Photo

January 2009 Brides Post Here

• Please log in to reply
860 replies to this topic

#61 KLC77

KLC77
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:50 PM

Problem is I have no idea what I want. Oh, and good point about the holidays being busy. I didn't even think about that. I guess I should head to the store to try to figure out what I like and then go from there.
    ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#62 Dez921714

Dez921714
    • 1,489 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:44 AM

you can look online too. I just googled wedding bands and went there already having an idea and we worked from there. I think that made it a lot easier than going there blind.

We're getting FI a tungsten ring. Wedding Rings, Wedding Bands & Diamond Engagement Rings @ Jewelry Vortex has a video where they show them filing a gold ring with a metal file and then a tungsten ring...not a single scratch on the tungsten...so we're going with that for him lol
      http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#63 ehegwer

ehegwer
      • 139 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:29 AM

I've heard that you should send out invitations for destination weddings at least 4 months in advance. I think that the longer guests have to reply, the better.

I know that when I'm booked for a destination wedding (usually 6-8 months in advance) the very first thing I do is make travel arrangements.

The more time I have to plan for travel, the better, and I'm sure it is the same for guests.

E

#64 nicoleandscott

nicoleandscott
        • 397 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:32 PM

hello hello!

well, i just stumbled upon this thread, and i LOVE it! it's like an accountability/support group/timeline for january brides. after reading through the posts, i need to get moving on some things....!

here's my info:

engaged: December 31, 2007 (new year's eve surprise!)
          ceremony date/time: January 3, 2009 (4:45pm)
          location: sheraton hacienda del mar in cabo san lucas, mexico
          invitations have been sent to cabo guests (a month or two ago? - the time literally FLEW by!)
          my dress: bought in BCBG store (been hanging in my closet for several months!! yay!!)
          bmaids' dresses: ordered and received from jcrew (as well as accompanying sashes)
          groom and groomsmen attire: this was delegated to the father of the groom! i should probably check up on that....
          wedding rings: ordered and received (i need to get the date engraved on his band!)
          WC hired: Katie Thompson WIP
          photographer/videographer: booked! need to make lists of what pictures wanted and with whom!
          ceremony music: acoustic guitarist hired...need to make song selections
          ceremony decor: need to decide on chair cover color; ordered rose petals for aisle
          ceremony flowers: undecided...this needs to be done!
          IMPORTANT: need to check into legal ceremony in Texas!
          reception: all details need to be planned with FMIL! (future in-laws are funding this reception in place of the rehearsal dinner, and my family is funding the at-home reception)
          OOT gifts: brainstorming continues...need to nail down specifics
          transportation in cabo: needs to be arranged!

at-home reception: January 9, 2009
          invitations ordered and received for at-home reception. these will be sent out about 6-8 weeks beforehand...maybe a little earlier due to holiday season
          music: decided upon artist...need to finalize details
          decorations: brainstorming...need to finalize!

wedding website: nicoleandscottswedding.com

wellllll, this is just the bare bones of everything. i need to get on top of this stuff, but y'all are so motivating! thanks for the great ideas and keep up the good work!!

#65 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
          • Banned
          • 1,051 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:10 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by nicoleandscott
            hello hello!

well, i just stumbled upon this thread, and i LOVE it! it's like an accountability/support group/timeline for january brides. after reading through the posts, i need to get moving on some things....!

here's my info:

engaged: December 31, 2007 (new year's eve surprise!)
            ceremony date/time: January 3, 2009 (4:45pm)
            location: sheraton hacienda del mar in cabo san lucas, mexico
            invitations have been sent to cabo guests (a month or two ago? - the time literally FLEW by!)
            my dress: bought in BCBG store (been hanging in my closet for several months!! yay!!)
            bmaids' dresses: ordered and received from jcrew (as well as accompanying sashes)
            groom and groomsmen attire: this was delegated to the father of the groom! i should probably check up on that....
            wedding rings: ordered and received (i need to get the date engraved on his band!)
            WC hired: Katie Thompson WIP
            photographer/videographer: booked! need to make lists of what pictures wanted and with whom!
            ceremony music: acoustic guitarist hired...need to make song selections
            ceremony decor: need to decide on chair cover color; ordered rose petals for aisle
            ceremony flowers: undecided...this needs to be done!
            IMPORTANT: need to check into legal ceremony in Texas!
            reception: all details need to be planned with FMIL! (future in-laws are funding this reception in place of the rehearsal dinner, and my family is funding the at-home reception)
            OOT gifts: brainstorming continues...need to nail down specifics
            transportation in cabo: needs to be arranged!

