans for the week and wedding details. She did help put together the reservation for our Rehearsal Dinner before we arrived. There was a SLIGHT miscommunication regarding us wanting a LEGAL wedding. Karen contacted our room phone within 30mins of us arriving in our room. We planned to meet at 9.30am the next morning. There was a little more paperwork that we had to go through, I had the impression that could have been done beforehand if the Legal wedding thing was clear. But it was no big deal and Karen was excellent and efficient. One suggestion i have for those doing a legal wedding- make sure you complete the customs forms CLEAR- no cross outs or write overs. There was a slight issue with us getting the DAY/MONTH/YEAR thing wrong on the form but, Karen was great and figured it out. We had our blood work done later that day and Karen met with the judge the next day. Planning- we went over locations, flowers, cocktail hour, etc. We did it all within 2 hours and Karen put us at ease from the start. I can be a bit over anxious but she knew what she was doing. she had print outs of my many emails and was just super confident and i felt good leaving her.

Concierge- We had a "Parents Dinner" where the 6 of us went to eat at the French Restaurant. We also gave our parents "private romantic beach dinners" as gifts- it was the first time either of our parents left the country so we wanted to do something special for each of them. The concierge was amazing at helping us arrange every and anything.

Rehearsal Dinner- We had it the night before the wedding, at the Caribbean Restaurant. We had 20 total guests with us, including 2 kids- they sat us at 2 tables of 10. It was a lot of fun and the service was EXCELLENT! 2 of our guests stayed at the Tropical and we had to pay $15pp for them to dine with us, no problem. After dinner we head to the Lobby bar for toasts, etc., a security guard took note of the wristbands of our Tropical guests and gave us a problem when we were passing out champagne toasts and would not let them partake. We had to take it up with the Front Desk- they cleared it up quick for us and let them drink/stay with us in the lobby bar for the rest of the evening.

Spa- I had my manicure done the afternoon before the wedding. note, it took over an hour and was $55usd. It was super relaxing and came out really pretty. Hair- my sister/MOH, mother and 1 of my BMs had their hair done- not sure by who but, all 3 came out beautiful and took about 45mins for each. Relaxing message with package- WONDERFUL. we did it in the Spa bc it was so hot and it was so great- i even fell asleep. My hair and make up was done by one of my BMs, lucky me- she is a GREAT hair and make up artist.

Wedding Day- Hubby and I decided to sleep separately the night before. it was so fun running around the resort trying to hide from each other. I dropped off my maraca favors, raffia fans, bubbles and postcards (for guestbooks) at the WC office. Karen wasn't there but someone called her for me and we went over everything by phone and she reassured me everything would be ok- and she would have everything set up.

Photography- we went with Photo Caribbean. We decided to go with the 100 photo package and requested TWO photographers- i wanted back up since i wasnt super impressed with them. we didn't want to go through the trouble of hiring an outside vendor and really liked the idea that the package came with a videographer and we were able to leave the resort with EVERYTHING. Photographers/videographer came right on time at 4pm. we took pics for about 30/40mins they headed to the ceremony site and got pics of the site and groomsmen. In all, i was sooooooo impressed with their photos and video. everything came out great. i was weary bc i wasnt totally happy with their website but they blew me away. Cecilio and Noel were my photographers. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!

Ceremony (5pm)- Karen met the GMs and groom at 4.30pm at Coral beach (beach area in front of coral grill). TOTALLY recommend beach site for wedding- its in between palm trees, totally private, and directly overlooks the ocean, it was breathtaking. Karen gave them a brief rehearsal and then came and picked myself and the girls up in my room at 4.50pm (in a stretch golf cart, so cute!). she set us up to walk out from the gazebo down to the beach. We chose the violinist- it was beautiful. For the legal wedding we were married by a judge. He spoke perfect english and the ceremony was wonderful, it was as if we knew him. we had one reading done (hand ceremony) and we also said our own vows. The judge incorporated all of this so smoothly. it was such a touching ceremony. the ceremony was about 30mins. we had a champagne toast and took group pics then couple pics.

Cocktail Hour (6.30pm)- On terrace off of the lobby. We debated about when this should start but we wanted to enjoy it with our guests so we figured if ppl had time to kill they can just hang out at the bar. We chose the Open bar, Mexican package and Mariachi Band (we had them arrive at 6.45). This was the best choice we made. we arrived, after pics right as the Mariachi band came in. THEY WERE AMAZING, and really got the party started. They were singing to the female guests, dancing with everyone, just a really good time. The cocktails were strong and worth the open bar option- it was a FULL bar. Something Karen did that blew me away- i didnt ask for a signature drink (just didnt put thought into it), and the Guests were greeted with Turquoise drinks upon arrival, they tasted good and looked great in pics. There was even non-alcoholic ones for the 2 kids.

Reception- Palmeras Grill. Because of the conference going on none of the conference rooms were available so we were set up at Palmeras. It was so nice. I didnt worry about a thing with setting up. our tables were set, with turq ribbon going across tables, maracas at place settings. She even used the extra fans we had to dress up the head table and guestbook table. We were all greeted with Apple Martinis- such a cute touch. we used our ipod instead of a DJ. I, very methodically, put together playlists and it was perfect. ALL my guests were dancing the entire time. Carlos was our head waiter. he was EXCELLENT. First thing he said was "i will be here to do anything you need, you wont have to worry about a thing, under one condition... everytime someone shakes your maracas for a kiss, they will have to take a shot of Tequila." It was GREAT, and boy did the Tequila shots flow... We had the Mint breeze package and went with the pesto chicken for the main course, it was phenomenal, as was all the food. We did not upgrade the cake- and it ended up being enough for all and there was a lot left over (we had 20 guests).

We went to the discotheque after but hoped we would have just went to the lobby bar. the disco was not our scene (too many strobe lights).

All in all, many of our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. My parents were the most doubtful of the whole DW idea but had the time of their life. My biggest word of advice, do what makes you and your Fiance happy. We have no regrets, our wedding was so totally us and we had the best time of our lives. Karen was AMAZING. i was soo super relaxed and was able to enjoy every minute of our wedding bc she was so on top of every detail. I was at Barcelo for a total of 10 days and wish it never ended. Goodluck to you all. PM or email (elisha.phil@gmail.com) me any questions. Sorry i dont know how to post pics. Sorry this is long, the end.

elisha0607 - your wedding sounds exactly like we want to have ours! I loved reading your review. We want our ceremony and reception at those same 2 places and will be using the resort photographer as well. I was so glad to read how happy you were with the photography because I am not impressed with their website either. Feeling a littler nervous about usung them. Would really love to see some pictures from your wedding!!