Jump to content

Photo

January 2009 Brides Post Here


  • Please log in to reply
860 replies to this topic

#561 ToBeMitchell

ToBeMitchell
  • Newbie
  • 67 posts

    Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:31 AM

    Okay I feel totally guilty for not getting on this thread in a while. I get so caught up in my destinations thread (Jamaica) that I forget to check this one. It's sooo nice to have January brides to 'talk' to! So here's what I've done so far- which I sort of got a late start and am still a little behind.

    -Sent our wedding documents to the wedding coordinator

    -Have our attire (FI's wearing shorts- but nice ones!!)

    -Have our rings- but am considering engraving them (any thoughts?)

    -Since we didn't do invitations or save the dates, we ordered Christmas cards that double as announcements (they say- Becky and Andy- to be married 1/17/09)

    -Ordered the following for the OOT bags: dolphin bottle openers, starfish wine stoppers, flip flop shapped playing cards, sun block, asprin and drink mixes- little packets that say 'the perfect mix- andy & becky 1/17/09', cosmo's, just add vodka and water. ***still need to order the bags and disposable cameras and once we're in jamaica we're going to get some local things to throw in. we still need to do a 'welcome letter' and the game instructions- we're going to do the camera game and either a poker run or scavenger hunt the 'would be rehearsal dinner' night.

    *We still need to pick out our music and excursions, and figure out my jewelery/hair/make-up/shoes/underwear (spanx?).

    I'm sure there's a million other things I've forgotten at the moment! Am I forgetting anything major?! Yikes- that's my fear... Forgetting something.

    But it's all coming together slowly but surely. The main thing I'm stressing about is the music. I'm totally lost.. Not a clue what we're going to do. Ah!

    Anyone else feeling a little overwhelmed- especially this time of year?! This cold weather is making me even more excited to be in the Caribbean!!!!

    #562 KLC77

    KLC77
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,207 posts

      Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:29 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ToBeMitchell

      But it's all coming together slowly but surely. The main thing I'm stressing about is the music. I'm totally lost.. Not a clue what we're going to do. Ah!

      Anyone else feeling a little overwhelmed- especially this time of year?! This cold weather is making me even more excited to be in the Caribbean!!!!
      I'm feeling totally overwhelmed. Like I don't even want to think about what we have to get done. The biggest thing we have left is music also. We are using an ipod and have to work on our playlists. Totally not looking forward to it. I'm ready to just get there and forget about everything I'm still supposed to do. I think the fact that we are having to pay for everything now is stressing me out big time! Final payment for my dress, pay for alterations, final payment for the photog, just bought rings, bought FI's outfit, so much money going out! Ha, I just have to remind myself that if we were getting married at home it would've cost double.
      ~Kelly

      Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

      #563 KLC77

      KLC77
      • Sr. Member
      • 2,207 posts

        Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:34 AM

        Amanda~ how was your Bach party? And how did your fitting go?
        ~Kelly

        Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

        #564 nicoleandscott

        nicoleandscott
        • Jr. Member
        • 397 posts

          Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:44 AM

          yayyyyy! i felt creative the other day annnnnd VOILA --> check out post #23 in this thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t27668

          almost can check those off the list...still need to write a welcome letter! :)

          just looked at my ticker and had a mini-freak out. :

          #565 BachataBride

          BachataBride
          • Banned
          • 9,310 posts

            Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:40 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by KLC77
            Amanda~ how was your Bach party? And how did your fitting go?
            The party was sooooo much fun!! We went pole dancing & my arms hurt for 2 days afterwards!! I'm just waiting for my friend to send me her pics (there are some GOOD ones!) and I will post a few!! Keep a look out for my thread!

            The fitting was good too!! I brought my camera, made sure I had makeup on, and my contacts in and then completely forgot to get the seamstress to take a picture!! I know - I'm sorry!!! I will definitely take one when I go to try it on again!! I'm waiting until the 9th of January when my mom gets here. We leave on the 18th - I hope I'm not leaving it too late!! She said it would be no problem to make any changes in that time frame if need be!

            I am starting to freak out a bit myself. I completely forgot about things like getting myself ready to go. Hair trim & highlights, trial updo, gel nails, waxing - it's going to cost me a fortune!!! I have super thick, coarse long hair so getting my hair done is always so much money!! Plus add everything else on to it...oh...and tanning too. Plus my Twinrix shot (and "travel consultation" with the doctor - it's how the squeeze every penny out of you they can!)

            Plus...I have FI's 30th bday coming up the end of Dec. It's a pretty big bday to be celebrating so I'm thinking I have to do something special for it - but I have no idea what & I dont really have the funds for much! Any ideas?? He's working on his actual bday so it would have to be the day before I guess.

            Wow...sorry for the rant! But I know you girls are always great to ramble to!!


            #566 KLC77

            KLC77
            • Sr. Member
            • 2,207 posts

              Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:44 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by BachataBride
              The party was sooooo much fun!! We went pole dancing & my arms hurt for 2 days afterwards!! I'm just waiting for my friend to send me her pics (there are some GOOD ones!) and I will post a few!! Keep a look out for my thread!

              The fitting was good too!! I brought my camera, made sure I had makeup on, and my contacts in and then completely forgot to get the seamstress to take a picture!! I know - I'm sorry!!! I will definitely take one when I go to try it on again!! I'm waiting until the 9th of January when my mom gets here. We leave on the 18th - I hope I'm not leaving it too late!! She said it would be no problem to make any changes in that time frame if need be!

