Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsC-to-Be View Post
NRLanders- Great review, thanks for all the Info..
Quick question, your photographer- Octavio Montes, is that the reseort photographer?
Octavio Montes was not the resort photographer. His prices were the lowest I saw and he did a fantastic job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexico_2011 View Post
Loved reading your review! I am getting married at Barcelo in March 2011...so excited! You said you had your reception at Playa Azul...where is that exactly?? And for the ceremony - is Coral Beach the beach in front of the Palace?
Coral Beach is at the Palace and Playa Azul is on the other end of the resort by the Maya Beach. We had to take the trolley to get there. I posted some pictures of both locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bride2b10 View Post
Thanks for the fantastic review. Do you know - did they just call ahead to organize that little surprise @ coco bongo? Did you do any sort of pre-arranged "party bus" type thing or just showed up?
We did not do the pre-arranged party bus. We had 12 people and we were able to all fit in a cab together. They didn't call ahead for the surprise. One of the groomsmen talked to the bartender and asked if there was anything they could do for us since we were getting married the next day. It was so much fun!!!!!

Ah thank you so much for sharing, you look so beautiful!

As much as this site has been brilliant, I seriously think I need to stop reading reviews and looking at albums as I cry everytime (ahhpy teas imagining it wsa me!), LOL!!

NSLanders (sorry I don't know your real name), I loved your make up, what products did you have the makeup lady use? Did it hold up well for the heat? Looks like it did, looks grogeous in the pics.

Also, did you pay additional for the cocktail hour? If so how much?

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRLanders View Post
I organized a few pictures for you all! Some of the photos are from my photographer and some are not. I also added some day time photos of our ceremony and reception site.

Hope you enjoy! :-)

Picasa Web Albums - nrlanders
Your photos are lovely! You look beautiful. I love your hair very pretty! Thanx for sharing x

My wedding is less than a month away!!! Yikes!

I have a question about vows... Do they provide you with them, or do you have to prepare something? I had found something on this forum, but was wondering how to provide it to the judge ahead of time, or are they just that good at 'winging' it? Please help!! What did you ladies do for vows?

Thanks!!

Hello!!

It all depends on what you would like to do for your vows. They will let you say your own vows if you choose to do so, but if not they will do the standard vows for you.

My husband and I were planning all along to write our own vows. But the day before we left for mexico I couldn't print them off, and we decided to go with the standard vows after that. We changed it up with the wedding coordinator when we got there, which I was worried about because I thought they may still think we're saying our own vows, and they'd hold the mike up to me asking me to say my vows and there'd be an awkward silence, but it worked out perfectly and the minister knew that we were saying the standard vows and they were beautiful.

Hope that helps!

Cara

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraW View Post
Hello!!

It all depends on what you would like to do for your vows. They will let you say your own vows if you choose to do so, but if not they will do the standard vows for you.

My husband and I were planning all along to write our own vows. But the day before we left for mexico I couldn't print them off, and we decided to go with the standard vows after that. We changed it up with the wedding coordinator when we got there, which I was worried about because I thought they may still think we're saying our own vows, and they'd hold the mike up to me asking me to say my vows and there'd be an awkward silence, but it worked out perfectly and the minister knew that we were saying the standard vows and they were beautiful.

Hope that helps!

Cara
Thank you Cara, this does help :) I have something, nothing I wrote personally though. If we end up not using it, just like you, I'd be fine with that too... I just don't want that awkward silence either! lol Also, I'd rather not have my personal vows running through my head, stressing me out. I'd like to be surprised and do the least amount of talking, then it would be more genuine and I won't be plagued with anxiety of getting my 'lines' right! I have Gabriela as a coordinator and have not heard from her in months! I spoke to Claudia over the phone yesterday and asked her to make notes of some of the things we would like to confirm, I'm pretty patient and easy going but with it coming up in a few weeks I'm getting anxious, it's so nice to know that it all works out :) It's funny because Claudia said that she would have Gabriela email me menu options 'today' as in yesterday, its too funny that 'today' in Mexico usually means 'in the possible futur' lol By the way, your back looks gorgeous in your profile pic!

Thank you,
Barbara