• Please log in to reply
860 replies to this topic

#221 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,921 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

Nice dresses!!!! Nicole: cute short dress and love the shoes! I am leaning towards wearing these Kenneth Cole wedge sandals... they are pearl white with shells on them.. that I got on clearance last year. I love pretty heels, but they are not going to be so pretty if I am wobbling down the isle. I am 5"9 and don't wear heels that often!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#222 nicoleandscott

nicoleandscott
    • 397 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:02 PM

soontobeamrs - you are beautiful in your dress!!! so stunning! i think wedges will be great! as long as you are comfy that's all that matters! :)

#223 nicoleandscott

nicoleandscott
      • 397 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:03 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by erinnjosh
        not to post 1000 things in a row =) i'm still trying to go back and catch up on what you guys have been writing.

as far as jewelry goes...i was thinking of doing some classy coral earings. i'll have to take a picture and post it.

my MOH is wearing coral.

Is that trashy? my future MIL seems to think that getting married in anything BUT PEARLS is a terrible idea....
        i love the coral idea! go with what YOU want and what YOU feel beautiful in!

#224 Dez921714

Dez921714
        • 1,489 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:09 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by chicklet
          Dez...thanks for the warm welcome. Do u think you will be hot in your dress? Its very pretty but full..

Nicole...you dress is soo cute. Nice choice!!!!

Anyone else waiting for their dress to come in?? Mine won't be here till November (.
          Um...I'm not sure if I'll be hot. It's actually one of the lighter dresses I tried on and the train comes completely off, so that'll help get rid of some weight for the reception.

Silky or shiffon type dress, although beautiful, do not look right on my body...I am too + sized and they show EVERYTHING on me LOL

Plus, when I told my parents we were having a destination wedding, my mom's big issue was my dress, she was really disappointed that I wouldnt be able to have a "gown"...so I said "why not?" Temps in Mexico in Jan are low to mid 80's....so it's almost like getting married here in May or June :) I can deal and my mom is thrilled.

Oh, and my dress won't be in until the end of sept/beg of Oct.
          http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#225 Dez921714

Dez921714
          • 1,489 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:12 PM

Ladies, I love seeing all of your stuff :)

Everyone looks great in their dresses :) I love to see how different dresses compliment different bodies! Dresses that would never look good on me look great on others and sometimes dresses that are completely not my style will actually look awesome when I see them on a particular bride...another reason why I love this forum :)
            http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

#226 nicoleandscott

nicoleandscott
            • 397 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:14 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Dez921714
              Um...I'm not sure if I'll be hot. It's actually one of the lighter dresses I tried on and the train comes completely off, so that'll help get rid of some weight for the reception.

Silky or shiffon type dress, although beautiful, do not look right on my body...I am too + sized and they show EVERYTHING on me LOL

Plus, when I told my parents we were having a destination wedding, my mom's big issue was my dress, she was really disappointed that I wouldnt be able to have a "gown"...so I said "why not?" Temps in Mexico in Jan are low to mid 80's....so it's almost like getting married here in May or June :) I can deal and my mom is thrilled.

Oh, and my dress won't be in until the end of sept/beg of Oct.
              your gown is beautiful (and the shoes are sexy!!)! january temps in mexico can be slightly chilly sometimes, so i don't think it'll be hot at all! it's basically the end of august, which means the end of september (AKA: dress time!!) is right around the corner.....

#227 Dez921714

Dez921714
              • 1,489 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:19 PM

Thanks!!! Yeah, I was hoping it'd be slightly cooler the day of the wedding but warm the other days so people go in the pools LOL

My shoes are 2 3/4 heal...I start out at 5'9 FI is 5'7....did the math? He jokes that he's going to wear lifts and I have to be barefoot LOL

#228 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
                • Banned
                • 1,051 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:23 PM

I too have a lot of stuff to post.
                  Links are:
                  • My DIY MIB Invites
                  • OOT's
                  • My DIY veil
                  • Centerpieces/Ring holder
                  • My wedding dress
                  • My BM dresses (They'll be royal blue and watermelon pink)
                  • My FI's suit

http://bestdestinati....bottle invites

http://www.boandandr...mages/oot-bags/

http://www.boandandr...ts/images/veil/

http://www.boandandr...ages/ornaments/

David's Bridal - Bridal Gowns VW8897 Organza tea-length dress with metallic embroidery and ribbon accent at waist.

David's Bridal - Bridesmaid F12899 Sleeveless chiffon short dress with satin beaded straps.

Joseph & Feiss Three-Button White Suit | Men's Wearhouse

#229 nicoleandscott

nicoleandscott
                  • 397 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:23 PM

lucky duck! i wish i were 5'9"!! :)

i'm totally agreeing with you on the weather...warm enough for sunbathing and swimming but cool enough to be comfortable (i just hope it's not COLD!)

#230 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
                    • Banned
                    • 1,051 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:27 PM

I LOVE seeing everyone's stuff! You girls all look beautiful in your dresses!!! I love the idea of the coral earrings!!! Have any of you had your 1st fitting yet??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users