We are getting married January 19th, at Playa Pesquero in Holguin Cuba.
So far about 20 of our guests have booked and we're thinking probably about 10-20 may still book.
Here's what I've got done so far:
- Booked the resort and confirmed our wedding date.
- Decided on TA
- Sent out invitations (we are not doing separate invitations and STD)
- Created wedding website
- Booked a photographer
- Bought my dress, veil, headband and shoes
- Bought bridesmaids dress (currently rethinking and possibly buying new dresses)
- Picked out Grooms suit (still need to decide on shirt and tie, maybe when we get the BM dresses figured out)
- Started picking out OOT bag contents
I am really excited to start DIY projects and OOT bags. So far I've run into some delays because it's hard to get stuff shipped to Canada and I don't have a very clear idea of how many people are coming.
I'm going to DB this weekend to pick up the dress. Here's hoping it won't need any alterations.
Oh yeah, in the city where I live we have "wedding socials". We've booked a hall, and a DJ and my sister is working on decorations, and I'm gathering tons of donations for the silent auction prizes. We're calling it a Hallowedding social. It's basically a big Halloween party that people buy tickets to. We'll also be having a silent auction and selling drinks. Everyone here has them, people love the party and the bride and groom can end up making a lot of money.
I have started looking at venues for our AHR as well.