at-home reception: January 9, 2009
            invitations ordered and received for at-home reception. these will be sent out about 6-8 weeks beforehand...maybe a little earlier due to holiday season
            music: decided upon artist...need to finalize details
            decorations: brainstorming...need to finalize!

wedding website: nicoleandscottswedding.com

wellllll, this is just the bare bones of everything. i need to get on top of this stuff, but y'all are so motivating! thanks for the great ideas and keep up the good work!!
            Welcome to the thread! I was looking at your "to-do" list and noticed under Photography you need to pick out poses ect. There is an awesome thread in here about a Martha Stewart Planning guide. I didn't use any of it, except her photography planning page. It has all the pose combos, and room to write down poses you don't want to forget. I am TOTALLY bringing it to Mexico with me. I have been searching for 15 minutes and can't find the thread, but I do have it printed at home and I could scan it in if you want it (or you can try and search for it too UGH) Grrr, where is it? :)

#66 nicoleandscott

nicoleandscott
            • 397 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:36 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Davematthews16
              Welcome to the thread! I was looking at your "to-do" list and noticed under Photography you need to pick out poses ect. There is an awesome thread in here about a Martha Stewart Planning guide. I didn't use any of it, except her photography planning page. It has all the pose combos, and room to write down poses you don't want to forget. I am TOTALLY bringing it to Mexico with me. I have been searching for 15 minutes and can't find the thread, but I do have it printed at home and I could scan it in if you want it (or you can try and search for it too UGH) Grrr, where is it? :)
              i'll try to search for it! if it's no trouble, and you want to scan it that would be great! thanks for the tip! :) i need all the help i can get!

#67 Dez921714

Dez921714
              • 1,489 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:16 PM

Oooh, I'll have to search for that picture thread too.

So, my invitations came in today (yes, there were ordered SATURDAY)...anyway, I went to pick them up and I was not happy

I had printed (TYPED) out exactly what I wanted it to say...Caps, spacing, etc...well...they took all but the initial caps out (um...ok, I can deal with taht), and they didn't skip any lines (like to break up the text). I actually said something to them about it (not like me) and the guy was really nice and is going to call the printer. I mean, come on...I PRINTED IT ON PAPER, how can you mess that up?!

Ok, I feel better now :)
                http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#68 KLC77

KLC77
                • 2,207 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:41 PM

Oh Dez, that stinks. I hope they fix it for you.
                  ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#69 akittrell

akittrell
                  • 60 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:43 PM

I'm getting married January 28, 2009. We haven't booked anything yet as our location has been a difficult decision to make.

As of today, we are closeer than ever and may be booking with Sandals Whitehouse. It'll just be the two of us, but we are having a reception in Feb. in our hometown.

So far I've reserved the reception hall at the Church, purchased some of the flowers for the reception & the wedding ceremony itself, and some thank you cards that I got a killer deal on! $1.00 for a pack of 50 at Wal-Mart!!! Oh and I have bought some glass globes and red flower floating candles for the centerpieces at the reception.
                    http://www.tickerclu.../ac28bc59fb.png

http://tickers.Ticke....FOA/weight.png

The below website is a great tool! It's really helped me in my quest to lose weight and live a healthier life!http://img.thedailyp...os/promo_01.jpg

#70 seaprincess

seaprincess
                    • 753 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:24 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by akittrell
                      I'm getting married January 28, 2009. We haven't booked anything yet as our location has been a difficult decision to make.

As of today, we are closeer than ever and may be booking with Sandals Whitehouse. It'll just be the two of us, but we are having a reception in Feb. in our hometown.

So far I've reserved the reception hall at the Church, purchased some of the flowers for the reception & the wedding ceremony itself, and some thank you cards that I got a killer deal on! $1.00 for a pack of 50 at Wal-Mart!!! Oh and I have bought some glass globes and red flower floating candles for the centerpieces at the reception.

Sounds like your making progress wedding date twin! Keep it up!
                      Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users