Photo

January 2009 Brides Post Here

• Please log in to reply
860 replies to this topic

#411 bakerisacat

bakerisacat
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:59 AM

Hi all! I hope you will let me jump in here :) Our date is January 10, 2009 at the Riu Palace Las Americas! I have almost nothing done... eek! We have been together for a long time and in September just decided to go for it literally. I have my dress, the resort, flights/rooms and thats about it, so Im about to have a breakdown lol!

It is just the 2 of us going, we are going to have a reception when we get back, so it seems like there is not a lot to plan, but Im still getting super nervous! I don't know how you all do it with guests!

Sorry for the long post!

Ashley

#412 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,921 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:26 AM

Well, good news for you- you have everything you really need!
      The man, the place, the tix and the dress! The rest all comes together quickly... except for groom attire. Us January brides seem to have difficulty finding our mens clothes!

#413 nicoleandscott

nicoleandscott
      • 397 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:06 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by kate.com
        Well, good news for you- you have everything you really need!
        The man, the place, the tix and the dress! The rest all comes together quickly... except for groom attire. Us January brides seem to have difficulty finding our mens clothes!
        i second that! finding my fiance...well GETTING him to WANT to find clothes is like pulling teeth. still don't have anything...haha at least i still have 73 days, right? :)

#414 Amarillis

Amarillis
        • 1,913 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:16 PM

So... Wedding planning in my universe continues... I'll have a ton of pics to post sometime really soon, my sister/MOH took a ton for me of all the progress...

Glad to see everyone is a little behind... I feel that way too...

Onward Upward. A loving guest of mine recently remarked.... CUBA IS ONLY FOURTEEN WEEKS AWAY....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Panic set in... Since that time I have been hammering out the details on my flowers, and welcome books...

WOAH this is coming quickly.

And, just to throw in a curve ball... it looks like we don't have bridesmaid dresses... my best friend (who became a first time mother in July) is unable to fit into her dress...

AHHHHH!!!

More to come...

PS>Anyone seen Dez??

#415 BachataBride

BachataBride
          • Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:04 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by nicoleandscott
            i second that! finding my fiance...well GETTING him to WANT to find clothes is like pulling teeth. still don't have anything...haha at least i still have 73 days, right? :)
            If you're pressed for time...order from Island Importer (if you're looking for the semi-casual look). We ordered ours on Sunday & received it on Tuesday morning!! (we paid around $70 for express delivery). And the clothes is FANTASTIC!!! I love it!! FI's going to look so HOT!!!

#416 seaprincess

seaprincess
            • 753 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Amarillis
              So... Wedding planning in my universe continues... I'll have a ton of pics to post sometime really soon, my sister/MOH took a ton for me of all the progress...

Glad to see everyone is a little behind... I feel that way too...

Onward Upward. A loving guest of mine recently remarked.... CUBA IS ONLY FOURTEEN WEEKS AWAY....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Panic set in... Since that time I have been hammering out the details on my flowers, and welcome books...

WOAH this is coming quickly.

And, just to throw in a curve ball... it looks like we don't have bridesmaid dresses... my best friend (who became a first time mother in July) is unable to fit into her dress...

AHHHHH!!!

More to come...

PS>Anyone seen Dez??

Does your best friend need a larger size of dress? They still have your BM dresses in stores in Ottawa and I'd be happy to get one and ship it to you if it helped? Just PM and I'll run out this week and grab it for you!
              Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#417 seaprincess

seaprincess
              • 753 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:13 PM

Yeah! I picked up the GM shirts today! I'll post pics of them in it soon! Slowly knocking things off the to-do list!
                Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#418 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,921 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:21 PM

Good work! I picked up the remainder of the GM/Dad's attire today.
                  Now we just need to find them sandals, we want to get them the Reef sandals with the bottle opener. Trouble is we saw them on sale but can't get ahold of all of their sizes. Wish I wouldnt have seen them on sale, I could order them full price but I cant pull the trigger now!
                  Groom's suit needs to be altered closer to event, needs a dress shirt and tie.. maybe new shoes and belt. I'll do that in december.
                  Other to dos:
                  1. find/order veil
                  2. get dress altered
                  3. make welcome letter
                  4. make tablecloths (aqua blue)
                  5. attendant gifts
                  6. plan ceremony
                  I am sure there is more but that is the big stuff!

#419 Chantal85

Chantal85
                  • 224 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:28 PM

This week, I've picked up the ties for the groomsmen.

I've also ordered my bridesmaids' gifts. I plan on have a girl's sleep over in the honeymoon suite (Fi kicked out for the night of course) where we'll do a girly night of facials and such. To complete my girl's night, I found some personalized Click the image to open in full size.

Still left to do:

-Order my birdcage veil within the next week
                    -Fi needs to get his suit tailored.
                    -Get dress shirt for Fi
                    -Find centerpieces/ table decorations (I'm thinking loose seashells and starfish scattered on the tables)
                    -Create Welcome Letter
                    -Order towels and get embroidered for wedding favors
                    -Breathe...

#420 BachataBride

BachataBride
                    • Banned
                    • 9,310 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:55 PM

Wow...your TTD/Legal Day dress is beautiful!! Congrats on the great find!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users