Uninvited Guests!!! Ugh Please Help!!!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
  • Banned
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:51 PM

So, 2 of my sisters friends have basically invited themselves to our wedding in Mexico. I am somewhat friends with these girls as well, so I suppose it's ok. Since we are booking as a group, and the room rates are based on double-occupancy, I am worried about the weird-o boyfriends they will want to bring. (They always have some new loser they are dating) Here's my question: Is there a "nice" clear way to request(since they are both friends) that they room together due to limited space, and that this is a private wedding with only family and close friends? This may sound terrible, but we're kind of hoping they will be bummed that they can't bring the boyfriends and decide not to go at all. And if they do decide to go, it's fine with me, just NO outside weird-o boyfriends. Anyone have any good wording ideas, or advice?? :) Thanks!

#2 Kat81

Kat81
    • VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:57 PM

Just tell them exactly what you just wrote except without the loser and weird lol. Just be upfront and say the reception is only planned for x amount of people and while you don't mind them coming you just want people you know there. You don't mind them rooming together and that way they can still get their double occupancy. If they don't like it, just like you said, they just won't come.

#3 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:22 PM

I agree- honesty is the best policy. They should understand. If they don't then they are losers like their BFs. :)

Remind them that weddings are expensive- head counts add up. Usually I think it's unreasonable to dictact who people bring to a DW, however they are all friends. They don't need excess company. PLUS they are inviting themselves after all.
        Happily married since 2008

#4 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:31 PM

i think since they weren't really invited, you can definately tell them there isn't any more room for boyfriends.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#5 ErikaSue

ErikaSue
          • 36 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:10 PM

I agree 100%. Just say it in a firm but polite way. This is your wedding and you have got to be your own advocate

#6 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
            • 2,262 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:28 PM

How about saying you've run out of space lol personally I'd say no you're not doing it lol and i've actually done that to friends who decided they'd bring someone I knew but couldn't stand and I told them straight out it wasn't happening - if they wanted to go to Mexico not bothered but they are not invited to the wedding and I don't want to even see them lol

If you are a lot more subtle than I am, which wouldn't be hard lol, just point out that you are limited on numbers

#7 lucy106

lucy106
              • 2,880 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:52 PM

People are so nervey...

I agree to tell them that you really want a private affair and so their are no "and guests" invited.

#8 Copita

Copita
                • 979 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:58 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Davematthews16
                  Is there a "nice" clear way to request(since they are both friends) that they room together due to limited space, and that this is a private wedding with only family and close friends? This may sound terrible, but we're kind of hoping they will be bummed that they can't bring the boyfriends and decide not to go at all. And if they do decide to go, it's fine with me, just NO outside weird-o boyfriends. Anyone have any good wording ideas, or advice?? :) Thanks!
                  OOH WEE!!! Here we go again... my FAVORITE TOPIC!
                  It absolutely PISSES ME OFF that people want to just hop along for hte ride to our DW weddings! It's so disrespectful.
                  yes it's a resort/hotel but it's also a WEDDING.
                  What I did, after getting requests from friends about their cousin's aunt's uncle's friend's mother's brother wanting to come was say firmly (after totally losing my sh*!!!!!).................
                  It's a wedding. We are paying PER PERSON, so I'm sorry but the wedding is only exclusive to those we gave invitations to.

The end.

Good luck and stick to your guns, woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BE STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 SharlaScott

SharlaScott
                  • 74 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 10:35 PM

I definitely think sticking to the truth is your best option! We aren't having that problem with our DW but our AHR is completely messed up. People that we sent an invitation to for a RSVP of 2 are RSVP'ing for 6 and sometimes 7!!! It's ridiculous and rude...

GOOD LUCK GIRL! :)
                    Sharla & Scott

#10 KLC77

KLC77
                    • 2,207 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:35 PM

I totally agree... what you said in your post actually didn't sound bad at all (minus the loser/ weirdo part lol). People have some nerve...
                      ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users