Photo

January 2009 Brides Post Here

• Please log in to reply
860 replies to this topic

#341 Chantal85

Chantal85
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 08:10 PM

Good job Seaprincess! I hope your shower is extra fun!

I just had two, one with my former coworkers and a surprise one my mom and maid of honor threw for me when I was recently in back east to visit them (I cried for the first half hour because I'm not good with surprises haha). It was full of games with sexual innuendo, WINE, hot tubs and people being thrown in the pool!

Our invites went out in July and we now have 19 people booked with a few stragglers left.

We are getting ready to move so we're holding back on ordering our favors (embroidered beach towels!).

For our guest book, we are going to have everyone save their boarding pass from the plane trip and we will put it together in a scrapbook.

My bridesmaid dresses should be coming in October...and hopefully my dress too!

Cheers to all the January brides for getting the bulk of the job done! Here's to 3 1/2 months till the white sand beaches!

#342 morenaindc

morenaindc
    • 221 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:04 PM

Will you post a pic of your orchard wall seaprincess?

#343 robinbood

robinbood
      • 97 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:00 AM

Thanks everyone for the rsvp input!!!

#344 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,921 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:21 PM

well... didnt register last night as planned but did find my FI's suit and pants for the GM. Over half way there! Wooowhooo!

#345 seaprincess

seaprincess
          • 753 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:20 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by morenaindc
            Will you post a pic of your orchard wall seaprincess?
            I will post it soon I promise!
            Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#346 morenaindc

morenaindc
            • 221 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:52 PM

cool...ill be looking for it!

#347 nicoleandscott

nicoleandscott
              • 397 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:47 PM

fiance finally booked our legal day!! wooohooo!! (see new ticker...!)

it's december 30, which is the day before we leave for cabo. i'm SO excited! :)

#348 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,921 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:40 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by nicoleandscott

Exciting! It will be here before you know it!

#349 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,921 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:41 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Chantal85
                    Good job Seaprincess! I hope your shower is extra fun!

I just had two, one with my former coworkers and a surprise one my mom and maid of honor threw for me when I was recently in back east to visit them (I cried for the first half hour because I'm not good with surprises haha). It was full of games with sexual innuendo, WINE, hot tubs and people being thrown in the pool!

Our invites went out in July and we now have 19 people booked with a few stragglers left.

We are getting ready to move so we're holding back on ordering our favors (embroidered beach towels!).

For our guest book, we are going to have everyone save their boarding pass from the plane trip and we will put it together in a scrapbook.

My bridesmaid dresses should be coming in October...and hopefully my dress too!

Cheers to all the January brides for getting the bulk of the job done! Here's to 3 1/2 months till the white sand beaches!
                    Good for you! Did you get anything good?
                    Did you post your dresses on here? Can't remember... excited to see them!
                    Good idea for the guestbook!

#350 Amarillis

Amarillis
                    • 1,913 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:00 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ToBeMitchell
                      No- we have mine but haven't found his yet. Is anyone getting their rings engraved? I want to but don't know what to say...

I missed that detail when discussing our rings… our rings are going to say `Cuba 01.28.2009`

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by robinbood
                      Hi Everybody!

I had my surprise wedding shower this past Saturday :). It was so sweet- my BMs and mom and FI planned it and created this ruse to get me out of the house. They decorated the place with tropical flowers, beach stuff, etc. and had everyone wear vacation/beach clothes. It was a lot of fun and I was very touched. I'll post a couple pics if i can figure out how!

I have a question about invitations: What rsvp date is everyone giving? I sent out SODs back in July, and will send a reminder email to book rooms Oct. 1 (the rate is only guaranteed until Oct. 15), so I was viewing the invites as a formality, which we'll be sending out Nov. 1, and was planning on putting December 15 for the rsvp date for my Jan 25 wedding. But I'm thinking maybe I should put December 1, just so I know by then, in case there are any stragglers. The woman at the stationery store is against it (I guess from a strict etiquette standpoint, it's not proper, but I think with a destination wedding, etiquette is more flexible). What do you think? Thanks!!!

YAY for bridal showers! Please Please Please post pics!!!! Just get a photo bucket account! I`ll find the instructions…
                      My dress is in! My dress is in!!!! I'll pick it up when I return from Mexico (mini vacation, we leave next thursday for 5 nights :)

As for RSVP dates, ours in Nov. 15...our rooms are being held until the end of Nov, so I figured with an RSVP date of Nov. 15, people will get the idea and move their tushes! I'm sending out the invites within the next 3 weeks

MINI VACAY!!! – Spoiled!!!!!!

YAY for your dress being in… I have scheduled my first fitting for November 10th! YAY

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by nicoleandscott

OMG = So Fun!!! Yay!

SeaPrincess: bridal shower YIPPEE!!!! That is awesome! Please be sure to post pics after the weekend!!!!

As for me - I have been delving full force into writing thank you cards from my shower... I am running out of time, being that my mother has imposed a rule that they all must be out within a month of the event.... So far I have written 86 ..... 86 i figure I have about 20 to go....

This weekend FI and I leave for a week of golf in the Muskoka's (a region in Ontario) I am SO looking forward to it...

YAY...

big hugs to all...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users