ANY MAY 2011 BRIDES WANT TO SHARE A PHOTOGRAPHER??

We have a tentative date of May 6th 2011 booked for our wedding at the Barcelo Maya Palace.

I am currently researching photographers in the US, and investigating flying someone and their assistant in. Believe it or not it can actually work out about the same price as hiring someone local, and I think I'd feel more comfortable without the language barrier!

Is anyone getting married within that same time frame that would like to share a photographer?

Joanne

Joanne,

I am flying my photog in from where I live, but my wedding isn't until the end of May. Unless you wanted to move it to May 27th! I'm sure he would love to do two weddings that weekend! I would just have him on Saturday and Sunday for my TTD session. He could be available to you on Friday though. Would that work?

Oh diamondpooch that would have been great but we can't do late May as our best man has another wedding at the end of May that he needs to be home for. But thank you so much for the offer!

So how did it work getting a photographer from home? Do you pay all expenses for them and their partner? On top of that is there still a high charge for services?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post
Oh diamondpooch that would have been great but we can't do late May as our best man has another wedding at the end of May that he needs to be home for. But thank you so much for the offer!
So how did it work getting a photographer from home? Do you pay all expenses for them and their partner? On top of that is there still a high charge for services?
Well, I think I got spoiled :) My photog is charging me the same to fly down there, plus he is paying his own airfare and giving me a free TTD session. All I have to do is pay for his room for two nights. I got pretty lucky. I think he is looking forward to having this for his portfolio too. We are so thankful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post
Hello Barcelo Brides!! I just had an email from Xhail confirming my request for a wedding at the Palace on May 6th 2011. I am so excited! Now that we have a date and resort picked, I think i will be on here every day!!

To start with I do have a question I was hoping you could answer .... does the resort provide any table top decorations or do you have to bring everything yourself? Including vases, candle holders, runners, etc .....

Thanks you so much ladies and I'm sure over the next 11 months I'll get to know you all quite a bit!
Hi! I just got back from my May 29th ceremony! It was amazing. I brought most of my own table top decor, shells, votives, maracas etc... They DID provide the table runners and they provided the glass vases which I used to drown the silk orchids I brought with me. You could not tell the flowers were silk once they were under water and their prices for real orchids were outrageous. For cymbidium orchids, It was $25.00 a bloom, not $25.00 per stem but $25.00 for each orchid I wanted in the bouquet, (we went with green hydrangeas instead which were not extra charge and looked very pretty).. I bought the rose petals there, I think they were $15.00 a bag for petals to be strewn down the aisle and on the tables. I think if you have something very specific in mind, you'll want to email pics to the WC and see what they can provide, but would be prepared to bring your own items....:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondpooch View Post
MoBride I want more details!!! I look forward to your review and some pics! Was it a pain to bring all your stuff down therehuh.gif?
Hey there! I need to get on that review, it's crazy but I only have one pic on my camera from that day...I'm waiting on some teaser pics from the photog and on others to share some pics with me! Really, it wasn't too much trouble to bring the items with me. We had one 25 in suitcase that we checked which had all our favors and decor in it. I gave the whole suitcase to Victoria at our meeting. The only thing I didn't bring with me were maracas. They sell them at the resort for 4-6 dollars a piece depending on size, however my MIL went in the Playa and bargained and got them for $1 a piece for the large size. The resort also provided the glass vases to drown the flowers in. I brought the programs, palm fans, rose petal cones, votives, shells and larger candles as well as 1/2 of the items for my OOT bags. My sister brought the remaining items with her. If you have someone who has extra room in their suitcases, it really helps. I'm sure we would have been over the weight limit if she had not helped us out. We flew American which allowed us 2 checked bags per person as well as a carry on and a personal item. We took full advantage of this. I had a large beach tote which served as my personal item and it was filled! The dress was the carry on for me of course and John had a carry on. Total, we had 6 pieces of luggage including the dress. I found the American Airlines staff very helpful and was able to hang my dress in the captain's closet on all 4 flights (we had connections in dallas both ways). We had no trouble getting through customs, green lights :) it was like they saw me struggling with this huge dress bag and knew what is was for and took pity on mewink.gif Honestly, things could not have gone smoother. I'll post more thoroughly soon!