              I am starting to freak out a bit myself. I completely forgot about things like getting myself ready to go. Hair trim & highlights, trial updo, gel nails, waxing - it's going to cost me a fortune!!! I have super thick, coarse long hair so getting my hair done is always so much money!! Plus add everything else on to it...oh...and tanning too. Plus my Twinrix shot (and "travel consultation" with the doctor - it's how the squeeze every penny out of you they can!)

              Plus...I have FI's 30th bday coming up the end of Dec. It's a pretty big bday to be celebrating so I'm thinking I have to do something special for it - but I have no idea what & I dont really have the funds for much! Any ideas?? He's working on his actual bday so it would have to be the day before I guess.

              Wow...sorry for the rant! But I know you girls are always great to ramble to!!
              Glad you had a good time at the party. I didn't take pics at my first fitting either. So, you're forgiven. lol You and I are on the same page. I was adding up all of the things I have to do to get myself ready before we go and boy am I expensive! Waxing and a facial, a haircut, tanning. Geez!
              ~Kelly

              Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

              #567 ToBeMitchell

              ToBeMitchell
              • Newbie
              • 67 posts

                Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:35 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by KLC77
                I'm feeling totally overwhelmed. Like I don't even want to think about what we have to get done. The biggest thing we have left is music also. We are using an ipod and have to work on our playlists. Totally not looking forward to it. I'm ready to just get there and forget about everything I'm still supposed to do. I think the fact that we are having to pay for everything now is stressing me out big time! Final payment for my dress, pay for alterations, final payment for the photog, just bought rings, bought FI's outfit, so much money going out! Ha, I just have to remind myself that if we were getting married at home it would've cost double.
                I hear ya- this is an expensive time for us January Brides!! And stressful and with the holidays...YIKES!!! But your right- it would have been a lot more expensive and certainly not as cool if we all got married in our hometowns! We just have to take it one day, one task at a time.

                I decided against the canvas tote bags and got some nice paper (kaki) ones and will have our monogram stickers on them. (still waiting on the monograms)

                I'm dreading the music too bc I just don't have a clue where to start. So many songs to pick from... Hopefully FI will handle some of this.

                I haven't tried my dress on, figured out what I'm doing with my hair, starting tanning or considered make-up yet. Crap!!! I totally forget ME!

                #568 bakerisacat

                bakerisacat
                • Newbie
                • 52 posts

                  Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:45 AM

                  Ok... EEEEKKKK! It just occurred to me that I will be legally married in 20!!! days, on a flight to Cancun in 21 and have my wedding in 24! Suddenly everything I thought was such an accomplishment last week seems like no where near enough done! I think I have told you Im in management at a retail store... that means next week is non-existent lol, I'll be almost living there. Next Monday (22nd) is my only day off until the monday after (29th), and then the monday after is when my vacation begins (5th) with my legal on the 6th! Whew!

                  Here is my plan:
                  22nd - get our marriage license!!! (talk about last minute)
                  - go in desperate search of a white wool coat
                  - pick up wedding bands
                  - tell FI he better damn well find a white shirt and any sandals because I give up lol
                  - finish the announcements I was supposed to finish the other night hehe
                  - do my final dress fitting (long story about why it didn't happen yesterday... cold weather, ice and cars don't get along to say the least)
                  29th - pay the final amount to our photographer
                  - CLEAN my house (my mom and FMIL are house/cat sitting oh my!!)
                  - RELAX!
                  5th - just chill!
                  -pack!
                  - remember that its all worth it and i will be a married woman the next morning
                  - have a nervous breakdown and then just chill again!

                  Somewhere in there I need to find a waterproof moneybelt for FI. Im super paranoid about my resorts safes and dont want to leave anything important behind. Anyone else worried about that?

                  Anything I forgot lol? I was soooo ready and now am a bit frightened by all of this! I can't wait though

                  #569 BachataBride

                  BachataBride
                  • Banned
                  • 9,310 posts

                    Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:33 AM

                    I'm glad I'm not the only one starting to FREAK!!! I can't believe that it's only one month from tomorrow until we leave!! CRAP!!! (but yay at the same time!!) We got our translated documents in the mail yesterday so I'm going to fax them to the resort today & hopefully everything is ok with them! FI still needs footwear...but that's on him - if he leaves it & has to go barefoot that's tough shit for him!! lol
                    I need to make my hair appt for the wedding day - find tanks & tranfers to iron on for me, FI, MOH & BM. Finish welcome books & figure out how bind them for almost $0!! Finish photo list, create CD (only ceremony songs & then one to bring with us to the disco), convince FI to do a TTD! Get Bubba Kegs for attendants & engrave them, OMG...I have to write my VOWS!!! I am soooo not ready!!!!

                    #570 christenew

                    christenew
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 325 posts

                      Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:58 AM

                      Would anyone like to throw their FI out the window? Last night we went shopping and he still needs to get gifts for his parents. He didn't find anything at the store. So I suggested when we get home to look. He looked for 5 minutes between watching hockey and checking the hockey pool. He made no decision. I am so frustrated. I said he there is only a month left. He says "well a month and a day". I could scream.

                      Then I said have we decided on gifts for our guests. He says ya I thought you were paying for your girls and I was paying for my boys (in relation to golf/spa/excursion). I said yeah but not every guest will come and then only some of them get gifts. He says ok well lets pay for an excursion for everyone. I said lovely $1500. He says oh it costs that much? I want to scream.

                      So right after this he says well we should go to bed. I am still looking on the internet for gift ideas. I turn around and I find him in bed all tucked in. I go in and get in bed. He says goodnight. I dont get guys. He sees no urgency in all this. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

                      Just needed to vent.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users