Photo

January 2009 Brides Post Here

• Please log in to reply
860 replies to this topic

#761 Mrs.Captain

Mrs.Captain
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:16 PM

OMG, 5 more sleeps and then we're on an airplane to Mexico!!! I'm so excited. I'm glad to see everyone everything going pretty well for all the other January brides. Congratulations to everyone!

Jen
    Jennifer & David
    January 22, 2009
    Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya, Mexico

http://i411.photobuc....100_4747-1.jpg

#762 teacherbride

teacherbride
    • 354 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:53 PM

Have any of you ever had a day where you just want to sleep until your wedding day?

Today was a brutal day for me! School was rough. Came home, and was exhausted but I had to get off the couch to go to my nail appointment. I figured I should make the best of it so I stopped at Starbucks on the way only to find two ladies who were both training and had no idea what they were doing! I then got to my appointment and there was only one lady working and she was far from ready to start on my appointment, plus the salon was disgustingly dirty. They also only booked half my appointment, I'd still have to go out and get a pedicure!!! I decided to go with my gut and leave politely. When I said I'd have to leave and find a place that could do the whole appointment the lady was super rude to me.

I think all of this is amplified by the fact that it's -39 degrees here right now! I just want to be in Cuba already!

~connie

#763 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:42 AM

That sucks Connie!! I wish you a better day today!
        I thought yesterday was your legal day?? Or is that today?
        I hate trying to find a decent place to get spa services! That's why I'm driving an hour tomorrow to get my hair & nails done! Since I moved I haven't been had a chance to go find a good place so I'm going back to my old spa/salon. It's worth the hour drive to me knowing that my hair will be what I want!!
        I actually walked into a salon/spa...stood at the counter for 5 mins & when nobody had even said hi to me I turned around & left...with still no acknowledgment that I was even there! WOW! I was floored!

#764 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,921 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:45 AM

Connie, you definately don't want to get your nails done in a place that is disgusting! It is supposed to be a treat or a luxury!

It is -19 DEGREES here right now! Yuck.

#765 teacherbride

teacherbride
          • 354 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:43 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by BachataBride
            That sucks Connie!! I wish you a better day today!
            I thought yesterday was your legal day?? Or is that today?
            Legal days was Sunday, still waiting for pictures from my sister and I'll be able to post the highlights!

#766 BachataBride

BachataBride
            • Banned
            • 9,310 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:03 PM

Oh geez...I'm such a spaz!!! I can't keep anything straight these days!! Did I wish you a happy legal day??!! If not, HAPPY LEGAL DAY!!!

#767 KLC77

KLC77
              • 2,207 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:08 PM

Hi Girls!

Im still in Mexico, but the weather is blah today so I thought Id catch up and see how my January brides are doing. Our wedding was fabulous! It couldnt have been more perfect. We even had a full moon that night. The weather for the rest of our stay isnt looking as good. Oh well, who cares? We┬┤re in Mexico! Ill be home Saturday and will update you more. Good luck to everyone who is heading out for their weddings. Im sure they will all be fabulous!
                ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#768 BachataBride

BachataBride
                • Banned
                • 9,310 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:12 PM

YAY KELLY!!! It's so great to hear from you...I was actually thinking about you today - wondering how everything was going!! Shitty about the weather! But at least you're not having to deal with the snow!! I'd take a mediocre day on the beach instead of a snow day in Canada ANY DAY!!!
                  I can't wait to get a FULL report when you get home - or I guess when I get home!!

#769 saraece

saraece
                  • 289 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:40 PM

I finally posted pics yesterday but can't edit the thread title to say pics included, but check them out if you like.

http://bestdestinati.../forum/t34663-2
                    Like our first kiss all over again

#770 Mrs.Captain

Mrs.Captain
                    • 156 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:45 PM

You definitely do not want to get treatments at a dirty spa. That's nasty. I remember a news show on that recently and the different diseases you can pick up from it. Good for you for finding somewhere else. I'm lucky I work at a hotel with a Spa (that's clean) and I know all the practitioners, so that's where I'm getting my appointments done. It doesn't hurt that I also get a discount :)
                      Jennifer & David
                      January 22, 2009
                      Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya, Mexico

http://i411.photobuc....100_4747-1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users